Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by newmonkey View Post
    Like i said both Olor and Balloon spend more time on this forum than in game. They both openly admit this and yet it is those two who are the most vocal, i'm sick of them and i'm sure others are sick of seeing them on here, it's time both just left the forum for a good while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balloon View Post
    I live in the uk, never punched in the face, thanks.

There's also an ignore list on these forums. Go to my profile, click 'Add to Ignore' list, it'll be better for your blood pressure.

You seem to have a history of abusing people on their comment section of ffxiah. Buttdevestated might not have been my most mature moment, but I don't hunt people down on different forums and call them slags. Seems less mature.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkStoneDragon View Post
    Can you please take your argument somewhere else? this is not the thread for this... as I have asked before.
    Yes, I agree DarkStoneDragon.

Please can you take anger issues while not showing hatred or showing hatred towards others on these forums, simply find a way to step back, take a break and calm down then post positively while I agree this is not the place for boys and girls or anyone to fight and enrage others into being upset by doing so, so now back on topic that I do agree ffxi has a long self life partly because it always has changes or its ability to adapt to players needs of this particular game with feed back from there player based fans, therefore it will be around for a long time even if kind of dwindles in the keeping up with adjusting the game with all the work behind the game that we don't see them doing and taking time to cover to many things the game has to adjust all at once.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 08-21-2014 at 05:13 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    Well to put it in perspective:

-Both Ultima Online and Everquest are still running and they are older than FFXI, so as long as there's enough money coming in SE won't cancel it. The only time you should start getting worried is when this game goes into maintenance mode, and that isn't happening for quite a while yet.

-Graphics update would be wonderful (or heck, I'd prefer a DX Wrapper upgrade, which would allow stuff like more realistic water effects) but highly unlikely to happen.
    Good point;

Ultimately, it is on SE/players. XI is approaching 14 years iirc, not bad. As i mentioned before, XI will always have its' loyal followers, but ppl like me are not, hence will play XI on and off, or, quit completely (What I am leaning towards). I play a plethora of MMOs, XI was never my favorite/most played MMO, but it is a decent game nonetheless. Asura's population reached 900-1k when I was on, so ppl do play. Doubt that warrants a cut off/shutdown, unless subs drop drastically or something.

I have done nearly everything I can/want, save build a R.E.M or reach lvl99 on all jobs, however, I have the necessary funds to build a relic, hence will be satisfied knowing I could have, but chose not to^^ There appears to be nothing left for me to do; I even swapped characters to make things a bit more appealing, galka > hume main, but I burned through that one as-well, as it pertains to missions, money, battles, etc. I was around since 2004, doing sky, ground kings, etc, which is why I have become bored.

Imo, XI will be around; ppl will come and go, that is the nature of MMOs, but the loyal will stay. I tend to enjoy other MMOs more-so than XI, which is one of the reasons for my departure, no time for XI really, between others MMOs, offline games, classes, and work. However, I am only one person, others appear to enjoy it. XI has aged, with age comes a decline in subs. Imo, XI will not compete, but rather, just stay alive. Which is all it needs to do.
    (1)
    Last edited by WoW; 08-21-2014 at 06:59 AM.

Character
    Afterdarkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle View Post
    newmonky that is quite enough of your behavior, calm down and stop trying to force fighting, stop trying to cause it because of folks not seeing eye to eye the way you do and we all see the world differently then others and not the correct way to be or go about things! One of best thing's you can do for yourself is: if you can seek some counseling, professional counseling on it\issues to get it resolved and resolved fast into getting it fixed and getting yourself under control! Please & Thanks!
    Haha thanks for the advice! I should get some counseling for some of the stuff i see posted on here im scared for life lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by newmonkey; 08-21-2014 at 08:37 AM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by WoW View Post
    Gonna break in down for you real quick;

You are butt hurt because you were trashed/owned in that pet job thread pertaining to sam, I was not the one whom owning you, my comments were not really directed at no individual in particular.

I am quitting XI, big deal. i don't understand why players get offensive when someone quits or criticizes XI; they have your money, isn't that enough, lol? If you like XI, fine; if I am bored, so what?

Afania, stop taking your frustrations out me because Balloon and Olor ran you out of this thread with facts; http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...an-play/page20. Olor and Balloon know their $hit, no clue why you tried to mix it up with those two "Shrugs" You are all over the place now. Draylo made a sarcastic remark, no harm, no foul, but you wanted to take it to another level/personal because you got your feelings hurt. I did not post much in that thread and I was on record saying it was not sam's fault, but I seen the thrashing you took regardless. I am on and off XI atm, hence do not post/play much.

