Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Character
    Lynettta
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It's funny how much the games ideals have changed over the years.

If you just bought gil 6-7 years ago and were found out the entire server would shun you, you'd be kicked from your linkshell and no other shell would take you. You would never get party invites etc.

Now? You can buy gil openly, sell it (large numbers of the "best" players on the game sell or have sold gil at some point), you can hack and use apps infront of your shellmates openly, cheat, bot or whatever you want. Nobody will care, no linkshell leader will see it as reason to boot from the shell, infact they will defend them and figure out some way to see it as a good thing that they are doing it.
    (5)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Botters and cheaters are generally subpar players not the "best" player, there are basically those that can't achieve things the legit way. Think salvage v1. The same peeps that botted HNMs duped salvage 35s and now .. alexandrites. All this for probably mythics that are are not yagrush !
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    Botters and cheaters are generally subpar players not the "best" player, there are basically those that can't achieve things the legit way. Think salvage v1. The same peeps that botted HNMs duped salvage 35s and now .. alexandrites. All this for probably mythics that are are not yagrush !
    That's why I said elitist instead of elite. Huge difference between the two terms.
    (2)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    It's funny how much the games ideals have changed over the years.

If you just bought gil 6-7 years ago and were found out the entire server would shun you, you'd be kicked from your linkshell and no other shell would take you. You would never get party invites etc.

Now? You can buy gil openly, sell it (large numbers of the "best" players on the game sell or have sold gil at some point), you can hack and use apps infront of your shellmates openly, cheat, bot or whatever you want. Nobody will care, no linkshell leader will see it as reason to boot from the shell, infact they will defend them and figure out some way to see it as a good thing that they are doing it.
    I'm not sure I agree with that exact assessment, but I will definitely agree that most people just don't care at this point. We learned long long ago it's a waste of time reporting any cheating we witness. As long as it does not directly screw us over, we just don't care anymore. But I bet every last person who broke their asses over their mythic weapons would not be a'okay with someone hacking their way to several, and a good sum of gil that would get any RMT banned on the spot. It's clear SE skipped checking on duped items/gil and just plastered a 3 day ban and called it a morning.

I don't blame a soul who did it, but we all can do without the blatant bragging that goes along the lines of, "haha I stole this massive haul, sucks to be you guys who have to earn it legitimately!" So my kudos goes out to everyone who had enough sense to keep their trap shut and enjoy their stolen haul, which at this point seems every single person except ONE.

My last thoughts are this: Perhaps this hack was alittle more wide spread than it should have been. Perhaps enough people were using it that SE actually caved in and let them get away with it because the hit in sub numbers was too much for them to bare over mythic weapons that they know are to this day an overly complicated and unforgiving quest line, almost as if cheating is now an accepted necessary evil. The game ain't getting any younger.
    (4)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I sincerely doubt that large groups of people are quitting over cheating. Using windower is cheating and I heard a statistic thrown out there that 80% of the PC players in this game use it. Most people I know who quit have done so for other games (WoW, XIV) or real life situations (move, grow up, get married, etc). Furthermore the biggest thing that is keeping the average player out of a pickup group is not the lack of a mythic weapon, it's the fact that the group needs X job and you don't have it. Most times I see shouts, they are only looking for R/E brd, R rng, R/E pld, and some sort of mage (a stunner or a healer). Regardless of if you had a mythic DD you would not be invited to join that shout.
    (2)

Character
    Safiyyah
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
    I sincerely doubt that large groups of people are quitting over cheating. Using windower is cheating and I heard a statistic thrown out there that 80% of the PC players in this game use it. Most people I know who quit have done so for other games (WoW, XIV) or real life situations (move, grow up, get married, etc). Furthermore the biggest thing that is keeping the average player out of a pickup group is not the lack of a mythic weapon, it's the fact that the group needs X job and you don't have it. Most times I see shouts, they are only looking for R/E brd, R rng, R/E pld, and some sort of mage (a stunner or a healer). Regardless of if you had a mythic DD you would not be invited to join that shout.
    We shouldn't have to threaten to quit over the cheating for S-E to do the right thing here.

Also, what you fail to understand is that players made hundreds of millions or billions from this. Gil is still a really big deal in FFXI. While there are a few rare/ex pieces that each job needs, you still need substantial amounts of gil for the following non-mythic items, just for starters:

AF1/AF2 119 gear
    Skirmish augment items +2
    Empyrean weapon, last 3 stages
    Relic weapon, entirely
    New HQ stat rings
    HQ food

And of course you can find linkshells that will merc just about any item, provided that you have the gil. Since you can get a job to 99 in a day or two, if you have the gil, it's easy to have X job for an event in just a few days.

Gil isn't just some throwaway thing. It's not just the mythics that players built but also the gil that they made. One of them on Sylph was so blatant that he sold alex by the thousands on many days for months on end. I never bought from him, that I recall, but he must have made billions. I would not be surprised if some of that gil went to RMT.

This player and the others who participated in the Salvage cheating need to go, for good, I think.
    (4)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post

And if cheating gives player more R/E/M BRD RNG PLD etc, the gap between a none cheater and cheater gets bigger, thus they get less invite and quite more often.

Say if 50% of ppl are cheating and running around with R/M/E jobs, you'd have to compete with 50% of player for a spot without it. Further more SE would have to make the content harder to balance the fact that more ppl has R/M/E.

If nobody cheats, only 10%~20% of player would won R/M/E and you only have to compete with 20% of ppl without one, and the content would be easier for those ppl as well.

So indirectly it would lead to the above issues and more ppl would quit.
    (8)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I think I play a very different game than you guys. I play with a group of friends and have had help making most of what you just listed. I have had to pay for very little aside from food and hq rings. I rarely join shout groups even though I actually have the jobs they are looking for because playing with people I don't know is a gamble. I also don't think this is the gil generating exploit you should be concerned about destroying the economy (at least they fixed haks).
    (1)

Character
    Lynettta
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    When people commit disgusting cheating that affects everyone why do some people try to legitimize it by saying windower is cheating too?

Jaywalking is against the law, does that mean someone robbing a bank has a free pass because everyone jaywalks at some point?

Leave the stupid windower is cheating nonsense out of this, this is as bad cheating as you can get and not even in the same ballpark. You may be able to argue windower vs whatever on many things but not this, this is blatant app abuse to repop easy to kill bosses to make vast amounts of gil and make all the best, most "broken" items in the game in a matter of weeks.
    (9)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Cheating is cheating. I don't care if you jaywalk or rob a bank, you've still done the wrong thing.
    (2)

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast