Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Character
    Warmage
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    I want a way to see everyone's' alts. Screw the bs, at the least give me that, its crazy how people can be jags and cheats on one character and hide on another. The community should know who they are dealing with, so show the tie to the playonline account globally and remove the requirement to be friends in game to see peoples alts. Then we will know who we are dealing with and have a real choice to be bothered with them or not. AND when a dirty bag is banned for cheating S.E. should ban all characters associated with the address, IP, and/or POL I.D.. If S.E. is not going to enforce rules then they turn into suggestions, so let the lawlessness increase accordingly.

It would also be great to see how many alts the snobs are using to juice up one character. Let's see a person be a elitist jerk when everyone knows you use 10 alts to juice ur trash-talking character.
    (1)

Character
    Nauta
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Except if you listen to what the hackers did they were also doing it on multiple accounts. They claimed that with their sparks gear mules you could still farm a decent amount. We are talking about 20m a run, 40m a day per char they cheated with. Billions of gil.

It's no worse but it's also not good. And for SE to be this lenient on people who are flaunting their "accomplishments" of only getting 3 day bans across several forums, is horrible for the game's reputation. It makes me laugh because a lot of the "great" "amazing" players all turned out to be cheats. If nothing is done to compensate players who play fairly, fix the alexandrite situation, or pass more harsh punishment, I really don't see it worth giving any money to SE if they are going to protect hackers.

When are the devs going to chime in?
    (2)

Character
    Redwave
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 91
    What's there to chime in on? They already gave their input when they gave out the punishments they deemed fit. Is it the most fitting? I don't think so, but whether I agree with it or not, it's not my decision to make to begin with.
    (2)

Player
    It's the weekend. Even if there was anything to say on the topic (which they probably won't), there wouldn't be any posts on the weekends.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    It's the weekend. Even if there was anything to say on the topic (which they probably won't), there wouldn't be any posts on the weekends.
    I predict a deleted thread come Monday. Problem solved.
    (1)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Comeatmebro View Post
    you're crazy if you think this had anywhere near the impact of a 100-char rmt operation

a rmt with 100 hak-bots(pre-nerfs) is throwing 150-200m/day into the economy and drastically lowering the value of people's saved gil, as well as short term nuking the availability of anything buyable.. banning them increases the stability and longevity of the ingame economy

the result of this exploit is just some gil getting funneled around.. the amount of gil in the economy remains unchanged and the amount of alex in the economy will reset over the next couple weeks because once turned in it's gone and lost forever

someone picking up the game today is no worse off than they would have been if this hadn't ever happened, you can't say the same of mass rmt
    SE has been banning RMT before hak bots became a thing and after hak nerf, they've been banning RMT for many years and they've been banning RMT in XIV as well.

They ban RMT because cheating/RMT hurts the game in the long run, regardless the method of generating gil. It doesn't matter if you're generating gil via infinite dyna time, NPC blinker, hak bot, alex dupe, it all hurt the game in the long run.
    (3)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Annnd it's Monday >.>
    (1)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    By your logic they shouldn't ban RMT ever, since RMT often create 10+ or 100+ accounts, but there aren't many ppl that would really rage quit over RMT.

Thus SE should let RMT exist because it's extra sub with RMT in game.

In reality, SE did ban RMT. So I don't think they make choice to ban account based on short term profit.
    That's a pretty silly argument coming from the sub perspective, as every RMT account that's banned is another copy of the game bought. If anything, it could be argued that aggressive banning RMT (banning their accounts multiple times per month) would make them more money from repurchasing the game. Then again, maybe they're aggressive enough when they ban random mules that trade large sums of gil with the same alt characters over and over for months/years.
    (0)
    7/10/14

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    That's a pretty silly argument coming from the sub perspective, as every RMT account that's banned is another copy of the game bought. If anything, it could be argued that aggressive banning RMT (banning their accounts multiple times per month) would make them more money from repurchasing the game. Then again, maybe they're aggressive enough when they ban random mules that trade large sums of gil with the same alt characters over and over for months/years.
    I don't think SE make decisions to ban RMT based on the fact that they knew RMT would buy new accounts....how'd they know whether the account they banned came from real RMT studio or not?

They also banned plenty of mules due to suspicious RMT activity, those players never create a new account after that. I have plenty of friend's mules were banned and they never bother to buy a new account again.
    (1)

Character
    Safiyyah
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    Annnd it's Monday >.>
    I choose to believe that Square-Enix is still investigating this incident and planning an appropriate punishment for those players who took advantage of this exploit.

The alternative is that Square-Enix is choosing to let players who cheated keep multiple mythics and hundreds of millions or even billions of gil. This option seems unlikely considering that it sets a precedent for future cheating, and would cost them all credibility when it came to claiming to keep Final Fantasy XI clean and "fair" for all players.
    (4)

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast