Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Tetsujin
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Quality PUP Check-In

Was just wondering how we're faring in the latest era of this game. Specifically those of you that play multiple DD jobs - how does PUP damage compare?

I've recently been (miraculously) invited to a few skirmishes where can I honestly say that my damage output according to parses was comparable to some other DDs, and my gear isn't even that great. Given that the puppet had no chance of connecting with the target I made it full time Haste II me.

(Edit: Let's be fair, it was skellie mobs so I had a crutch.)

So what are some of the numbers you've seen? Any story or WS damage record you'd like to show off?

Typically my Victory Smites and Stringing Pummels vary from 4k to 6k depending on the content. For reference, I've seen my THF friend pop Rudra's for 10k+. Just saw a video with a SAM spamming Tachi:Fudo for 11k at a time..
    (0)

My experience is, "can you come another job?" So I don't know what to tell you. I solo with it but don't take note of the damage, because lolsolo.
    (2)

Character
    Craptaculous
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I'm going to be blunt and honest with you: without a iLVL119 mythic, PUP serves no purpose in current endgame. Even with, it's still the bottom of the list. But,with that said, Kenkonken definitely close the gap a lot.

Long story short: DPS is low from master without mythic, WS are decent (with and without mythic) but not enough to make up for accuracy issues do to low H2H skill (compared to MNK and WAR). Automaton is too squishy, and the mage ones are a bit didtzy still (not anywhere near as bad as it used to be, but still needs work, ie: the soulsoother constantly trying to remove a debuff inflicted by an aura). Automaton Acc is also an issue, since they can't receive buffs, such as BRD songs, Cor Rolls, or Geo Aura's. I did a wopket run on pup the other day, someone told me that the automaton had 67% accuracy, while I had 96%.

Summary: PUP still is lol. Less lol with mythic, but still lol, compared to what people determine as 'real DDs'

one thing to note: is that SE had announced adjusting Pet jobs' pets DPS, to make it so that the combined power between master and pet will be greater than or equal to the rest of DDs in the game. I believe it was mentioned in the most recent Freshly Picked Vanadiel blog.
    (7)

Character
    Tetsujin
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Thanks for the obligatory "lolPUP" posts. I'm so grateful!!

Yes, PUP isn't reliable or ideal in endgame -- duh. Thanks for the update. I use SCH if I want certain gear in endgame content which is popular enough. But that's not what I care about right now; I want to discuss PUP.

Let me try to redirect this conversation: How are up to speed PUPs doing? What are the numbers we're seeing from X Weapon Skill on such-and-such mobs? What kind of DPS are we seeing? What are some standards to compare to if one wants to measure their PUP?

Also "PUP still is lol" -- Right. Comfortably soloing content without being forced to sub dnc is so lame am I right? Point taken.

Edit: Never meant to imply that your PUP wasn't up to speed. Sorry about that. Meant to be two completely different statements.
    (0)
    Last edited by Tetsujin; 07-24-2014 at 02:23 AM.

Player
    There's nothing wrong with stating that Puppetmaster is in a bad spot, and being able to solo old content doesn't justify it. People should speak up, it doesn't mean you hate the job if you highlight their many, many flaws.

Having your own claim to fame being able to solo stuff is lame, yes. Nobody curr, everyone can do it.

Crptaculous actually answered your question quite admirably, he did a Wopket run on pup and found his damage crappy. I don't know what you want to hear? Lies? I'd argue he's quite up to speed.
    (4)

PUP is my main, I love it. I just don't get to do anything major with it to give you numbers like you are asking. I don't bother to note my damage when soloing. So I'm sorry if you were offended.
    I'd be interested in hearing results from others though. But it's been my impression from Shinron and Crptaculous and others that even if I had EVERY freakin' best in slot piece, it would not matter. I'm not sure if it's worth building a mythic for if it continues to have a bad rep.
    (1)

Character
    Craptaculous
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    geez, someone's a bit butt hurt.

Check my FFXIAH.com profile. I just got a Kenkonken iLVL 119 one week ago. And you have the gall to infer that I'm not "up to speed"...ya ok, So Sorry My mythic isn't up to speed enough for you.

After using my Mythic in old content and new alike, I have based my opinions on that. And the verdict is: Mythic PUP = non-mythic MNK (and only when formless strikes is not needed, otherwise MNK > PUP). SAM, DRK and DRG still way better. Especially SAM. All it takes is a quick parse to prove it.

As mentioned by others soloing old content does not dictate that it's as well off as a Tinhaspa H2H MNK or better. If I want to play a solo, I'll go play Skyrim or Fallout.

Look, the OP was two questions,
    1) how's PUP fairing these days.
    2) what's WS damage doing now?

I answered both.

I'll answer them again in short, easier answers:
    1) PUP is better, but not as good as normal DD.
    2) as I said, without a mythic, WS's are sub par. I'm sorry I didn't give a specific number, my bad. Average with Tinhaspa H2H and avg iLvl of 119: 2-4k Stringing pummels, with spikes of 4-5 if all hits land and/or crit. Need same buffs as other DDs though. Average with 119 Mythic, 4-6k with occasional spikes of 6-8k on AM3 procc, crit, and/or accuracy.

Don't like the answer? Well, that's too bad, because that's how it is.

#REKT
    (5)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by crptaculous View Post
    I'm going to be blunt and honest with you: without a iLVL119 mythic, PUP serves no purpose in current endgame. Even with, it's still the bottom of the list. But,with that said, Kenkonken definitely close the gap a lot.

Long story short: DPS is low from master without mythic, WS are decent (with and without mythic) but not enough to make up for accuracy issues do to low H2H skill (compared to MNK and WAR). Automaton is too squishy, and the mage ones are a bit didtzy still (not anywhere near as bad as it used to be, but still needs work, ie: the soulsoother constantly trying to remove a debuff inflicted by an aura). Automaton Acc is also an issue, since they can't receive buffs, such as BRD songs, Cor Rolls, or Geo Aura's. I did a wopket run on pup the other day, someone told me that the automaton had 67% accuracy, while I had 96%.

Summary: PUP still is lol. Less lol with mythic, but still lol, compared to what people determine as 'real DDs'

one thing to note: is that SE had announced adjusting Pet jobs' pets DPS, to make it so that the combined power between master and pet will be greater than or equal to the rest of DDs in the game. I believe it was mentioned in the most recent Freshly Picked Vanadiel blog.
    This is indeed true^^

However, SE says/imply alot of things, I will believe it when I see it.
    (0)

Figured I'd chuck this in here for you since it's kind of relevant...

Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    And especially after the skillchain update, every 2 handed job can outdo MNK with a good enough store TP set. They however, will die horribly and never get to use it. Damage barely matters anyway. Some people cleared Very Difficult fights with just PLD and some PUP's as DD's. (Because they can dump all their hate onto a puppet outside AoE range every minute and send it away, thus never pulling hate.) And every delve boss can be killed by BRD/1 DD/WHM. The enemies don't have that much HP or that much defense. Surviving the fight's the hard part.
    (0)

Player
    PUP is the most survivable solo job in the game there isnt much i cant solo on pup, that said i dont get invited to anythiung mainly because people still dont get it or want to give "another strategy" a try i feel they do need to update Automations a bit as Blm can no longer come close to hanging with actual blms, rng does best dmg whm is meh at best rdm is the best all around frame with haste II i basiclly perma-100 fists, it is stressful that we put all this work into our job and were asked to come a diff job to delve/AA
    (3)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast