Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Derian
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Auction House Sorting & Item Levels

Just curious if there are future plans to take into account the item level of equipment when using sort by level on the auction house.

I have noticed that a number of equipment categories have multiple pages of level 99 gear at the top of the list when sorted but the iLevel gears seems randomly strewn amongst the Lv.99 pieces.
    (2)

Player
    Would like this too, I know there's a lot less ilvl gear from crafting than from events, but it's frustrating trying to find something and having to go through a bunch of old stuff.
    (0)

I checked on this and currently there are no plans.
    (0)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    I checked on this and currently there are no plans.
    Any chance you can check again? <.<;

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
    Matsui here.

Thank you for the feedback.

With the item level system implemented, we feel it’s important to make browsing the auction house even easier by addressing this with an item level sort feature, and we will be looking into this.

We will need to change the auction house specifications so that it references item levels instead of regular equipment levels, and we also need to give consideration for other related aspects this change will affect, so please give us a bit of time to implement this.
    Granted, this was 9 months ago, so was it discovered that such a thing could not be done easily? I understand you're only able to relay what you're told, but answers like this is what has fueled the topic with half of your reply as the thread name. Simply saying it was looked into, and the time required to make it happen wasn't worth the effort for the time being, and the idea would be revisited at some point, would go much further than answers of this nature.
    (8)
    7/10/14

I am just facepalming at the continual use of "no plans"
    (4)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Halldir
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Reminds me when I was a child and I asked a question my parents didn't like the question or couldn't be bothered to actually give a answer.

Q: (example)

A: Because I said so.

Canned answer is SE's response for 90% of questions.

More Examples?

(3)
    Last edited by Halldir; 08-30-2014 at 06:34 AM.

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I am just facepalming at the continual use of "no plans"
    It seems to me that even when they had plans, they have no plans. I'm telling you. These guys are high, high, high. They need to get off the mari-ju-ana and get some work done.

This should be SE's theme song now:
    Because I Got High
    (0)

It's not a perfect solution, but sorting Armor by Defense and Weapons by Damage works for me.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    It's not a perfect solution, but sorting Armor by Defense and Weapons by Damage works for me.
    Someone searches around for a solution instead of complaining that there isn't an instant gratification solution given to them? *Gasp* That's blasphemy Cat.....go complain to SE like everyone else and complain about other minor things that you want fixed instead of them getting the game back on track.
    (0)
    Marada- Badass Tarutaru Ginger

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Any chance you can check again? <.<;

Granted, this was 9 months ago, so was it discovered that such a thing could not be done easily? I understand you're only able to relay what you're told, but answers like this is what has fueled the topic with half of your reply as the thread name. Simply saying it was looked into, and the time required to make it happen wasn't worth the effort for the time being, and the idea would be revisited at some point, would go much further than answers of this nature.
    Square have a long history of promising things and not following through, remember when they promised a Direct X update for FFXI for like....4 years and then one day said they canned it out of nowhere? After saying it was finished and ready to implement in WOTG even.

No plans is better than YES we will do that! and then a year later saying, PS2 limitations.

I'm gonna laugh as XIV gets that treatment in years to come.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 08-31-2014 at 05:17 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast