Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    This doesn't make sense though, Koga and Yagrush is just as powerful/job changing as ergon weapons, and it's 1/3 of price to build. Someone on BG just posted 15 mythics in his inv, gonna collect them all!
    He was probably a blinkionare lol. Probably has more to do with having capped gil and boredom and how long mythics have been out than actual ease/cost to make ergons
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    This doesn't make sense though, Koga and Yagrush is just as powerful/job changing as ergon weapons, and it's 1/3 of price to build. Someone on BG just posted 15 mythics in his inv, gonna collect them all!
    Well, Ergon weapons once finished are 119... So lets compare them to 119 Mythics.

First you have 30,000 Alex, at 8k a pop, is roughly 240,000,000 Gil. Then, you need 5 Mulciber's Scoria, which if you can even find, are going to price you around 6-15 mil based on your server... lets middle ground that to about 10mil, meaning an additional 50 mil. So a Mythic is going to cost you 290,000,000 gil, this isn't including time invested in redoing the Assaults and such, since Ergons have some time invested too.

Ergon weapons require... 100 + 500 + 2500 + 9999 for all stages, totalling 13,099 HPB... which are 10-50k realistically, but I'll average 30k for the calculation here. 392,970,000... Next, the items that you need for each stage, I'm removing the Stones from the equation as pricing them is hard to do, and for at least Ghastly/Verd, you can get a lot of them through Sparks (Trading Kupons for Onyx Fragments)

Rockfin Tooth, Gabbrath Meat - 1,150,000
    Waktza Crest, Yggdreant Bole, Cehuetzi Pelt - 2.5mil give or take.
    a Pristine Yggrete Crystal - 2.5mil Plasm, which is about 8 Yggdreant boles worth, which is about 8mil itself, but this is more opportunity cost so i wont add it to the equation.

At the end of the day, a Ergon Weapon will cost you in the range of... 396,000,000. Give or take about 100 Million more than a Mythic to 119. So in conclusion, this is the breakdown of price cost, plus or minus a few things, and I have no doubt Ergon would break 400 Mil if i include price of the Stones and gil lost trading in 2.5mil plasm.

Mythic: 290,000,000
    Ergon: 396,000,000
    (2)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 08-09-2014 at 05:21 AM.

Player
    Alexandrites were 20-25k each for months after Mythics came out and stabilized at around 12-16k for years only dropping to 8-10k recently with Salvage v2 and being able to enter solo. HP Bayld will drop in price when the novelty wears off. One problem is people don't do reives anymore because there's no more incentive(last was job capes) people just use Home Points and Waypoints to get where they need.

Perhaps by adding additional unique equipment to Reives, people will do them again. Job specific earrings? Rings? Necks? Adding these incrementally every few months will make people spam Reives and thus more HP Bayld will come to the market. At least people did Salvage for equipment if they didn't need Alexandrite, there's little incentive to do Reives for HP Bayld to sell if you aren't making an Ergon Weapon because Bayld is very cheap and there's relatively few things to purchase with them(most of the Traditional Armor and Traditional Weapons are very obsolete to most players who have delve and skirmish equipment, leaving most players with millions of bayld and nothing to spend it on except HP Bayld, which isn't a very good return for them either.
    (2)

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    At least there is a way to turn Bayld into HQ Bayld.

Alas, my voidstones and tears don't turn into HMPs and Cinders nearly often enough...
    (1)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Character
    Timbit
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I would definitely consider a WHM Yagrush or SAM Koga more game changing than a RUN's in terms of party dynamics and endgame application. But I guess this does have alot to do with endgame job desirability. RUNs and or GEO do not see endgame opportunity while PLD and BRD continue to dominate over those cookie-cutter job slots.

So really, making Ergon weapons so much harder to get than other job Mythics, given that those jobs already outperform RUN/GEO without Mythics, was either a major blunder on SEs part or shear job discrimination. Either way it shows a complete lack of awareness about the current state of this game.

This is not the year 2008, the server economies are in shambles since the fishing nerf, unless you were a fish botter that had amassed capped gil, people just don't have that kind of currency anymore to make these weapons. Everyone here is undercutting each other on Alex and Delve boss items just to scrap by.

This was not the time to introduce two weapons that would cost 400mil to produce, for two jobs that no one wants to chance bringing to endgame events. The correct approach would have been to make these much easier to get, so GEO/RUN could get up to par and only then maybe, just maybe, people's mindsets might start to shift to not always shouting for PLD and BRDs and being open to trying the new jobs for those traditional roles.
    (1)

Shame is, GEO is really game-breaking with Idris/Bell... Can provide quite insane buffs/debuffs.
    (4)

Character
    Timbit
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Well I think the shame is that even if they had made Idris let you have 2 luopons out or RUNs Epeolatry have 4 runes, you know what, I'd still be seeing the same shouts, day in, day out <<PLD, 3-song+ BRD, WHM, RNG, MNK>> (do you have it?)
    (2)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I didn't realize people actually used HP Bayld. I've been throwing mine away.

Can't you buy it with regular Bayld?
    (0)

If you've been throwing it away, you've essentially been throwing away 30k per HP Bayld.

Wonder how much gil you've tossed
    (2)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    At least there is a way to turn Bayld into HQ Bayld.

Alas, my voidstones and tears don't turn into HMPs and Cinders nearly often enough...
    If SE let me finish my Empys using HP bayld, I would hold a street party and buy expensive drinks and luxury BBQ for everyone.

I got like 4000 HP bayld without trying *at all* just half asleep in Lair Rieves/Colo rieves/WKR , trading in useless bayld from easy coalition assignments. All on solo, unlike my empys which require thousands of alliance runs, and yield 99% trees/fish/meds with capped proc lights and capped KI's.
    (0)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast