Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeron View Post
    I really wish ppl would stop making threads like this. They give the devs a really false sense that their adjustments aren't working when they are. Priwen is a perfectly capable shield. Beatific shield +1 is really good as well. If you are talking about doing D content the devs have more then accommodated you in that department with regards to a shields that can get the job done. Now I understand min-maxing stats and all that but VD is where the line is drawn. If you don't have the best gear you're going to get stomped plain and simple. If you think that Priwen is difficult to get then that's really your problem , there are plenty of ppl in the game that can make the relatively easily that's really why I cant simpithize. Its ppl like this that come on this forum and complain about how its too hard to do content and why R/E shields, horn and harp have not gotten their looooooooooong over due 119 upgrades.

Oh just on a side note. Any body who claims to main pld that is not even willing to put in the effort to make a RELIC-type shield doesn't deserve to be a pld. You only have to get ochain to lvl 90 for it to be effective. The only other empyrean that you can say about that is the harp and really with the JSE harp that's a moot point. Make a damm ochain then use that to make gil to buy currency to make an aegis. Its going to take some time longer then a week if you don't play everyday I know strange concept but once you get it youll be able to play the job on VD content and do delve most likely depending on your other gear.
    +1 to this.

The complaining has gone out of hands. I would like to add, that EVERY VD fight can be tanked by PLD sans ochain or aegis and has been done successfully multiple times with the correct setup and gear. I am sorry to say it to some people, but haveing the correct gear on at correct times makes also VDs very possible and somewhat easy to tank as PLD even without RMEs. EVERY VD can also be done with DDs sporting non REM ilvl 119 weapons. The problem is that people suck at gearing correctly their jobs and try to go the lazy way out, when that is definitly not the solution. Also makeing/joining shells and being a team of skilled players that know how to play together (teamwork) will do allways better then any kind of Pick up group you will find.

Yes Ochain/Aegis makes those fights easier, yes a 4 song bard too (not haveing 3 songs nowadays is really no excuse), but its doable without, its just requires teamwork, proper geared people and support that doesnt suck balls (like 99% of the whm that play the job as a hobby or to fill the remaining spot, with no incentiv to play the job on a good level, which hurts more)
    (2)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    What are people being "elitist" in their demands for? I see these types of shouts but they're invariably for mission battlefields on Difficult and Very Difficult. Which sounds like it's working as intended. Those fights are no joke and you NEED to have good gear and a solid party setup to win. But they made the fights adjustable in difficulty for a reason. I beat Ark Angel TT on Normal difficulty with a terrible party. We had a Monk who could barely hit.

How about this. You guys complaining about elitists form your own party for mission battlefields on D/VD, or Delve, using people in sparks gear. Post a video. Let's see how that goes.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeron View Post
    Oh just on a side note. Any body who claims to main pld that is not even willing to put in the effort to make a RELIC-type shield doesn't deserve to be a pld. You only have to get ochain to lvl 90 for it to be effective. The only other empyrean that you can say about that is the harp and really with the JSE harp that's a moot point. Make a damm ochain then use that to make gil to buy currency to make an aegis. Its going to take some time longer then a week if you don't play everyday I know strange concept but once you get it youll be able to play the job on VD content and do delve most likely depending on your other gear.
    I've largely balked at the idea of levelling PLD cause I just don't want to go through the effort of doing Ochain. From the little bit of T3 Abyssea VNMs I've dabbled in, Colorless Souls seem like a major pain in the ass to build. I could probably do Aegis or Priwen though.

But that's what I like about Oboro gear. You can just BUY it. Farming gil is so much easier than farming Ex items.
    (1)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohihroyu View Post
    All I see from elitists is:

- "they are making this game too easy!! and every update breaks windower for a couple minutes Q_Q"

- "STOP GIVING GIMPS HANDOUTS SE"

- "3-4 song brd only or gtfo"

- "mnk only or gtfo"

- "use windower or gtfo"

- "have a whm bot oops I mean whm mule or gtfo"

- "they are making this game more and more like WoW!"

- "14 sucks cause they always cater to casuals & gimps whoever likes it is a gimp in ffxi cause XIV is so easy like WoW"

If you make any of that or more you get on BG's "gimp/confused/wtf" list where they make it their job to bully those players into quitting or worse (like making threats like "I hope that gimp kills themselves irl" or "someone needs to get that gimps dox and burn their house down" and as usual bully people who have disabilities, its pretty much 4chan)
    To defend for "elitist"(I don't even consider your above point being elitism, but oh well):

1. It's unrealistic to expect EVERY_SINGLE player in this game has same lv of standard, everyone has different standard when it comes to game being easy/hard.

I know ppl that plays video game 1hr a week, some ppl play video game 10hr a week, some plays 30hr a week and some plays 10hr a DAY.

Obviously, a gear designed to take 5hr to obtain will be too "easy" to a player that plays 10hr a day, since they can obtain 2 gears in one day. But for ppl that only plays 1hr a week, it'd take them longer than a month to obtain.

A player that play the game for 10hr a day calling casuals "gimp" is the same as a player that play the game for 1hr a week calling hardcore player "elitist". It's all discrimination toward different group of players.

However, it's not realistic to expect every player are the same. There WILL be players thinking that gears doesn't take long to obtain and they get nothing left to do, and there WILL be players that can never catch up. It's not realistic to expect "elitists" who got nothing to do in this game to spend less time in this game or make progress slower, just because casuals plays less.

If you happened to play less, or make slower progress, make friends with ppl like you. But don't try to point fingers toward someone that's different from you. No one can make friends with everyone in this world.

2. Some say the gap between elite and casual are very big, but from my personal observation, the gap is MUCH smaller than 75/pre-SoA era ever since all gears added haste. Before SoA you'd see elite parse 50% in VW and gimp parsed less than 5%. I haven't seen gap THIS big for ages.

3. Real "elite" doesn't use windower, they use something a lot more than windower

4. Current FFXIV is 3x harder than SoA FFXI, true story. It's been a harder game since ARR released.

Oh and btw, real elitism to me means "demand something more than necessary". Using windower, using optimal jobs, thinking this game is too easy isn't even real elitism IMO. Also, most of the time ppl(myself to be exact) wanted stuff to take longer to obtain out of logical reasons that's related to game design.....MMO isn't single player RPG. Dev's job is to make the game lasting as long as possible so ppl continue to spend 12$ every month but not feel like they log on and get nothing to do. And currently, they're failing in that aspect so I feel my $12 a month is wasted. It's more about game design and less about wanting to bash casuals.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 07-11-2014 at 10:44 PM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    +1 to this.

The complaining has gone out of hands. I would like to add, that EVERY VD fight can be tanked by PLD sans ochain or aegis and has been done successfully multiple times with the correct setup and gear. I am sorry to say it to some people, but haveing the correct gear on at correct times makes also VDs very possible and somewhat easy to tank as PLD even without RMEs. EVERY VD can also be done with DDs sporting non REM ilvl 119 weapons. The problem is that people suck at gearing correctly their jobs and try to go the lazy way out, when that is definitly not the solution. Also makeing/joining shells and being a team of skilled players that know how to play together (teamwork) will do allways better then any kind of Pick up group you will find.

Yes Ochain/Aegis makes those fights easier, yes a 4 song bard too (not haveing 3 songs nowadays is really no excuse), but its doable without, its just requires teamwork, proper geared people and support that doesnt suck balls (like 99% of the whm that play the job as a hobby or to fill the remaining spot, with no incentiv to play the job on a good level, which hurts more)

To sum up SE OF thread mentality: You must complain about the game difficulty, no matter how easy it is, until all the gears popped in delivery box and even players that spend below avg amount of time in MMO can cap gears without playing the game. If you're not complaining about the difficulty, you're an elitist.

That's why goals in this game takes less time to do than how it used to be, because whoever can cap gears in short amount of time already got bored and quit, so they can't post. Now SE's making the game requiring less time to "finish" than avg MMORPG.
    (2)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    Did you ever read the thread? I can't recall them bashing people for not having the +1 gears. It seemed to boil down to "does your gear make sense", and if you were willing to take advice. If you were a blm stacking VIT and CHR, something might be said. Or say a RNG is wearing the W. Turban. Somebody informs them that haste won't affect ranged attacks. The guy who honestly says he didn't know that and makes a change most likely wouldn't end up there. The other guys who plugs his ears and insists that it does would.

I'm pretty sure some ppl on BG used to bash REM owners for using NQ armor/rings instead of HQ, because "HQ armor is bigger increase than certain legendary and he's wasting more gil for less increase". So it's not always about ppl making complete retard choices, but it's often more about ppl making choices and priority they don't agree with.

That being said, it's not possible to make choices that please everyone. If you insist to make certain choice, why does it matter that others said something about it?

I don't use windower/3rd pt tool so I parse low all the time. I don't care jack shit about how others say about my playskill, since I can clear all the delve2/VD content np without tools. I don't play ANY of the mainstream job like MNK SAM BRD RNG PLD WHM, if someone ask me to lv above jobs I just make my own pt. I also made priority choices that 95% of players disagree, such as spending 500M(when alex worth 20k each) on a Death Penalty when it's extremely niche weapon for a job that no one cares. However whenever someone make fun of my choices, I just laugh with them and continue to stick with my choices. Eventually, more and more ppl agree with my choices and they would rather play with me more than the others.

IMO, if an individual can't tolerate someone else not liking his/her job and gears, that person needs to change mindset about how human interaction works. This is barely a FFXI issue, it's just human nature.
    (1)

I don't use windower/3rd pt tool so I parse low all the time. I don't care jack shit about how others say about my playskill, since I can clear all the delve2/VD content np without tools. I don't play ANY of the mainstream job like MNK SAM BRD RNG PLD WHM, if someone ask me to lv above jobs I just make my own pt. I also made priority choices that 95% of players disagree, such as spending 500M(when alex worth 20k each) on a Death Penalty when it's extremely niche weapon for a job that no one cares. However whenever someone make fun of my choices, I just laugh with them and continue to stick with my choices. Eventually, more and more ppl agree with my choices and they would rather play with me more than the others.
    I don't use Windower/3PT, with Vanilla FFXI becoming more and more user friendly, and the upcoming update to allow us to swap multiple pieces of gear with 1 macro line... Windower is ever increasingly becoming, not obsolete, but less needed. That said, as I stand now, I can parse really well without Windower, but I understand the truest to its word "Elitism" that windower users get when it comes to Windower/V/NonWindower, as from first hand experience... To those people if you're not saving the 1 Seconds a single-hit macro hit gains over hitting 2 macros, you're wasting everyones time.

That said, Its best to let that kind of stuff go in one ear and out the other, these folk are few and far between, and frankly if they want to feel superior/elite for whatever reasons, its better to just let it go and ignore them... Theres no reasoning with them nor can they comprehend any way to play but their own. I'd like to think these types of actual "Elitists" are pretty few and far between though.

IMO, if an individual can't tolerate someone else not liking his/her job and gears, that person needs to change mindset about how human interaction works. This is barely a FFXI issue, it's just human nature.
    Agreed on the "Human nature" part... Its an unfortunate reality of the world we live in.
    (1)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 07-12-2014 at 03:13 AM.

Character
    Kaedensetsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 54
    Let me clarify one thing.
    Most of the TRUE elitist left tha game a long time ago. When abbysea was released.
    Todays ffxi elitist are the abysea generation. They inherited the game.

And yes i do like abbysea.
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordkyron View Post
    Let me clarify one thing.
    Most of the TRUE elitist left tha game a long time ago. When abbysea was released.
    Todays ffxi elitist are the abysea generation. They inherited the game.

And yes i do like abbysea.
    guess my 11+ years of FFXI auto-disqualify me as an elitist from the abyssea generation!
    (0)

10. 07-13-2014 08:41 AM

Character
    Kaedensetsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 54
    Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    guess my 11+ years of FFXI auto-disqualify me as an elitist from the abyssea generation!
    It does. Like i said MOST not everyone.
    Most of the guys that left. Was mostly because of all that hard work on Relics. Mythics. Trown out the window on a single update.
    TBH i don't blame them
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast