Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    This is something they've weighed in on in the past (Note: I agree with you totally). I maintain your hope that they will reconsider, but I doubt their answer will change (I believe they wanted to make sure that players were alert and skillful in the control of their pets or something like that and that they wanted it to be something that had to be maintained). But that said, one of the big factors in PUP being able to compete is the impact of JA delay, and they need to realize that this hurts the job more than they seem to think it does, and certainly more than any perceived benefit from making us more actively control our puppets.
    I think the bigger reason is players being so uptight over 2-3seconds of delay, "killing" their DPS.

Anyway, I think increasing the elemental cap on automations would be a nice boost, esp for mage ones.
    But I think we need a physical high DD automation. Valoredge is nice but a better tank then DD, though, doesn't keep hate very well at 99, but from the sounds of it, part of a FFXI system problem.

Wish we could get a DRK frame/head, or maybe samurai.
    Either one would be really cool^^ Might be rather sweet looking too.
    (0)

I agree Bluestar, even with the few seconds manuvers take the combined DPS of a pup/auto is as high as most DD (or would be with a Divinator and the stats PROPERLY scaled for pets to 119), only Sam and maybe Rng being above it-with the exceptions of the whm auto or Harley of course. But the perception of it by other players is as damaging as the "XP penalty from beast pets" was; it took YEARS after the penalty was removed for players to let Beasts do anything involving a party-and frankly I think there are still a few idiots that believe a beast pet costs XP. And you cannot fix player perceptions, willful ignorance is going to happen, especially when reality might cost the warrior or whatever their party slot that they are guaranteed as long as it's a dead certainty your Pup is going to be passed over as it is now. That said, an elemental boost is a welcome addition, mage autos mean a more varied damage output for the party, which can be quite advantageous, especially with SE making boss mobs able to deal with the Zerg everything mechanic most commonly in use in FFXI.
    (3)
    Last edited by Glamdring; 11-22-2014 at 09:35 AM.

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    So with todays announced JA, i had a few questions.

1) The animations and animation lock for maneuvers will be removed.: Does this mean it will no longer incur the JA delay? Or is this just the animation lock. I could give 3 rat tails less about animation lock. Unless it means we will continue to auto attack, i dont see the point honestly.

2) The harlequin frame and stormwaker frame weapon attributes will be changed from hand-to-hand to blunt.: Um, isn't h2h already considered blunt damage? Do they mean these automatons will be treated as if they are using a one handed club?

3)The maximum accuracy of familiars summoned with Call Beast, wyverns, avatars, and automatons will be increased from 95% to 99%. That's great, but we cant get them to the 95% cap in any content that matters, so why bother increasing the cap to 99? Unless the new food is going to add 300 acc to pets (which i guarantee it wont) why raise the cap when we cant hit the current cap without completly gimping our self.
    (2)

Character
    Aoikaminari
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Roja323 View Post
    So with todays announced JA, i had a few questions.

1) The animations and animation lock for maneuvers will be removed.: Does this mean it will no longer incur the JA delay? Or is this just the animation lock. I could give 3 rat tails less about animation lock. Unless it means we will continue to auto attack, i dont see the point honestly.
    That's exactly what it means . Rejoice.

I've never been allowed to take my PUP into endgame content, so I don't know how bad accuracy problems are. Though as far as the 99% accuracy cap, it might make a minor difference. The biggest difference in endgame content though, would be the elimination of the JA delay for pups. That alone will give them a considerable dps boost. And of course, we still don't know how much acc the new pet accuracy food will provide.

This is just what puppetmasters needed, but they'll probably continue watching Pup DPS as time goes on before they make any other accuracy changes to it to make sure they didn't make pup overpowered. In any case, the animation delay fix was #1 on my puppetmaster wish list, so I'm glad they're taking it out of the equation.
    (0)
    Last edited by Peepiopi; 11-26-2014 at 11:51 PM.

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I really hope that is the case, because I am 99% done with my Kenkonken, just need 50 assaults (have 30k banked alex on 2 mules), nyzul done, ichor at 72/100k, already have the 3 znm drops. KKK with no overload + maneuvers with no delay would be awesome sauce.

Now if only our pets could hit the acc cap.
    (0)

Character
    Aoikaminari
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    I really hope that is the case, because I am 99% done with my Kenkonken, just need 50 assaults (have 30k banked alex on 2 mules), nyzul done, ichor at 72/100k, already have the 3 znm drops. KKK with no overload + maneuvers with no delay would be awesome sauce.

Now if only our pets could hit the acc cap.
    That's awesome man. So far I'm .5% percent done with my Kenkonken. I'm still in the dreaming stage.
    (1)

Character
    Tetsujin
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    2) The harlequin frame and stormwaker frame weapon attributes will be changed from hand-to-hand to blunt.: Um, isn't h2h already considered blunt damage? Do they mean these automatons will be treated as if they are using a one handed club?
    Hand-to-Hand falls into a special category of blunt damage. When mobs are -25% weak to blunt damage, they are only -12.5% weak to "hand-to-hand (Blunt)" damage. This feature has been around since the oldest days. Since automatons only attack once per turn, it's only fair to switch them over to the "better" version.

I'm not sure if there's any difference in blunt/hand-to-hand(blunt) than that one.

EDIT: Just cross-checked and the above is true. The other forms of blunt [other weapons, blue mage spells, avatars] will get the full +25% modifier against skellies and jars (for example) and h2h users get +12.5%. For mobs that are resistant, these two damage types are treated with equal penalty.
    (1)
    Last edited by Tetsujin; 11-28-2014 at 06:37 PM.

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    For people big on macros/equipsets:
    How does the removal of the JA delay affect gear swaps for burden? Currently the post maneuver delay doesnt matter because it stops auto attack.
    Can i remove the post maneuver delay, or should i keep it? Never really had to deal with macros + 0 delay ja.

Currently i have
    equipset - burden
    wait 1
    maneuver
    wait 1
    equipset - tp
    (1)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3