Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Darthmaull
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    I agree with Afania. I've gotten to the point that I mainly only use Run, Dnc and Geo. Primarily Run though. I used to have a static that we used my Run for and we would win with no problems on the chaper 1-5 fights. I left the game for a while and when I came back the new AA fights were in. My old static now had just about all level 119 gear and a Pld with Ochain. Coming back and now trying to compete with that Pld was hard. I couldn't keep up and I blamed it on the job and eventually quit the static. Since working mainly on Run and gearing it to full 119 gear and getting different macro pieces to enhance certain abilities, I can say that Run can tank high level content. Having good gear and skill in a job is a major factor.
    (0)
    Last edited by Darthmaull; 08-16-2014 at 11:18 PM.

Character
    Nightfox
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Using RUN over a PLD isn't a gamble on a different strategy though, it's the exactly same strategy except it's RUN instead of PLD.

PLD+RNG setup = PLD tank, RNG TP WS.

RUN+RNG setup = RUN tank, RNG TP WS.

If you're replacing PLD with a RDM, or BLM, or another melee so the setup has no tank at all, then it's gambling on a different strategy. But RUN and PLD are both tanks so I don't understand what's wrong with that.

I also have to point out, using RUN to tank over PLD is also a "strategy has already succeeded". Ppl have done it before, so you can't say it has potential to fail because of the job.
    This is true, just as a NIN falls under the tank category and should be able to fill the role as well. It's hard to tell if a strategy has already succeeded though, I personally haven't heard of any RUN success stories or found anything on the web, unless it is deep in forum post. In game, many don't know of it succeeding in higher level content, which includes myself. So many people just stick to the same strategy that succeeds the most, and is talked about the most.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfox View Post
    This is true, just as a NIN falls under the tank category and should be able to fill the role as well. It's hard to tell if a strategy has already succeeded though, I personally haven't heard of any RUN success stories or found anything on the web, unless it is deep in forum post. In game, many don't know of it succeeding in higher level content, which includes myself. So many people just stick to the same strategy that succeeds the most, and is talked about the most.

If you read a lot of BG or FFXIAH forums, it's often being talked about. Personally I pt with another RUN for marj T1~6, I've never get a chance to pt with with RUN in AA/DM2, but I've read ppl pt with RUN on AA/DM2 np on forum.

That being said, RUN is slightly harder than PLD to play. You need to keep shadows up and manage a lot more JA for hate/surviveability. You also need to know which rune to use, which debuff the NM has, which elemental dmg the NM can do, instead of just equip an Aegis and gtfo.

As for NIN, idk much about NIN's hate tool, so I can't make comment about it.
    (0)

Character
    Nightfox
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    If you read a lot of BG or FFXIAH forums, it's often being talked about. Personally I pt with another RUN for marj T1~6, I've never get a chance to pt with with RUN in AA/DM2, but I've read ppl pt with RUN on AA/DM2 np on forum.

That being said, RUN is slightly harder than PLD to play. You need to keep shadows up and manage a lot more JA for hate/surviveability. You also need to know which rune to use, which debuff the NM has, which elemental dmg the NM can do, instead of just equip an Aegis and gtfo.

As for NIN, idk much about NIN's hate tool, so I can't make comment about it.
    I'll have to find those posts then, thanks for the info i actually haven't used /nin on RUN much so I'll look into that too.
    (0)

I still find it astonishing that people think RUN can't tank Delve, considering that when Delve 1 was still hard, lots of PUG (particularly JP) were shouting for 2 RUN for every delve run. 1 to put in each DD party. This was before people realised that they could use RUN as a SJ and just carry on with all MNK/RUN.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfox View Post
    I'll have to find those posts then, thanks for the info i actually haven't used /nin on RUN much so I'll look into that too.

/NIN is probably the best tanking SJ thanks to fast cast usu from inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Bebekeke View Post
    I still find it astonishing that people think RUN can't tank Delve, considering that when Delve 1 was still hard, lots of PUG (particularly JP) were shouting for 2 RUN for every delve run. 1 to put in each DD party. This was before people realised that they could use RUN as a SJ and just carry on with all MNK/RUN.
    At that time JP PUG actually used RUN as a DD, not a "tank". Further more they used both RUN in pt AND MNK/RUN.

Of course whether you need to play that defensively or not is another argument.

I think when we talk about tanking in delve we mostly mean marj.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3