Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Archi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Widened Compass should be our 5/10 min ability

Please please, we need that our geomancy spell have that large buff especially fight large enemy, others have difficult to get the geo buff its small area since we only have 1 buff from loupan

Edit: even fight big ape the geo haste already got problem, cannot cover the dps
    (4)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    i agree on this one, the geo-buff-bubbles are too small for mobs that are large. its sometimes not even possible to hit all people in the frontline with it. i would suggest expanding the range of geo-buffs form 6.5 to 13 in general and expand widened compass range to 26!
    (1)

Character
    Halldir
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99

Luzaf Ring type ring

Make a ring that has the same properties for geomancer. Problem already existed for cor. Simple solution and and you can macro it in if needed. If SE is worried about balance, impose a duration/potency penalty.

Solution
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    While a piece of gear or just straight changes to their size would be preferred, I don't think I'd mind a job point category of +0.1 yalm per upgrade.

Agree about the SP2 being fairly worthless though. It'd be great as a 5-10 minute ability, but as an SP it's just never up when you'd really need it to be up. Only thing I find any real use for it is AA TT during DM runs.
    (0)
    7/10/14

Character
    Archi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I don't think SE should worry about balance of this. Geo suppose to be a support job as similar with bard or cor. And our buff also effect on party and since it will be limited range when fighting big monster, they should be to consider to make a larger area for that. I also don't mind they going to give us gear for that or just change the effect

Its really kinda small, really se.. Have you really seen fighting medium size mob like big ape in skirmish. I am so poor with the dps, that they trying to squeeze on each other to get the buff from geo. I dont know how small the geo buff when fighting large mob like dragons

Please se to listen our plea, we didnt ask much but need to be consider about this
    (0)

Since Widened Compass was added as a special ability, it’s difficult to reduce the recast time. Additionally, we do not have any plans to make adjustments to the range of geomancy spells, and we’d like players to use their spells accordingly as they watch monster and player movement.
    (0)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Player
    bigger mobs present a challenge, though, is there no way to factor in mob size into the range of Geo-spells?
    (7)

Character
    Archi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Since Widened Compass was added as a special ability, it’s difficult to reduce the recast time. Additionally, we do not have any plans to make adjustments to the range of geomancy spells, and we’d like players to use their spells accordingly as they watch monster and player movement.
    Thanks for your reply, but i am hoping since GEO is new job.. that they will be again being reviewed and got tune by DEV to be consider this issue.. this also happen with COR's buff before they release Luzaf's Ring to solve this matter.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Another minor change they could do to help this issue (but not fully remedy it) is to remove the distinction on aggressive and buffing Geo- spells. Currently, you can only cast buffing loupans on party members or yourself, and debuffing loupans on enemies. This causes situations on larger enemies, as the party members need to gather around a single party member in order to get the buff. You could run in yourself and position yourself where you wanted the loupan to be, but that may be undesirable on a number of fights.

If they changed the targeting system to one like Cure spells, which are able to be cast on friends or foes, you could better position your loupan to hit party members all around the enemy. The same works for debuffing loupans, if there are 2+ mobs spread out that you want the debuff to hit, by targeting a player in-between two mobs, you could achieve this, rather than have to rely on your party to reposition the mobs to take advantage of the loupan. Geo- spells as a whole should have no targeting limitations IMO, since positioning is so key to them. Allowing us to place them anywhere by targeting any targetable character would help greatly with their positioning.
    (1)
    7/10/14

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Why not just say you don't want to lower the recast? You designed the ability, it`s well within your expertise to adjust it, you just don't want to.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast