Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    No, he said it will stack. He didn't say it will be similar to hasso. So your total haste will be ja haste + equipment haste + magical haste + wyvern haste, with respect to the haste cap, of course.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Greetings,

With the amount of time required for a breath to activate, it will somewhat affect the timing for swapping out equipment for Healing Breath enhancements making it a bit trickier, but we would like you all to actually try this out when it goes live and then let us know your feedback in regards to the usage.

Additionally, I’d like to give a bit more information regarding the upcoming adjustments.
    • Haste effect
      The new haste effect gained by the dragoon as a wyvern’s level rise will stack with equipment haste as well as magical haste effects similar to Hasso and Spirit Surge.
    • Strafe
      At the level 80 stage for the Strafe job trait, breath accuracy will cumulatively be +100.
    Neat. I'm glad they let you be the one to deliver good news for once.
    (2)

Character
    Aisleblocker
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 30
    Glad its JA haste, if it was gear or magic haste it would be welcome, but not nearly as effective. Most the time when you are doing end game events, you are capped magic/gear haste anyway.
    (0)

Character
    Xsilver
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Don't forget, it will also mean that /WAR is going to be quite competitive with /SAM. With /WAR you'll have an effective Hasso equivalent for JA haste. Defender with Wyvern will give you +45% defense and only -5% attack. Berserk will give you +45% attack and only -5% defense. Double Attack, higher HP, Warcry, Provoke, Aggressor. Also the 15STP isn't as necessary anymore(easily made up from gear and actually 492 delay lances give slightly more TP now after the WS update). Also 5hits aren't as necessary since fTP changes, overflow of TP isn't necessarily as wasteful as it once was.
    (0)

Character
    Aisleblocker
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 30
    Yea /sam is going to be a thing of the past most likely. /War or /Drk onry. with /drk you could cap ja haste and get more attack, or you can /war and get all those goodies.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Greetings,

With the amount of time required for a breath to activate, it will somewhat affect the timing for swapping out equipment for Healing Breath enhancements making it a bit trickier, but we would like you all to actually try this out when it goes live and then let us know your feedback in regards to the usage.
    Translation: Please use windower and gearswap, you will enjoy FFXI more.
    (3)

Character
    Xsilver
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Translation: Please use windower and gearswap, you will enjoy FFXI more.
    The delay is server side. Go equip Brais and watch your Wyvern's HP bar. Watch how long it takes for it to update the HP after the brais are equipped. It doesn't matter how fast the player equips the brais, the server still takes 2-3 seconds to update and the breath will be activating in 1 second post patch.
    (1)

Character
    Reichleiu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsilver View Post
    It's hard to use % gear for Healing Breath and since that's all Wyvern HP gear is useful for
    I'm sorry.. what?

You should have Wyvern HP or HP% gear in your Steady wing set so your wyvern doesn't die as well, so that's not all its useful for. You can get Stoneskin on your wyvern up to 3k+ in some situations with proper gearing.

I do agree with your second point though. Making healing breath get off faster is much more important than having it land for 300 or so more.
    (0)

Character
    Xsilver
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I agree, but I guess I'm just neurotic about it. It would be like playing WHM and having a piece of gear that has Cure Potency +20% that you can't really use reliably.
    (0)

Character
    Reichleiu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsilver View Post
    I agree, but I guess I'm just neurotic about it. It would be like playing WHM and having a piece of gear that has Cure Potency +20% that you can't really use reliably.
    Oh no.. I understand. As a Tarutaru, i've always felt that being able to cure almost all my HP with a normal, non-deep breathing healing breath, has been a godsend. But.. you are stretching it a bit. A 5-7mp heal for 1.1k HP vs 1.4k HP is still broken as hell and is not like a WHM having 20% cure potency they can't use.

We are all really looking a gift horse in the mouth here. There was no way they were going to buff us while still allowing us to have the most broken heal in the game. (1.4k HP heal for 5-7mp)

20% Att and 10% JA Haste + Faster Heals.. ya, I can give up 300hp on healing breath. If they want to buff our attack boost to 50% I would give up healing breath all together.. because what am I soloing in current FFXI? :3
    (0)

11. 08-28-2014 01:24 AM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast