Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Timbit
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

Any chance we can have HP Bayld become more available?

Is there any chance the two new Mythic Quests (RUN/GEO) can be "balanced" out to be roughly equivalent to all other job Mythic quests?

Specifically I'm talking about making "Linen" versions of the HP Bayld items needed which would contain ~99 items and having these made available more readily, as we see in Salvage runs. Apparently 'Cotton" pouch versions of these already exist, but I've never seen nor heard of anyone getting these in a WKR, so the drop rate must be absurd.

Currently on my server, prices of HP Bayld range from 30-40k, compared to Alex which have dropped to 7-8k (and are currently being over-farmed now that the fishing nerf was implemented). So 1 Ergon Weapon is about equivalent to 4 Mythics (not comparing other aspects of the quests of course – Coalition to Legend vs. Assaults, Einherjar vs. Delve Boss items, etc)

I can farm 150 Alex solo in about 1hr, whereas to farm that many HP Bayld through all means WKR, Rieves, buying with Bayld (10k = 1 HP) would take me around 1 week+, so basically unless you're a player that has amassed 500mil gil somehow, these new Ergon weapons are wildly unattainable compared to all other job Mythics.

Can we have balance... please?

Tiny
    (4)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    actually an ergon weapon (assumeing 30k hp bayld and not higher) costs: 13099x 30k = 392'970'000 gil, whereas a mythic costs (lets assume 8.5k per alex, at least on myserver thats the lowest you get mostly) = 30000x8500=255'000'000, so an ergon weapon costs 1.5 mythics (at this moment) so no it doesnt cost 4 mythics ¬.¬

EDIT: to contribute to your question, I do agree that there isnt enough HP-Bayld in circulation. They should add the rate up a bit (just a tiny bit).
    (0)
    Last edited by Damane; 08-08-2014 at 03:54 AM.

Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The problem isn't right now. It costs so much right now because they are bought almost immediately so demand is pretty high since they're rather new. However, since there's no efficient way to solo these the problem is going to be in about a year when WKRs don't draw the crowds they used to.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerius View Post
    The problem isn't right now. It costs so much right now because they are bought almost immediately so demand is pretty high since they're rather new. However, since there's no efficient way to solo these the problem is going to be in about a year when WKRs don't draw the crowds they used to.
    You're on Bahamut, where are you getting the idea that the demand is so high? Just takes 1 or 2 people to be making a weapon for there to be a demand. Demand certainly isn't very high though, prices have dropped down to less than 20k, though due to supply being short, 30k~ish ones are still bought. Saw someone shouting off almost 300 at 19k and someone shouting off over a thousand of them at 22k earlier today (though this one mighta been HMPs, I honestly forget).

I do agree though that without some radical changes at some point, these will be incredibly difficult to make.
    (0)
    Last edited by Malithar; 08-08-2014 at 06:58 AM.
    7/10/14

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    You're on Bahamut, where are you getting the idea that the demand is so high? Just takes 1 or 2 people to be making a weapon for there to be a demand. Demand certainly isn't very high though, prices have dropped down to less than 20k, though due to supply being short, 30k~ish ones are still bought. Saw someone shouting off almost 300 at 19k and someone shouting off over a thousand of them at 22k earlier today (though this one mighta been HMPs, I honestly forget).

I do agree though that without some radical changes at some point, these will be incredibly difficult to make.
    yeah but it only needs a slight increase, if they increase it too much it would get way too easy to finish those weapons. And those arent weak mythics by any means, they are pritty strong. i think what they should do is have an option to turn all RoE WKR KIs in for a guaranteed Linen and raise the pouch drop rate on WKR slightly. Even this might be maybe too much of an increase on a currency only 2 (not so popular) jobs use.
    (0)

Since Ergon Weapons have been set as extremely strong weapons, the development team does not have any plans to ease up on the process for obtaining them. With that said, there are no plans at this time to make high purity bayld more readily available.
    (2)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Timbit
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Ok that's that then I guess. See you in about 3 years when my Stage 3 requirement is done then I guess.

