Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by SMD111 View Post
    Demonjustin you might be correct but after 34 hits it does add to another hit

so when you have hit 34 times you do the damage of 35 hits which over all is(mathematically) in the realm of insignificance
    Well... yeah, that was my point. Edyth was saying 3% DMG over the course of a minute was equal to doing nearly triple the damage you'd do without that +3%. The math simply doesn't work that way. It would if you were adding an additional 3% DMG every additional hit, 3% the first time, 6 the second, but if you're saying a Mythic weapon increases your DMG by 3% then the math would be more along the lines of what I showed. That is of course, unless I'm missing something.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Edyth View Post
    You were the one who claimed that mythic weapons lead to a 3% DPS increase, Afania. If you deal 3% more damage per second for 2 seconds, you've dealt 6% more damage than you would have without a mythic according to you. After 60 seconds, you will have dealt 180% more damage than you would have with a mythic according to you, Afania. Add that to the base damage (100%) and you are ALMOST dealing triple your damage with a mythic, according to you, Afania. That was your claim, not mine.
    DPS: Damage per second.

Assume you do 100 DPS, then with a mythic, you do (by his numbers) 103 DPS, a 3% increase. 2 seconds and you do 206, 5 seconds and you do 515. If you weren't on the forums for 3 years with over 400 posts, I'd assume this was a terrible troll, rather than just a poor understanding of basic math.

For what it's worth, some weapons see as high as a 20% increase under optimal conditions. A catch all 3% increase doesn't do RMEs justice. Outside of extravagant solos/lowmans though, it's DPS that's not needed to complete the content, but this is an MMO. Who'd honestly not pursue something like that if they were passionate about the job?
    (0)
    7/10/14

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You all handed me my ass in the math department, but my poetry still stands. I think the time investment in job points is too great to warrant the meager rewards. It's not quite as bad during the double JBP campaigns, but without a campaign and a Vocation Ring active, I just don't think they're worth it for most jobs.
    (1)

You must not have been around when meriting was a thing. I don't thing the JP system is bad, it just needs to be added to more content like hard mode fights and Delve, with large quantities.
    (4)

Player
    It's not a bad concept, but JP need to come in larger amounts and more places, I definitely think. Also so many of the JPs are total duds, there are only a few gems, a few marginal, and a ton of just worthless crap.

To paraphrase, never have so many FFXIers, paid so much, for so little.
    (5)

Player
    I don't really like the idea of holding JPs to MPs old rates because MPs were from a much different time. The game has changed, the type of content people do has changed, and in general the points have changed. Merit points were very different from Job Points, the way they scaled as you spent them, the fact they could be spent on all jobs, the potency of what they gave you, Job Points really don't seem like they should be taking as long as they currently do.

Today I finished my first category, I have 8 extra points for when the update comes for me to dump into Composure. For now, it's at least a bit bearable for me, but when I say now I mean during the double CP campaign. During normal times I think it's too slow, and once we get to the point where we can get up to 30 points in each category it's going to be even worse. In my opinion, the rate should be at least doubled from it's current norm, that or the scaling should be cut back in a similar way to merit points, going up 1 point every level is really the largest killer in the end.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Edyth View Post
    You all handed me my ass in the math department, but my poetry still stands. I think the time investment in job points is too great to warrant the meager rewards. It's not quite as bad during the double JBP campaigns, but without a campaign and a Vocation Ring active, I just don't think they're worth it for most jobs.
    Even without double CP campaign and vocation ring, it's still just fine.

According to the producer of PSO2, their research shows avg MMORPG player spend 2~3hr a day playing MMORPG. Since FFXI is a MMORPG with a sub fee(so it's a waste of money to play more than 1 MMO) and there's no cool down time between events, technically avg player should spend 60hr~90hr a month playing this game.

I just told you without any CP bonus ring I farm 3 JP in 45 min with THF COR leech PUP and mule BRD, which is less than 14hr to cap a category with a very sub optimal pt.

Without double CP it'd be 28hr to cap 1 category. Since avg MMORPG player play for 60~90hr a month, they'd cap 2~3 category after 1 month.

If you go with most optimal pt like SAM SAM SAM COR BRD RDM, I'm pretty sure you can cap all 4 category after 1 month of playing.

I'm not sure if 1~1.5 months of playing to cap all category is even that much of a big deal in the realm of MMO. MMO is suppose to keep players playing longer than 3 months. Especially for a game like FFXI with a sub fee and no cool down time. 100hr of gameplay is just...avg, or even below avg. Anything lower than 100hr of gameplay will kill MMORPG faster than it should be. Mind you, when PSO2 just launched, the game was expected to take 3 months just to reach cap(that's what the producer said), which is 300+hr of grind.

Also, I'm pretty sure those who spend time to grind a mythic still spend 100+hr on it. If they can spend 100+hr on a mythic, what's wrong with 100hr of CP pt? If you think 100hr of grind is too much in a MMO, you may as well don't play MMO, since this is avg amount of grind required in pretty much any MMO on the market to stay alive....except pay to win MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    For what it's worth, some weapons see as high as a 20% increase under optimal conditions. A catch all 3% increase doesn't do RMEs justice. Outside of extravagant solos/lowmans though, it's DPS that's not needed to complete the content, but this is an MMO. Who'd honestly not pursue something like that if they were passionate about the job?
    Of course you can build what you like. I simply don't understand, ppl been spending hundreds and hundreds of hr building things like Clausrum, Gastraphetes, Murgleis and they shit on the reward:effort ratio of JP all over. In fact we have someone in this thread spent time on excalibur/almace and Murgleis complaining JP grind "too slow".

Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    I don't really like the idea of holding JPs to MPs old rates because MPs were from a much different time. The game has changed, the type of content people do has changed, and in general the points have changed.
    This game is still a MMO, this remained unchanged. If this game is now a single player game, maybe your argument would be more legit.

Now that the most of the progress can be made in a much faster rate if you don't build REM or already finished the REM you want, I'd still defend for JP.....it is required to prolong the game. Saying "the game is different now" is pointless. This game is still MMO, as long as it's MMO, it shouldn't allow players to cap everything in less than 100hr of gameplay.

Mind you, I mostly only play on weekend and I spend less time than avg MMORPG player in FFXI(since I dual sub TESO and FFXI so I play both), and I haven't finish any category yet. I'm not really defending for JP because I'm hardcore or anything. I'm defending for it because this game simply needs more long term goal.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 08-04-2014 at 09:56 PM.

Player
    Perhaps that's part of my problem I suppose, the fact I'm doing a bunch of stupid old out of date content to make my Mythic is preventing me from being able to really go out there and get Job Points. Unless they change the way Job Points work though that's not about to change any time soon, so it's an issue. Besides that the fact it's a MMO doesn't really give much cause for why exactly it should take so long for something so minor. You bring up the fact I'm making my Murgleis but at least that weapon holds multiple purposes, it's the best DMG and Enfeebling weapon, it even boosts convert.

Job Points take much less time but the amount they bring to the table in benefits are really not that large either, for RDM specifically you have 20 Magic Damage during Chainspell, 10 extra seconds on your Stymied Enfeeble, 10 Magic Acc/Atk, 10% HP Saved on Convert, and 10 extra Accuracy with Composure. That's hardly anything when you think about the fact that even at 5 JPs a hour, which to me sounds like a fairly high rate even with rings and double CP, you'd need to spend 66 hours to cap all 6 categories, that's 2.75 days.

The fact I'm making a Mythic also really doesn't discredit what I said because I have in the past multiple times said I think Mythics take far too long and that it's requirements should be cut down. You've opposed me every single time yourself even, so I'm sure you know this already. Murgleis is about the only thing I've left for RDM I really even care to get since the other things are mostly minor and would take a lot more pain to obtain, such as better augments on my Hagondes for instance. Spending my time on Murgleis has less to do with me being willing to spend high amounts of time on one thing but not another, and more to do with the fact it's one of the last things I have to do in a game where I'm constantly struggling as it is to find entertainment these days.

Job Points aren't fun, they're also not hard nor are they as rewarding for the time that need be spent on them. To me it seems SE has shown they mean for it to be a more casually earned type of point than something like merits even, I mean, just look at BLU's new category. +1% rate of learning BLU spells. Yeah, all the high end BLUs out there who care about BLU enough to farm JPs, that's what they're going to spend it on...

That category alone seems to scream "casually accumulating point system" because simply put the only people who need that category in the first place are people who don't even play or care about BLU. I myself have almost every BLU spell, I learnt everyone up to 95 before I stopped and even then I stopped only because it was before item level and my BLU wasn't geared enough to fight some of the higher end mobs I was coming up to. With that said, keep in mind the only times I ever played BLU at all after getting it to cap was to proc in Abyssea and VW, nothing else, and yet still I went out and got all of the spells. Maybe it's just me but I can't imagine a BLU having enough points to waste some on this category and yet not have all of their spells. I also can't see a player spending points on this category "just because" when future updates will other things that are likely to be much more worthwhile.

Now sure, it's just one category, but the point is that these things look like they're meant to be casual rewards. If they were like sparks, or even like merits, I'd be ok with that. I can get sparks when I do monstrosity, Salvage, Dynamis, I mean really anything in the game can give sparks even crafting. Merits, that's not as easy as crafting but it's still terribly easy. Anything I fight past level 60 gives me some credit toward merits, only 96+ for JPs though.

If they want a casually accumulating system, it needs some adjustments. Speed is one thing I see as a large issue especially when as we move forward and the slope continues to increase(or even if it just stays at 10) the rate will be horrible. Another issue is the amount of content which provides these points, everything in Adoulin does basically, but events like Dynamis or Salvage award us either none, or so few that a single point would take a week of runs(as is the case with Dyna...).
    (4)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    i thinkt hey should add a bonus to woh and doh gate mobs when fighting in party, the mobs are designed for a PT, but it should give more incentiv to pt and get down on those mobs, +20% for each party member would be a nice start, instead of a penalty. we do regularly some CP runs there when gather merits for hardmode fights.
    (1)

Player
    Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Woh Gates mobs give the same XP/CP as Dho Gates mobs. The difference between them should be quite large in my opinion, Dho I can cap Accuracy on with my RDM using nothing but a simple Accuracy set and pizza, Woh on the other hand is quite a bit out of range. I haven't done Woh except once but I remember the XP being the same when I soloed a couple mobs a month or two ago, unless that was changed at some point that could be quite the helpful change as well to make one more appealing than the other.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast