Reichleiu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Reichleiu
    and other than embrava situations haste samba is a huge help
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Two good posts, just wanted to point out Haste Samba has nothing to do with Embrava or capped magic haste, as it's 5% JA haste as /Dnc. :P
    I simply meant that it doesn't help in situations where you need Embrava. In that situation you should have capped haste (Total Haste) with just capped gear haste + Embrava + Soul Voice March + Haste NQ. Under these circumstances Samba would offer you nothing. I guess I could still make the case for its importance in this situation when NQ haste falls off though.
    (0)

Character
    Sandmaster
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I have no probs pointing out I was wrong when it comes to things like tp feed, like I said I've only just come back to the game after 3year absence. I always used to play COR as a DD/buffer before I quit during ToAU days and had a great time /WAR blasting out BNS Slugs, when I came back after that break obviously COR wasn't used so I only played it during the abyssea years to level it on 2 occasions. I was obviously on MNK and NIN during that stint and geared my COR through the use of those jobs. I have no qualms playing it in a Buffer/DD roll I just have a facination and love of Quick Draw and some of the ele ws's we have, to get the best out of QD you obiously have the MAB from /RDM, that dagger looks fantastic.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandmaste View Post
    In terms of melee and ws using /nin or /dnc I don't like it because outside of an exp party (where I think that method shines most) I feel it diverts your buffing more to the melee's, and your a massive TP feed to the mob.
    Since you're a returning player you probably didn't know that SE changed TP feed forumla years ago. Subtle blow honestly doesn't make a difference, there are no real danger to engage and hit the mob as long as you build a proper DT- set like every other melee.

"Diverts buffing more to the melees" is right way to do delve these days, WHM with 3 ballad usually won't run out of MP, unless the WHM is gimp.

Unless you're buffing 3~4 melees, playing COR/WHM that only roll and support and occasionally QD is like playing MNK that only melee TP but won't WS....it's a waste of job's potential and that made the job not worth bringing unless it's a mule.

Back to the topic, this is how I play the job usually:
    Morimar: Attack food(RCB or steak), offhand OAT dagger, /DNC and spam last stand, light shot x2 after dia2(or light shot x1 after dia3). Chaos+SAM roll on myself and koga SAM, Chaos+fighter for none mythic MNK and SAM. Always do at least 1 def- step before last stand, can build step on NM while fighting adds. Mainly because 5 steps takes time to build, NM usually die before you finish all 5. The earlier you start steps the more dmg you get out of it.

On megaboss swap to double acc dagger and high acc set if BRD isn't using madrigal and no RDM in pt.

Ceizak: Basically the same as morimar except use acc food(sushi or riverfin soup).

Yorcia: Last stand on T1 and 2, leaden salute for everything else. Acc food. With 1~2 darksday buff the dmg gap between COR and another DD is the smaller than delve1 in this zone, it's very easy to outparse most SAM if both darksday bonus are present. Switch to hunter for T4. On wopket bring med for slow erase and swap to max acc set when flash is on.

Kamir: /DNC, WS on T1 and 4 depend on mode, leaden for everything else. I swap to /ra mode on megaboss because dispel and amnesia is god damn terrible, with new spell flurry2 /ra dmg isn't bad now.

Marj: I still do this the old way which is /ra setup, so /DRG for this.

For AA and DM2 I just /DRG and /ra in RNG setup, in melee setup I /NIN.

A few tips:

1. Always yell for dia at start, cuz no mage ever do it :< Always do at least 1 def- step before using last stand.

2. The most damaging setup for COR is Chaos+SAM roll and OAT offhand with SAM in pt. You can TP fast enough to do 8~9k WS back to back. None mythic SAM and MNK still gain more dmg from Chaos+DA though, so you'd have to do 3 roll rotation(can do them during downtime so you don't waste output) to gain the most dmg. That being said, don't use OAT offhand when acc is an issue.

SAM roll is better for mythic or OAT weapon users, DA roll is better for other melee DD.

3. You can self light with exen+ last stand. If you're single DD on the NM for w/e reason it's more dmg than do last stand twice.

4. Don't stick with same TP/WS set for every NM! DD fundamental 101 Use lowest acc TP set on adds/fodder, bring max acc set for flash and such.

5. Always double up on chaos 6 or 7 if fold is up Double up aggressively is the difference between getting a 40% avg attack boost or avg 20%. Don't spend too much time on getting a good number though.

6. Bring a DT- set, DD fundamental 101.

7. Different mobs are weak against certain QD element, memorize the elemental weakness for each mob for some extra dmg every QD. Also, always QD asap when the timer is up unless you're saving it for w/e reason.

8. If possible avoid rebuffing when fighting the NM unless the NM has dispel move. Unless you have really good number on and you don't want to erase them.

9. Melee COR/DNC is much, much more effective than every other playstyle thanks to box steps. 13% def down from steps with additional 5%~10% extra def down from dia is no joke. If you can, /DNC as much as possible.
    (2)
    Last edited by Afania; 08-14-2014 at 01:32 AM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Reichleiu View Post
    I simply meant that it doesn't help in situations where you need Embrava. In that situation you should have capped haste (Total Haste) with just capped gear haste + Embrava + Soul Voice March + Haste NQ. Under these circumstances Samba would offer you nothing. I guess I could still make the case for its importance in this situation when NQ haste falls off though.
    What Malithar said was, magic haste cap at 43%, gear haste is 25%, you're only sitting at 68% under these circumstances which is NOT capped without JA haste. AFAIK WAR and DRG would sit at 78% with hasso so you still need samba. COR/DNC also isn't capping attack delay with DW2.
    (1)

Character
    Reichleiu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    What Malithar said was, magic haste cap at 43%, gear haste is 25%, you're only sitting at 68% under these circumstances which is NOT capped without JA haste. AFAIK WAR and DRG would sit at 78% with hasso so you still need samba. COR/DNC also isn't capping attack delay with DW2.
    You're right, my mistake. Embrava + Haste + Soul Voice March is enough to cap magic haste only.
    (0)

I think just Haste2 and a good Victory march is enough to cap Magic haste now too.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2