Meanwhile I'll enjoy seeing everyone else wrapping up their Mythics (many of which are significantly more "powerful" than RUN/GEO) getting completed in about 2 months time because Alex is in pretty much everyone's bazaars for rock bottom prices (dipped to around 6-7k on my server vs. 30-40k per HP Bayld)

Considering these two jobs are barely ever asked to join in endgame activities, giving them the absolutely hardest weapon quests in the game, seems kind of insulting to me.

I think SE needs clarify what they mean, when they use the term "balance."
    (7)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Since Ergon Weapons have been set as extremely strong weapons, the development team does not have any plans to ease up on the process for obtaining them. With that said, there are no plans at this time to make high purity bayld more readily available.

This doesn't make sense though, Koga and Yagrush is just as powerful/job changing as ergon weapons, and it's 1/3 of price to build. Someone on BG just posted 15 mythics in his inv, gonna collect them all!
    (3)

Character
    Vasche
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I know several players that are buying up any decently priced HP-Bayld on the off chance that it becomes used for any weapons for the other jobs in the future. There are others who buy any that they see for under 30-40k and mark them up so that people making these new weapons have to pay much more for it. Both of these factors directly affect the prices of HP-Bayld and have set the bar much higher than what was likely intended.
    (2)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinytimtaru View Post
    Ok that's that then I guess. See you in about 3 years when my Stage 3 requirement is done then I guess.

Meanwhile I'll enjoy seeing everyone else wrapping up their Mythics (many of which are significantly more "powerful" than RUN/GEO) getting completed in about 2 months time because Alex is in pretty much everyone's bazaars for rock bottom prices (dipped to around 6-7k on my server vs. 30-40k per HP Bayld)

Considering these two jobs are barely ever asked to join in endgame activities, giving them the absolutely hardest weapon quests in the game, seems kind of insulting to me.

I think SE needs clarify what they mean, when they use the term "balance."

I think you are underestimating how powerful run/geo mythics are.... probably because you are trying to compare performances on those jobs with them instead of the weapons themselves. And well both jobs are kinda flawed compared to their counter parts

RUN mythic is probably the better DD weapon out there, gswds have the most dmg ws out there right now and even it's ergon ws is really strong AND the best defensive weapon in the game by miles... it's just on a job that doesn't have DD traits or job abilities and spends a lot of it's time using jas and spells instead of meleeing. I'd be drks best weapon if they could equip it.

Idris is the best magic dmg club in the game right now by a lot. It also increases geo spells a lot (seriously right now you can get -83% att with it allow you to with some bio set mob attack to 1 no matter how high it is and they are going already planning on increasing it's effect on geo spells) and neatly solves the problem of luopon survivability.... it's just luopon survivability shouldn't have been such a big issue in the first place, staffs will do better dmg unless you dual wield clubs because well you can dual wield clubs, and geo without Idris is more suited for alliance content because of how it's buffs/debuffs are. But really what mythic would you compare it to? Wouldn't make sense to compare it to a DD and cors doesn't help buffing and brd only enhances duration. Kinda making this by far the best mythic for buff/debuff heavy job. It's just brd gets things like empyrean 4 song harp (though that's pretty hard to make now) and ghorn... and it can prebuff.

I admit the prices are kinda annoying but you can't straight up compare cost of each one. Doing that makes it seem like ergon are 5 times more expensive but with how much you actually have to get with your server prices the mythic would come out to 180-210 mil and the ergon 392-523 so about double... though that's going to change a bit by server like over here last I checked alex was still 7-8k and HP was more like 20-30k heck like Mal said sometimes even less than 20k each which makes them fairly comparable in price and when you consider the time saved not having to farm tokens, assaults, and ichor possibly cheaper really. Heck right now I'm just using my mules to run couriers assignments real quick... which levels them up in the process as well as makes pretty fast cruor and can be done with any level no gear no skill etc. Eventually I could probably lvl and merit them up good enough to do salvage with balyd gear for even more farming lol

The hard part is convincing people to part with the millions of baldy they have saved up from doing assignments that they aren't using and then teaching them how rpgs work so they can convert them because apparently no one seems to understand that sometimes in rpgs you have to click all options on npcs to unlock other options
    (6)
    Last edited by dasva; 08-09-2014 at 04:59 AM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast