Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fish Usefulness

Player

Fish Usefulness

All the fish added during or prior to Chains of Promathia had a use. You could cook them, make them into ingredients for alchemy, fish up coral fragments, dredge up and repair rusted equipment, turn them in for guild points, or hand them over to Zaldon. And the fish from the ToAU expansion were basically the previous fish with new names, so they were also still used for the same purposes.

Nearly every fish added since then however, is entirely useless. They can't be made into any useful recipe, and the old fish's recipes are now outdated and worthless. They aren't used for guild points or fish ranking. You've made it quite clear they aren't even meant to be sold to NPC's for gil. Even the upwards of 30 new "Legendary Fish" that have been added to the game, only five or so are even usable by Zaldon for some sort of reward.

What then, is the point of fishing? Could you please go back and add useful new foods and potions made from all these new fish? I'm tired of reeling in mog garden nets full of fish I have to throw away, because they literally don't do anything! I'm tired of having a nearly capped fishing skill, and nothing to use it on because fish are not useful. Even when a fish is useful, you end up taking that use away. (When AttentiveIbuki required a moderately high level fish to make, for example, I was excited to have the skill necessary to get them. But then you just made them an incredibly common drop from the monsters in the area!) And why the hell are there so many "Legendary Fish" that are basically just inventory space-1, rather than a shot at some useful reward from Inside the Belly?

I ask you to please do a massive cooking recipe overhaul, changing and adding plenty of new useful foods using fish, furniture using fish, potions that use fish, quests that use fish, anything to make the hardest to level and most time consuming craft in the game useful. You overhauled the entire system to make it more user friendly, but there's no reason for the users to become friendly with it.
    (2)

The legendary fish might be used in Inside the Belly at a later date... I believe they've done this before, added Leg. Fish and then gave them Inside the Belly later on. Still, I agree, hopefully they make a few more fish useful for something. Erm, train of thought, They added new Torques for crafting... maybe they'll come from Inside the Belly... while I personally hope not cause I don't have high enough fishing for it, maybe?
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I think they are trying to make it clear between the recent gimp in npc prices (which were already a really bad way of making gil) to the aforementioned them not doing anything and then just sitting on their hands for the last 4 months with the huge bug that they inserted into fishing and haven't fixed last I checked that they don't want people to fish at all
    (1)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    The legendary fish might be used in Inside the Belly at a later date... I believe they've done this before, added Leg. Fish and then gave them Inside the Belly later on.
    While they didn't specify which fish, there was a dev comment a few weeks ago stating that they'd add Adoulin fish to Inside the Belly at a later date. As to when, which, and what may come of it, it's anyways guess. I'm glad Remoras come from Mog Garden though.
    (0)
    Last edited by Malithar; 07-12-2014 at 06:19 PM.
    7/10/14

Hello buoys and gills,

Thanks for the feedback on fishing!

As Malithar has said, while I can’t say an ofishal time frame or name any fish as of yet, we do plan on adding certain legendary fish from Adoulin areas to “Inside the Belly”. We’ll be looking into the reward items for these and once there is more information to share I’ll dolphinitely be sure to pass it on to you all.
    (16)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I still fish off and on just for the halibut.

But seriously Matsya suck.
    (0)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello buoys and gills,

Thanks for the feedback on fishing!

As Malithar has said, while I can’t say an ofishal time frame or name any fish as of yet, we do plan on adding certain legendary fish from Adoulin areas to “Inside the Belly”. We’ll be looking into the reward items for these and once there is more information to share I’ll dolphinitely be sure to pass it on to you all.
    Something was fishy about the amount of puns in that post... I may need to re-reef.
    (1)

Character
    Maledict
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    we do plan on adding certain legendary fish from Adoulin areas to “Inside the Belly”.
    I have no direct quarrel with this, but: please, please, no more items like Shaper's Shawl that affect other crafts. Especially not from a fish that essentially requires you be Ebisu-grade in skill and gear. Please, no more of those.
    (4)

Character
    Rainehx
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    crafting torques GO
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainehx View Post
    crafting torques GO