Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    seems more like certain jobs they just down right don't give a crap about, thats why they do nothing about it and only say its already over powered
    I think it's more along the lines of them being scared/worried about potential game balance shifts caused by any "major" adjustment, as long as it's not related to their current darlings, PUP/SMN.) :/

I'm also pretty sure that what I said earlier is accurate. There are definitely quite a few encounters where pets take EXTREME damage and I just don't see something like that being intentional.

So, how about DRG's wyverns get an innate "Damage taken II - 50%" traits? Might seem excessive at first glance, but in my experience, wyverns are at least as squishy as SMN avatars and don't have the extra HP pools that BST pets have, so this might actually be fair. Wyverns are far less micro-manageable than any other pets, so I don't think it would be a bad thing at all to increase their survivability. The value is of course up for adjustment if that is the only thing that would prevent implementation, however, I believe it should be 30% at minimum to allow it to be significant/noticeable even if you hit the DT1 cap. This suggestion bypasses the concerns stated by the ComRep, so please do pass it on to the dev team.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    The pet DT cap is 87.5%. So I doubt pet DT II will ever exist at all. Also, wyverns already have innate -40% DT.

I find the post DRG death/charm call wyvern downtime to be a far more common issue than the wyvern actually dying.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    The pet DT cap is 87.5%. So I doubt pet DT II will ever exist at all. Also, wyverns already have innate -40% DT.

I find the post DRG death/charm call wyvern downtime to be a far more common issue than the wyvern actually dying.
    Sorry, was thinking that DT caps work the same way for pets as players and that gear caps @ 50%, then traits like Stout Servant apply on top. Double checking proves that wrong, so no need for the "II" in that case. ^^;; In that case, I'd say bump the native DT to DT-60%+ for those of us who are not awesome enough to not worry about it. If your wyvern is not actually taking much damage, then perhaps use Dismiss to dodge whatever nastiness is heading your way? That should reset the CW timer at least.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I haven't suited up DRG in a long time, is there a way to remove doom on wyverns?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    I haven't suited up DRG in a long time, is there a way to remove doom on wyverns?
    spirit link for one, also certain potions work towards pets, however most are temp items.
    (0)

Character
    Kisaragie
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Call Wyvern Causing Crashes.

Call Wyvern is causing me to crash in Ambuscade, Omen and a few other battle fields.
    (0)

Character
    Lordofsinsspawn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    As a Drg main since 2004, I have enjoyed the job even though it used to have a 2 hour pet. I was really happy when it was reduced to 20 minutes and that was great for the time period. We used to worry about keeping our pets alive, however this isn't the case anymore. Our wyverns aren't dying anymore... we are. I've spent thousands of dollars on subs for FFXI and FFXIV combined. I still really enjoy both of them. I've never commented in here because I didn't feel like I'd be heard by the dev team. I would be incredibly greatful if they could adjust "Call wyvern" and "Beastial familiarity" so that when the player dies and the pet lives we the players aren't penalized. 20 minutes is a long time in Dynamis D or Omen. Again keeping our wyvern alive is easy. Charmed status and K.O. are the problem. If the Wyvern dies we deserve the timer penalty. But if it lives and we die please reset the timer. Even bst can use a jug pet to hold it over for the remainder of the timer. I really dont think we are asking for much. Especially when considering what we have done for you and your company. I appreciate your time and thank you for making this awesome game!
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4