Character
    Svetlana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

SCH, Traits/MAB/Suggestions

Part I Note: "This Thread is about MAB/job positions in game Balance not wether GEO or RDM needed the boost at the time" some job specific suggestions as well. first post ever on FF11 Forum so people no trolling plz i know my grammar sucks >_> but stick to the point!

Directed at SE from a player who has been playing for 11 years now. I love SCH and ever since it came out it has been one of my favorite jobs to play with and I dont understand why SCH keeps boosting other jobs magical damage and leaving SCH out of MAB traits/boosts, back in the day when level cap was removed a lot of SCH complaint about RDM getting mab III and SCH was left with only II via sub since we don't even have a natural mab trait to begin with that kinda sucked, Soooo SE fix that by giving us Savants's Loafers +2 with 10% MAB while Klimaform was up which was real nice, but now a days i dont even know anyone that uses those still when there is so much more MAB from other 99+ Feet pieces out there; meaning if we don't wear Savants's Loafers+2 we are losing that 10% boost :/... so we are back to Square 1 by giving SCH tier V elemental spells i assume SE wanted SCH to play the role of second most powerful nuke type job out of RDM and SCH given we have Ebullience (our only source of power boost via ability) they even made some BLM/SCH only gear now useless ofcourse but i was like yeah they are finally making us stand out BLM should be the kind of magical power i get that but i don't think SCH tied? RDM/GEO unsure which packs more of punch atm between those 2 haven't leveled GEO yet. yet they keep on boosting RDM and Even GEO's magical damage/MAB traits Via JP but left SCH out of it yet AGAIN! BLM i don't have a problem with thats their bread and butter but RDM & GEO and not SCH just leaves me asking why???? pretty soon both RDM and GEO tier IV will be as powerful as SCH tier V i don't understand whats SE's reasoning behind this. GEO even gets some extra MAB from Cardinal Chant if position well enough +GEO/indi- Ocumen, to boost these are all MAB bonuses we cant get our selfs Ebullience can only do so much at the cost of mp/fast cast/limited strata.

RDM: Chainspell JP
    Increases damage by 2 per upgrade
    increases MAB by 1

GEO: increases MAB by 1

Even in 119 Relic BLM got +38 MAB while GEO got +23 on their Body & RDM got +15 on boots....SCH 0 left out again.

A while back on the job manifesto SE said:

"We wish for scholars to further their education in order to become absolute masters of their art, and the latter stages of their research will produce skills comparable to those of a white or black mage whose spells may take time to cast, but compensate with both the bliss and destruction they beget".

I've seen that in many threads and SE just keep ignoring people.
    no new spells were added Elemental/power wise just have loooooooooooong casting time for our current spells unless we we macro in some heavy Fast cast gear to keep up with BLM/RDM casting time wise since we don't even get

Elemental Celerity I (15%) according to wiki let alone V (-30%) according to BGwiki
    Even GEO gets tier I why not SCH?

RDM has natural Fast Cast we gotta macro in tons of gear or spam stratagems to keep up at the cost of mp or MAB

part II

Suggestion to Job itself
    1: Give us some better Job traits have you guys seen our job traits? without a sub.... clear mind and resist silence....we get Occult Ocumen wth? our dagger skill is way too low to even bother with that would've been nice to maybe RDM or a GEO since ive seen them RDM and GEO dding a lot more than i see SCH on the front lines in my opinion that should've been DRK only not just be like oh here lets give it to SCH just to give them something....

Libra: totally useless...this ability should've been something nice if it gave stats like monster's hp/mp pool, element strength and or weakness weapon damage strength/weakness besides only emnity since it came out i have used this like maybe 12 times...just because i wanted too bot because it was remotely useful.

Immanence: it would've been nice if you used it then cast a spell and create skill chain reaction depending on spells like idk Immanence + FIRE II = fusion or something like that rather than the mess waste of Stratagem/fail attempts on high tier spells that it is right now. i can just hear OVERPOWERED! lmao.

Modus Veritas: this one is well... miss miss miss miss, i would've just left the ability 100% acc on regular monsters and no effect on NMs since most can resist to begin with no one will cry because a SCH was able to take down a vt mob with this, it was only taken out because of nms exploit to which i gotta ask why is it not OK for SCH to stack this but its ok to give BLM meteor and allow them to stack it for huge amounts of dmg? ins't it the same thing? why not give SCH 100% acc back make it useful again like it was before and limit only 6 scholar's like blm even if you give us the 15min recast like elemental seal i think that would be worth it and sorta fair. can't cancel something original one job and give it to another and make it ok.

ty for your time reading this and plz at the very least read and respond SE!!!! I apologize for attitude but its just frustrating to see this happen over and over.
    (1)
    Last edited by V-1000; 08-02-2014 at 01:35 AM.

Player
    I hope that they move towards making scholar a job that can control enmity better. If you look at the abilities they have given them in the past it would seem to suggest this.

Red mage has still got a niche with the rangers, and frazzle.

Scholar might find a niche in being able to control enmity, whether that being a spell that can speed up the rate of Enmity decay, or transfer enmity ala the 2hr. Just an idea, at any rate.
    (0)

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    If I'm being honest, my first reaction to the new job points was "Every magical job has gotten damage bonuses except Scholar." I really wouldn't consider the Helix JP category much of a damage boost. I was tempted to make a post about this, but I figured SE is still concerned about SCH becoming too powerful. That is why it randomly gets left off of certain pieces of equipment.

GEO and RDM getting MAB really makes me feel that SCH should receive it as well. If these really do go up to 30 points in the future, that's three tiers worth of MAB we' be missing.

Yes, our stratagems are powerful and need to be taken into consideration. I have a feeling that our future JP categories are going to be tied to stratagems as well, so there is a limit to how much benefit we can receive. Balance is always a concern, but between job points, gear, traits, abilities and the fact tier I or IV nukes are pretty much all you need these days, I think the other nuking jobs can contend just fine.

I'm a bit on the fence on this point but we'll have to wait and see. We don't know what else is planned for the job. A straight MAB category not tied to strategy would be a really nice addition though.
    (1)

Character
    Svetlana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    yeah i mean even thou its not much GEO even gets Cardinal Chant IV with and extra +17 MAB if on the right pos +2 on AF boost to it, i know not many people will really run around positioning themselves around the mobs but its still there for them. thats a natural MAB trait.
    (0)

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Balloon View Post
    I hope that they move towards making scholar a job that can control enmity better. If you look at the abilities they have given them in the past it would seem to suggest this.

Red mage has still got a niche with the rangers, and frazzle.

Scholar might find a niche in being able to control enmity, whether that being a spell that can speed up the rate of Enmity decay, or transfer enmity ala the 2hr. Just an idea, at any rate.
    I completely agree with this. That is why I am on the fence about the lack of attention to SCH's magical damage lately. If they properly adjust SCH enmity spells and Libra, then I think we'll have a niche outside of stunning.

I just feel that in the most situations if you are going to be nuking (elemental magic has it's own set of problems anyway) you're going to be spamming low tier nukes, so SCH only real advantage is Ebullience. The lack of traits/job points will become noticeable.

I think there was a dev post about reworking tier V nukes, so I'll reserve judgment on the matter until then I guess.
    (2)

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Ugh, I can't edit my post!

And weather too of course! That is something RDM and BLM can also take advantage of via sub (minus thunder) without sacrificing much. GEO would lose out on native MAB but it does have cardinal chant and it's own buffs though.
    (1)

Character
    Svetlana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Yep and i don't see storms II or weather II anytime soon.
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaraixx View Post
    If I'm being honest, my first reaction to the new job points was "Every magical job has gotten damage bonuses except Scholar." I really wouldn't consider the Helix JP category much of a damage boost. I was tempted to make a post about this, but I figured SE is still concerned about SCH becoming too powerful. That is why it randomly gets left off of certain pieces of equipment.

GEO and RDM getting MAB really makes me feel that SCH should receive it as well. If these really do go up to 30 points in the future, that's three tiers worth of MAB we' be missing.

Yes, our stratagems are powerful and need to be taken into consideration. I have a feeling that our future JP categories are going to be tied to stratagems as well, so there is a limit to how much benefit we can receive. Balance is always a concern, but between job points, gear, traits, abilities and the fact tier I or IV nukes are pretty much all you need these days, I think the other nuking jobs can contend just fine.

I'm a bit on the fence on this point but we'll have to wait and see. We don't know what else is planned for the job. A straight MAB category not tied to strategy would be a really nice addition though.
    I am a sch player myself (mythic and dedicated), while i would like to have all the stuff other jobs get, i can see SEs point. SCH is a job that can achieve high amounts of M.acc via buffs/arts etc. in all aspects of related to magic, while other jobs like RDM or GEO or WHM need to sub /sch to achieve a higher degree of m.acc in particular aspects (RDM/SCH for nukeing is basicly a must, WHM/SCH for debuffs and other stuff, GEO can somewhat control that via their own m.acc buffs). This allows us SCH to be somewhat alot more flexible on our SJ choice and thus adjusting to the battle. GEO has no nativ MAB traits and cardinal chant is laughable at best, RDM has MAB traits but their nukeing power depends on their subjob, they have to sub /sch to even be able to land nukes reliable without resistance.
    The gap is closeing, so I am a bit worried in terms of SCHs nukeing power and lately also about their buffing power since the RDM update. Atm we are slightly ahead of GEO and RDM (mostly due to stratagems and our insane MP battery we have at disposal). While nukeing is also dependend on traits, gear has a far greater impact, i hope we just dont get left out of important gear.
    (0)

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    I am a sch player myself (mythic and dedicated), while i would like to have all the stuff other jobs get, i can see SEs point. SCH is a job that can achieve high amounts of M.acc via buffs/arts etc. in all aspects of related to magic, while other jobs like RDM or GEO or WHM need to sub /sch to achieve a higher degree of m.acc in particular aspects (RDM/SCH for nukeing is basicly a must, WHM/SCH for debuffs and other stuff, GEO can somewhat control that via their own m.acc buffs). This allows us SCH to be somewhat alot more flexible on our SJ choice and thus adjusting to the battle. GEO has no nativ MAB traits and cardinal chant is laughable at best, RDM has MAB traits but their nukeing power depends on their subjob, they have to sub /sch to even be able to land nukes reliable without resistance.
    The gap is closeing, so I am a bit worried in terms of SCHs nukeing power and lately also about their buffing power since the RDM update. Atm we are slightly ahead of GEO and RDM (mostly due to stratagems and our insane MP battery we have at disposal). While nukeing is also dependend on traits, gear has a far greater impact, i hope we just dont get left out of important gear.
    I disagree about SCH having more flexibility when it comes to SJ. Yes, we do have access to a lot of MACC, but we are extremely limited in SJ choice when it comes to what to do with it. We have almost no native enfeebles, so we'll have to sub RDM to debuff. We have no MAB traits so we'll be subbing BLM or RDM to nuke and in most cases RDM is the superior choice. We also don't have access to native Fast Cast or Elemental Celerity, so again SJ choice becomes important. And for all of the jobs you listed above, those SJ choices are their best choices anyway, so they aren't missing out on anything.

I understand that most of these issues are balanced out with strategems, which is why I said that I can see why the dev team is cautious. I just think we're at a point where other jobs have pretty much caught up and it might be time to re-evaluate. Our buffing power is pretty weak in comparison to what other jobs bring. A fix to the aldoquim and animus spells would help immensely on that front. Yes, we are capable healers but most content these days falls into two categories: either you have to have a WHM or any job that can heal will do. I think the recent RDM buff should help to make it a more attractive healer on some content. Stunning is our main selling point. I can see wanting to keep our nuking in check vis-a-vis BLM, but I think GEO and RDM are really right on our heals, even without tier V's.

I will wait for the supposed adjustments to Tier V nukes and Reforged Empyrean armor before I really complain, but I do think we've reached the point where giving SCH a MAB JP category or putting it on equipment like Sekhmet Corset would not effect balance at all.
    (1)

Character
    Svetlana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    :O OK what the fudge SE…..am i the only one who see's this stuff? BLM gets tier VI via 100 Jp gift, SCH gets storms II i am fine with that, but SCH has always been on par with BLM when it comes to elemental magic tiers i realize storm II would most likely make out Tier V far stronger then BLM's given we can also Ebullience our spells so i was ok with that, thats not my issue. my issue is what was your logic behind giving RDM tier V spells at 100 job gift?…….what the fudge SE, now RDM are on par with SCH's tier V elemental magic wise………….. this to me seems like a downgrade somehow, no new Elemental tier which seems kinda lame since we have always been on par with BLM but at least i understand the why on that 1, what i don't understand is why now instead of competing only with BLM for a nuke spot we also have to compete with a well geared RDM…. that is just BS. a well gear RDM with could possibly do same dmg as SCH unless we have storm II and ebullience the only thing keeping us apart was Ebu and the fact they never got the same higher tier that we did they always were behind by 1 with the storm update a while back they can also get storms spells /sch…… why ? it has always been BLM/SCH not BLM/SCH/RDM we even have nuke gear that is BLM/SCH only………………. this is very irritating not only we fell behind in a higher tier elemental magic, making use 2nd tier wise, but another job was able to tied our Tier V for second spot… might as well make them SCH and us RDM's since they even get MAB III natively we get 0. so now instead of BLM/SCH V --> RDM IV GEO IV we are now BLM VI-->SCH V/RDM V/GEO V :/
    (1)
    Last edited by V-1000; 03-14-2015 at 12:35 AM.