I also decided to stay out of heated debates (Or in your case thrashings), because I am not into XI like that anymore. If you are looking for a fight, you are not going to get one, I suggest you get back in this thread and handle your business http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...an-play/page20. If you want the last word, you can have it, but do not expect a reply. Your post appear to be either uneducated or trolls, not going to entertain/take your post seriously after reading your past comments. Have a nice day/XI virtual life.

Because I pointed out facts and present an opinion about this game, I'm "butt hurt?" Because you(and some other readers in that thread) agreed with their opinion, so I'm "trashed and owned"? From what I've seen, both sides of argument has supporters.

This is forum, I have opinions about the game direction, and I don't agree with Balloon/Olor's opinion. All the argument I ever post is never on personal lv, but only about points and logic.

I didn't write the above comment because I had an issue with you, I simply don't understand the logic behind your decision making: Bashed job balance on a forum(which is fine, really) then proceed to praise other titles you have no experience with, one of them has even worse job balance.

If anything you sounds like a troll more, lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 08-21-2014 at 09:43 AM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by WoW View Post
    ^^Don't have do worry about a thing; like I said, not going to reply, "just because;" she can have the last word, idc.

Nah, don't bother. I do pick logical flaws on forum discussions, if you reply you'd just create more flaws for me to pick.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStoneDragon View Post
    I made this thread to discuss the future of FFXI, but what WoW and Afania did was more less bring games up they like more,
    Except he didn't, lol. He brought up games that he has no experience with, it's also kinda immature to do so and irrelevant to the discussion to begin with.
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 08-21-2014 at 10:04 AM.

Player
    ppl may think I am crazy, but imo, SE could release a direct sequel to XI. Doubt XIV is the last SE MMO. I foresee another XI-esque MMO in the future. Perhaps they are already planning for the worst, in case XI playerbase dwindles drastically.
    (0)

I wish they would release an HD FFXI with some cleaned up code that we could port our characters to. I love this game but it's really being held back by some ancient architecture. I think it will keep going as long as they aren't losing money on it. Worst case scenario it goes down to 1 server and gets zero updates. Bet it could last like that indefinitely since the cost would be tiny and some people would keep paying.

I get the feeling they don't want a mainline numbered final fantasy to no longer exist. It will be interesting to see if they can keep it going. I wish they would fix some balance issues though. Really its the biggest thing discouraging me from continuing to pay/play.
    (3)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I wish they would release an HD FFXI with some cleaned up code that we could port our characters to. I love this game but it's really being held back by some ancient architecture. I think it will keep going as long as they aren't losing money on it. Worst case scenario it goes down to 1 server and gets zero updates. Bet it could last like that indefinitely since the cost would be tiny and some people would keep paying.

I get the feeling they don't want a mainline numbered final fantasy to no longer exist. It will be interesting to see if they can keep it going. I wish they would fix some balance issues though. Really its the biggest thing discouraging me from continuing to pay/play.

I agree, the balance issues are disturbing, but imo, if you love the game, play it/pay for it. I play other MMOs and offline games, which is the main reason why I canceled. I mean, why pay for something when you are logging on for like 20mins?

Some ppl get bored of XI, others do not; not sure why this causes a storm, it is simply the personal aspect of gaming. I mean, how can I say "XI is not fun for you" or "XI is fun for you" i can't......I was always an on and off subscriber to XI, rarely did my options continue into the next month, but rather, i would pay when i felt like playing again (Glad they fixed the 30 day rule from old times).

The day XI sees no updates may be the same day it shutdowns imo; I do not foresee such a thing anytime soon. XIV is the main attraction, but it died once before, XIV will die before XI imo. XI will not compete with newer MMOs, but it has a niche, XIV is pretty shallow and will not last imo. Iirc, they are already discussing a re-haul of the flawed class system; which is disturbing, because beta players pointed out potential flaws with this system.........SE appears to be an extremely short-sighted company.
    (0)

9. 08-22-2014 06:16 AM

Character
    Julissa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 20
    I don't think the game will see any major graphics upgrade, if they did they'd have to keep the game scalable to the original gfx as their are probably still quite a lot of people still playing on old or low end pcs. im no expert but i doubt they'd be able to create the game in dx9/10/11 while keeping the game scalable to how it originally was, very easily!
    i dont think ffxi looks too bad even now - some old game you look at and think "how did i ever think this game had good gfx" but this game i can still stand to look at! i tried Darkfall unholy wars the other day and that looked terrible!
    (0)

I care less about the graphics and more about the limitations of the engine... like saying "we can't improve collaborator because server limitations" or "congestion" with their weird fake instancing... I'd love to see the game get ported to an engine that can do modern things better.
    (5)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast