Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Well my idea was keeping the cap the same but changing the scaling of the modifier for dmg enmity from lvl to hp... though a scaling cap might work but it might still run into the problem of as dps rises tanks that rely on fixed hate jas/spells would fall behind to dds so it might require small adjustments as time goes by if they raise especially if they ever increase ilvl. Changing the amount gained based on hate should be effectively a permanent solution... well at least until SE starts putting mobs that heal themselves too much
    (3)
    Last edited by dasva; 08-02-2014 at 02:48 PM.

Character
    Lanselot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Well my idea was keeping the cap the same but changing the scaling of the modifier for dmg enmity from lvl to hp... though a scaling cap might work but it might still run into the problem of as dps rises tanks that rely on fixed hate jas/spells would fall behind to dds so it might require small adjustments as time goes by if they raise especially if they ever increase ilvl. Changing the amount gained based on hate should be effectively a permanent solution... well at least until SE starts putting mobs that heal themselves too much
    I'm sorry I misunderstood what you meant then my bad. I really hate the 10000 CE/VE cap though. If they made it so that the cap was scaling generally whoever was doing the most dmg would grab mob attention (i know this is generally the case but with -enmity gear on it doesn't have to be) but like you mentioned as dps of DDs increases over time so to would enmity values of tanks to be able to compensate so that it wouldn't be impossible for the tank to claim hate. I think they should get ride of losing enmity from dmg too and return +enmity to just effecting the values of enmity in spells/jas. If the mob healed themselves a lot though that should have the same effect of artificially increasing the total cap of that particular mob though i don't know how that would look in any kind of enmity formula.

This would also make the newly increased cap to +enmity a lot more useful then its going to be. Just thinking about what ifs too, they could have a mechanic that if you were able to reach the enmity cap that was now equal to the mobs HP before everyone else that it locked you in hate for amount of minutes. Given the large amount of Hp that current mobs have it would be unlikely that DDs could just wait until the tank established this feature and so it would general come some where half way into the fight or 3/4s of the way in. But with this hate lock the Mob then go berserk requiring the tank focus not on generating hate but staying alive.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aeron; 08-02-2014 at 05:22 PM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    So now instead of waiting 60 seconds for the paladin to build hate and then running in and stealing hate after my first weaponskill, I can just wait 30 seconds for the paladin to build hate before running in and stealing it. Seems like a good use of dev time.
    (3)

Character
    Akivatoo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    FrankReynolds you'r totally right, that exactly that.
    i'm gonna make video if i have time for explain to the dev team the problem, because they never play the game.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Akivatoo View Post
    FrankReynolds you'r totally right, that exactly that.
    i'm gonna make video if i have time for explain to the dev team the problem, because they never play the game.
    Yeah, I mean everyone who is not RNG can die and / or the paladin can go from being a tank to a really bad DD 30 seconds faster now. What's not to love?
    (0)

Character
    Akivatoo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Due to the last Atonment update we do as PLD very good ws but we aren't anable to up correctly TP wihout kill PDT/MDT-
    (0)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Kind of sucks no plans for Uriel Blade as well as other NPC specific weapon skill implementation....considering in 2011 that they promised us this should enough people request it. Yet, here we are...about to enter 2015 and still nothing, lol.
    (0)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6