Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    Theophany +1, Gendewitha +1, are nearly identical for curepotency
    Please explain to me how 10% Cure Potency and 18% Cure Potency are nearly identical.

and Theophany is better when curepotency is capped elsewhere, due to the higher mind, cure cast time will be capped with some combination, and is part of your precast set, though Hekas is still one of the better peices for doing so. A Whm should be curing in Empy+2 body, generally speaking, as long as they can cap their curepotency without their body piece.
    Gendewitha allows you to pack on more cure potency so it frees you up to move around other slots so that you can have more healing skill, MND and -enmity. And no, Theophany isn't in my precast set because Piety Cap +1 is better. Theophany +1 is a nice piece for people who can't or don't want to manage multiple sets. It's outshined by other pieces for each of it's other 3 main stats: cure potency, casting time and enmity.

With what? Spurrina Coif is the only thing that offers more refresh with a 119 Body over Heka's combo, it's also not iLevel and costs about 50Mil on my server, most would rather put that money towards a REM, if they can manage 50M at all.

You could idle in a Wivre Hairpin and a 119Body, the same refresh, and a little more defense, at best, and annoying to farm for anyone who doesn't have it, though, so is Heka's.

Heka's combo is still the most frequent endgame idle option I see for Whms who have plenty of 119 gear that they swap into for other spells.
    If you want to stand around in 2 pieces of non ilevel gear for the same or 1 more mp/tick, then I guess you found your use. I see most WHM's idling in G. Bilaut because it offers more than just "a little more defense" and you're swimming in MP so that 1 extra tick means very little. And as you pointed out, there is still an ilevel option with Spurrina Coif if you really need more mp, but I too think that's not worth the money, and you have Wivre Hairpin.
    (0)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    WHM can't wear Spurrina Coif, so that's not even an option.
    (0)

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    My biggest gripe is not that there are no good iLevel curing or curecast peices, there are certainly some, Though they're often not the best in slot, (aby legs and aby body though, are going to be reforged soon! they will likely be AMAZING cure peices)
    What? Piety Cap +1, Gendewitha Caubeen +1, G. Bilaut +1 (for curagas), Piety Duckbills +1, Theo Mitts +1 and G. Gages +1 are all best in slot or really awesome alternatives that allow you to customize elsewhere. Empyrean body and legs are really the only non-ilevel pieces that we have to use.

I do agree that we could use more ilevel Refresh options though.
    (0)

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    WHM can't wear Spurrina Coif, so that's not even an option.

Ah, you're absolutely right. Getting my SCH and WHM gear mixed up in my head.
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Theophany +1, Gendewitha +1, are nearly identical for curepotency, and Theophany is better when curepotency is capped elsewhere, due to the higher mind, cure cast time will be capped with some combination, and is part of your precast set, though Hekas is still one of the better peices for doing so. A Whm should be curing in Empy+2 body, generally speaking, as long as they can cap their curepotency without their body piece.

With what? Spurrina Coif is the only thing that offers more refresh with a 119 Body over Heka's combo, it's also not iLevel and costs about 50Mil on my server, most would rather put that money towards a REM, if they can manage 50M at all.

You could idle in a Wivre Hairpin and a 119Body, the same refresh, and a little more defense, at best, and annoying to farm for anyone who doesn't have it, though, so is Heka's.

Heka's combo is still the most frequent endgame idle option I see for Whms who have plenty of 119 gear that they swap into for other spells.
    i' would use hairpin + 119 body, its not a little more defense, its magic defense+ and a clusterfuck of other stats tied up to it. and in the best case also offers -4PDT and -4MDT. handsdown the best combination for idle refresh ¬.¬ for whms (rdm blm geo blu sch have spurrina +2 and smn has anyone ilvl 119 AF(or was it relic)).

as for hekas, only usefull for precast, every whm knows that when useing solace empy body +2 wins hands down.

at OP:
    some skirmish peices offer valid augments, in combination with their stats, the head gets the most cure pot with a cure potency augment, the hands can be augmented with cure casting time on top of the fastcast they offer, list goes on.
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaraixx View Post
    What? Piety Cap +1, Gendewitha Caubeen +1, G. Bilaut +1 (for curagas), Piety Duckbills +1, Theo Mitts +1 and G. Gages +1 are all best in slot or really awesome alternatives that allow you to customize elsewhere. Empyrean body and legs are really the only non-ilevel pieces that we have to use.

I do agree that we could use more ilevel Refresh options though.
    that goes for every mage sadly, geo and smn to a lesser extend, since their AF offer refresh on other slots then body (Geo hands and SMN head). Would love to see some ilvl 119 legs (that dont look ugly as fuck, dumb nares), hands legs and head refresh pieces for the mage jobs ¬.¬
    (0)

Player
    Couple quick answers:

I DO use Wivre Hairpin + 119 Body, because as you said, it's more defensive, it's still annoying.

Gende hat and Theo+1 are nearly identical because nobody I know really augments it with curepot, most people focus on getting the most PDT/MDT they can, you could, and shift some things around, but it would be a rather minor benefit for a cost of space, doable though, I don't know anyone who does. Theo+1 also does have more mind, not that that's a big deal either, admittedly, my main point is, neither really allows you a lot of leeway that the other doesn't, neither are spectacular.

For Precast, how you hit you -80% doesn't really matter, as long as you do, most people try to in as few pieces as possible, because space.

And I also said "My biggest gripe is NOT that we don't have enough curing options", you must've skipped over the whole "Not" part, because that's not a gripe of mine, though I am mildly annoyed at still having to cure in Aby+2 pants and body, though that will change soon with the reforge... I never said that was a gripe of mine, it isn't, my gripe was always about the lack of iLevel idle refresh options.

Spurrina is not an iLevel piece, anyway, though I actually thought WHM could wear it, moot, then.
    (1)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Couple quick answers:

I DO use Wivre Hairpin + 119 Body, because as you said, it's more defensive, it's still annoying.

Gende hat and Theo+1 are nearly identical because nobody I know really augments it with curepot, most people focus on getting the most PDT/MDT they can, you could, and shift some things around, but it would be a rather minor benefit for a cost of space, doable though, I don't know anyone who does. Theo+1 also does have more mind, not that that's a big deal either, admittedly, my main point is, neither really allows you a lot of leeway that the other doesn't, neither are spectacular.

For Precast, how you hit you -80% doesn't really matter, as long as you do, most people try to in as few pieces as possible, because space.

And I also said "My biggest gripe is NOT that we don't have enough curing options", you must've skipped over the whole "Not" part, because that's not a gripe of mine, though I am mildly annoyed at still having to cure in Aby+2 pants and body, though that will change soon with the reforge... I never said that was a gripe of mine, it isn't, my gripe was always about the lack of iLevel idle refresh options.

Spurrina is not an iLevel piece, anyway, though I actually thought WHM could wear it, moot, then.
    actually its just as importent to use as little slots for cure potency+, then fill in the other slots with -enmity (to cap -50enmity) and then focus on fastcast/recast stuff to lower your cure recasts to an extrem low. This becomes more important when you are in battles with constant slow aura or slowga spam (ouryu).
    (0)
    Last edited by Damane; 08-03-2014 at 06:40 PM.

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    that goes for every mage sadly, geo and smn to a lesser extend, since their AF offer refresh on other slots then body (Geo hands and SMN head). Would love to see some ilvl 119 legs (that dont look ugly as fuck, dumb nares), hands legs and head refresh pieces for the mage jobs ¬.¬
    You are absolutely correct. Given how fast melee jobs can accumulate TP for weaponskills these days, it really would not be broken at all for all mages to have ilevel Refresh options on their main slots.
    (1)

Character
    Ssmitty
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    The reason why people use Heka's is that with it you can free up other slots. With it you can cap +potency -Cast time and -enmity at the same time, it makes you not have to waste for instance your hands slot on potency which then allows you to use theophany+1 for some minus enmity and plus healing magic (just one example there are other things you can do).

You should not idle in Heka though. You already have to sacrifice the safety of ilvl on hands/legs/feet/ for refresh (serpente and nares) with heka you then complete that with all 5 slots not ilvl for the head+body refresh combo. Better to go get a refresh hairpin and idle in Theophany+1 giving you a total of 5 Refresh and 1 item is ilvl at least as opposed to none. Idle refresh is seriously extremely important you should also get a Bolelabunga, Fucho-no-Obi, and Moonshade earring. This will give you 7 constant refresh and 1 more when low mp.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast