Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    Player
    Yeah, it really more of a case of them taking the order for the rib, sending out your appetizers, waiting 3-4 months and then telling you there's no plans currently to cook your Prime Rib.

And these forums are for feedback, if people want to come out and say they're annoyed about something, or to push for something they should be able to. Complaining about this stuff, unfortunately, is one of the few ways they do listen.
    (1)

Player
    Yeah, it really more of a case of them taking the order for the rib, sending out your appetizers, waiting 3-4 months and then telling you there's no plans currently to cook your Prime Rib.
    This is actually pretty funny (I lol'd), but kinda true...
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    I can never understand why you like gears being so rare in a MMORPG. If you think it's too easy, just don't obtain them. Why do you need to like that fact?

Reversed to prove your comment carries no weight. However, logically speaking, it makes a lot more sense to be unhappy about items that exist that you won't be able to obtain, rather than being happy things exist that you cannot obtain.
    It makes a lot more sense to give more reward for ppl that spend more time/effort, in game or irl. It also makes a lot more sense not to be unhappy if someone spent more time/effort got more reward*.....fixed for you. IMO it wouldn't make any sense if someone work 5hr a week being unhappy about his income lower than another individual work 40hr a week.

So if someone can't afford a Ferrari or something expensive irl, they'd feel unhappy too? By your logic 99% of the population on earth would be unhappy because they can't afford a Ferrari. But that's not true at all, most ppl aren't unhappy with their life without owning a Ferrari......because they knew they probably don't deserve one.

I think rare gear/Ferrari should exist, because I think ppl who put their effort into making money irl or playing the game should be rewarded with their accomplishment. If every casual can own a rare gear in MMO, or every lazy individual can own a Ferrari irl, there won't be any incentive to move forward and work hard, thus taking most of the excitement in life/game away.

Ppl who played a video game hard should be rewarded with a rare gear different from everyone else, ppl who worked hard in real life should be rewarded with a rare show off item like Ferrari. Nothing wrong with that. If you feel unhappy that someone else gets better stuff, maybe you need to adjust your POV about life lol.....there are always someone that gets better stuff cuz they worked harder/luckier, irl or in game.
    (2)
    Last edited by Afania; 09-10-2014 at 09:27 PM.

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    What about people who have a job that doesn't allow them to own a Ferrari, but they won enough money from like a game show or actually won the lotto. They go out and buy one just because they can now because of their winnings. It still doesn't mean that they can afford to own one once that money they won goes away. Because let's face it most people who win a huge amount of money don't go and do smart things with said money so that it will last longer at a minimum or actually make them more so that they can actually still afford to have that Ferrari.

Back to the actual thread. Even though the we have no plans and wishy-washy bs they sometimes give us gets people's knickers in a twist; it at least is a response. I'm sure we all can easily find threads multi paged or not that haven't gotten any response even with various people asking for one. The no responses at times like we're just talking to a wall or the many voices in our head. Or maybe to a cat.
    (0)

Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    One major issue as of late is when the development team HAD plans and then dropped them and decided to not tell anyone. Just take a look at Cait Sith and Atomos. Sure, Cait Sith is in the game now and Atomos is on the way but we've been waiting for them for almost 4 years now. That's absolutely ridiculous especially when BST is getting 6 new pets added on a whim. I know BRD has similar issues with Massacre Elegy. I liked the old yearly road maps better than the new system of telling us what's going to happen 2 weeks before the update. At least then I knew what to expect throughout the year and what, almost certainly, wasn't going to happen.
    (1)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Yet the problem with the road maps was oh hey look at this stuff we're saying we are working on and are going to give you at this date ect. When at least half of the stuff on those road maps have yet to be put in game or they have chosen to now not put them in. At least now every month they give us what to look for next month and put *'s on things that might not finish the last batch of quality control checks for that update and will let us know that at best we'll see it next month.

I just wish they would announce the freshly picked in advance since they tend to show off and sometimes talk about things that are going to be in the update after the one we're on like they tend to do with the trusts. Instead us NA/EU get to be told about it after the patch has already arrived.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    It makes a lot more sense to give more reward for ppl that spend more time/effort, in game or irl. It also makes a lot more sense not to be unhappy if someone spent more time/effort got more reward*.....fixed for you. IMO it wouldn't make any sense if someone work 5hr a week being unhappy about his income lower than another individual work 40hr a week.

So if someone can't afford a Ferrari or something expensive irl, they'd feel unhappy too? By your logic 99% of the population on earth would be unhappy because they can't afford a Ferrari. But that's not true at all, most ppl aren't unhappy with their life without owning a Ferrari......because they knew they probably don't deserve one.

I think rare gear/Ferrari should exist, because I think ppl who put their effort into making money irl or playing the game should be rewarded with their accomplishment. If every casual can own a rare gear in MMO, or every lazy individual can own a Ferrari irl, there won't be any incentive to move forward and work hard, thus taking most of the excitement in life/game away.

Ppl who played a video game hard should be rewarded with a rare gear different from everyone else, ppl who worked hard in real life should be rewarded with a rare show off item like Ferrari. Nothing wrong with that. If you feel unhappy that someone else gets better stuff, maybe you need to adjust your POV about life lol.....there are always someone that gets better stuff cuz they worked harder/luckier, irl or in game.
    I have better skills than you. I do make as much in 5 hours a week as you make in 40. Your analogy is terrible.

This grind pays strictly based on attendance. Not how hard you work or how good you are. If you want to be rewarded for effort, make an effort to play better. Not an effort to just show up more.
    (3)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    What about people who have a job that doesn't allow them to own a Ferrari, but they won enough money from like a game show or actually won the lotto. They go out and buy one just because they can now because of their winnings. It still doesn't mean that they can afford to own one once that money they won goes away. Because let's face it most people who win a huge amount of money don't go and do smart things with said money so that it will last longer at a minimum or actually make them more so that they can actually still afford to have that Ferrari.
    You mean like someone that wins the Bonanza and complains that they can't afford the Scoria? I don't really see your point. There's things for people to spend a lot of time/money on to get a bit better of an item, and there's quick easy to get items that aren't much worse than those long term goal items. What's the issue, that not everyone has the patience for them?
    (2)
    7/10/14

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    There's things for people to spend a lot of time/money on to get a bit better of an item, and there's quick easy to get items that aren't much worse than those long term goal items.
    That's the part I'm not getting about arguing for easing mythic obtainment. People were justified in complaining when the REM fiasco happened. SE gave everyone extremely easy access to weapons that were 40% or more better then even Mythics. Now? Mythics are still the best in most cases but the gap is MUCH smaller then 40%. Why not have a piece of gear that shows your dedication for the job? Are (most) Mythics still good? Yes. But are they so good that you need them to perform or be allowed in events? No. They're desirable but not necessary.

I think that's a pretty good balance to strike.
    (3)
    Last edited by Mefuki; 09-11-2014 at 06:38 AM.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cfpeJGwi2KhQjNvCkk5Cg

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    You mean like someone that wins the Bonanza and complains that they can't afford the Scoria? I don't really see your point. There's things for people to spend a lot of time/money on to get a bit better of an item, and there's quick easy to get items that aren't much worse than those long term goal items. What's the issue, that not everyone has the patience for them?
    My point is according to Afania if in RL you have a job that allows you to afford a Ferrari it equates to working harder than someone who's job doesn't allow them to afford one equates to them not working hard enough. So I brought up people who in RL who's normal job wouldn't allow them them to afford one, but win the lotto or like one past Jeopardy champion won like 3mil and he went and bought a Porsche. Because you know he could do that. Again most people don't normally do smart things with their winnings so that they run out of the money they won. So if they quit their job or didn't get a better paying job they won't be able to afford said car later on. Thus their car example is somewhat flawed.
    (1)

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast