Character
    Einalem
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

Notes on Vallation/Valiance/Pflug Rotation Macroing

I'm up to level 73 RUN. As a player who doesn't use plugins, my macro space is precious to me. I seek to increase my Quality of Life on my rotational abilities via basic Macros and have come across some things with Vallation/Valiance, and by extension Pflug, that could probably use some tweaking.
    EDIT: I finally hit 75 and started getting Merits. I didn't realize Battuta was Rune based. Now I've swapped in Battuta for Pflug in the Combination Macro.

The Vallation effect can be active Full-time on a RUN because of the Duration to recast timers on Vallation and Valiance are able to be synced. However, Square-Enix is not doing us a favor by having Vallation overwrite Valiance. Rather, it should be the other way around.

To illustrate this, here is my current Combination Macro:

/recast Vallation
    /recast Valiance
    /ja Valiance <me> <wait 1>
    /ja Vallation <me>

Here, Valiance takes the first slot in usage because getting a AoE to the party faster is better.

Here's a breakdown of 10 minutes with these effects, which is the point where the recast times re-sync. I = Active, O = Inactive and recast isn't back up, X = a blackout point, N = Not using the ability even though recast is available.

Vallation Valiance
    I...........I
    I...........I
    O..........X <--- Blacked out because of Vallation
    I...........O
    I...........O
    O..........I
    N..........I
    N..........I
    I...........O
    I...........O

There are two advantages of doing a macro like this.
    1) One Macro can keep the effect up almost Full-time.
    2) It burns two Hate generating abilities at the beginning of a fight for quicker tanking.

The disadvantage is that the current blackout point provides a minute of downtime for the Vallation effect.

If we could get an adjustment so that Valiance takes priority over Vallation, we could edit the macro to this:

/recast Vallation
    /recast Valiance
    /ja Vallation <me> <wait 1>
    /ja Valiance <me>

This re-prioritizes the order the abilities are used.
    This also puts the abilities in order of Progression, with the level 10 ability being used before the level 50 ability.
    This would allow for a single Macro that doesn't have to be edited if level-syncing below 50.

Thinking on this also brought my focus to Pflug... an ability I keep forgetting I have.
    Currently, Pflug is the only other Rune dependent Tank ability I have at level 73, and I haven't heard good things about Liement.
    EDIT: Didn't realize Battuta was Rune dependent. Added notes on using Battuta in the rotation macro instead of Pflug at the end.

It's currently at a 2 minute Duration with a 3 minute recast timer.
    I could theoretically add this to my original macro above:

/recast Vallation
    /recast Valiance
    /recast Pflug
    /ja Pflug <me>

The problem with this however, is those Neutral sections in my rotation. If it had a recast timer equal to the longer duration of the two abilities (Valiance), this wouldn't be an issue. Illustrated by the same chart above, but on a 15 minute cycle. Pflug(1) is current recast timer not in the same macro. Pflug(2) is Current recast timer added into the Macro. Pflug(3) is what would happen if Pflug had Valiance's recast timer.

Vallation Valiance Pflug(1) Pflug(2) Pflug(3)
    I...........I...........I...........I..........I
    I...........I...........I...........I..........I
    O..........X..........O..........O.........I
    I...........O..........I...........I..........O
    O..........I...........O..........O.........I
    N..........I...........I...........N..........I
    I...........O..........O..........I..........O
    O..........I...........I...........O.........I
    N..........I...........O..........N..........I
    I...........O..........O..........I..........O

Under the current recast timers, Pflug can be up 10/15 Minutes.
    However, it requires it's own Macro because adding it to the rotational Macro reduces the up-time to 8/15 minutes.
    Changing Pflug's recast timer to match Valiance puts the recasts for all three abilities in sync and allows this to be one Macro with an up-time of 9/15 Minutes.
    I also wouldn't mind if Pflug at Valiance's recast timer were AoE instead of self only, as RUN has innate resistance to all Status Ailments. Providing this effect to the party would probably be more desirable to groups.

EDIT: or you can just put Battuta in 75+, since it is also Rune Based and is on a 5 Minute recast timer. This will also let it coincide with 2 other Enmity gaining moves, while putting you in a Tanking stance.

/recast Vallation
    /recast Valiance
    /recast Battuta
    /ja Battuta <me> <wait 1>
    (0)
    Last edited by Einalem; 08-08-2014 at 09:00 PM.