Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Apologies to keep you all waiting on the fixes for the Target Marker and Attuner attachments.

In order to fix the issues large revamps to the attachment system are necessary, so we expect this to take some time to complete.

We understand that pet accuracy is still lacking when participating in content (not only for automatons), but we are prioritizing overall boosts to pets at the moment, and we are looking into making adjustments to this with the new job point elements that are scheduled for some time after the November version update.
    so with one hand you say job points are something to be a boost to job but not required to play a job effectively then with the other hand you come out with this horse s***
    if you want to BS us at least make it consistant
    (5)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I liked the idea of Pet rolls, from COR, but the problem is that kind of thing only works in Pet-Parties... if pets could be hit by any buffs those problems would be fixed almost entirely. But then you have disposable pets that can be fully buffed and sent to their death ad-infinum, creates a balance issue. Might even have to rework pet rolls (DRG, BST, PUP)... Companions roll seems like it could stay.
    Thing is, that's already sorta the case now - The only thing that might affect that is MDB, but probably not. The Atk/Acc rolls are the same potency, the MAB rolls are actually higher potency. If normal rolls hit, it wouldn't make pets alone any more formidable than they are now. It'd just allow us to fight with them~
    (0)

Player
    I kinda feel bad for the devs.......having to come up with so many excuses for why SE now supports a non-fantastical ideology of real life. Think of it as what jobs and college are(very loosely based) if you want good a good job(gear) you have to go to college(endgame) for a specific field(mnk/COR/brd/etc) but just like real life it doesn't matter how much time you put into learning into that field if you don't like it. You get your gear, but you wasted a lot of time working on something you didn't want to.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Donquichot View Post
    So basicly nothing is going to be changed? Because how it is now the automotons parameters are lower than their player counterparts. But this is not just in battlefields that have difficulty adjustments. The whole parameter boosting in certain events isnt an answer. its a bandaid that will have to be done in the future again. Why not fix this now so the developers can create content where alot more jobs can play on equal footing. The way they are 'fixing' the problem by parameter boosting in certain events is a waste of developer resources. Fix it all over the game. The way it is now developers cant reliably create content that is balanced to alot of jobs.
    pet jobs were deliberately nerfed with the start of SoA and the trend has continued since. Much like beastmaster always called jugs 1-2 levels below master-and needed relic gloves to close that gap (assuming the jug pet could even reach the master's cap)-the SoA ilevel equipment has been at least 2 levels below the available player equipment on pup and smn. On beast and dragoon it seems a software limitation of weakened parameters has been added to called pets like jugs and dragoons to keep them weak in relation to a comparably leveled job. Now, even with job points the smart money says the pets will be continued as too weak to be viable in end-game content. For charmed pets that actually are your level the move to "balance" (which is everything EXCEPT balanced) is that your "sic" moves are much slower to activate than the pet was before charm and it's attack and accuracy are reduced, presumably as part of the mechanics of the charm. This is apparently part of a deliberate move to see that pet jobs are no more effective soloing than any other soloing job, roughly equivalent to bard. The sooner we accept that SE has decided that ALL pets are to permanently be under the effects of enfeebles-except when our 1 hours are active-the better for our digestive systems; I loved playing pet jobs but as they are currently/going forward implemented they are just giving me gas and ulcers-oh, and costing me end-game party slots.
    (0)

Previously I mentioned that we would be adjusting pet accuracy with new job point elements, and I would like to add a bit more information about this.

First, on the basis that in the event the player’s item level, the pet’s level, and the content level are all the same, we feel that the proper situation is such that the pet’s attacks land if you supplement with the proper equipment and food. For example, with item level 119 equipment, if you challenge alluvion skirmish or high-tier mission battlefields at normal difficulty, they will be able to hit properly.

Currently, avatars in particular are lacking in accuracy, and for other pets as well, we understand that when trying to increase the stats for both pet and master, there will ultimately be a portion that becomes lacking. Besides the pet adjustments we have been making, we will also be looking at adjusting the master for these jobs and supplement the aspects that are lacking.

On the other hand, when it comes to high difficulty content such as high-tier mission battlefields at the difficult difficulty setting, we are looking into supplementing the aspects that are lacking for this with job points. (We’ll also be looking into special pet items and new attachments for the future.)

As we are trying to be very careful with job adjustments, we understand there are some players who are getting upset because no drastic changes can be seen right away, but we are taking in all the feedback and proceeding with adjustments as we consider the overall conditions of the game.

We’ll be continuing to make adjustments to dragoon, puppetmaster and beastmater as damage dealers, and to summoner as a support role that can also deal damage in future version updates.

Additionally, we’d like to add elements to job points that allow you to easily feel that your character is growing past level 99 besides just through item levels. Once the details have been fleshed out more we’ll introduce them to you.
    (3)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Player
    On the other hand, when it comes to high difficulty content such as high-tier mission battlefields at the difficult difficulty setting, we are looking into supplementing the aspects that are lacking for this with job points. (We’ll also be looking into special pet items and new attachments for the future.)

As we are trying to be very careful with job adjustments, we understand there are some players who are getting upset because no drastic changes can be seen right away, but we are taking in all the feedback and proceeding with adjustments as we consider the overall conditions of the game.

Additionally, we’d like to add elements to job points that allow you to easily feel that your character is growing past level 99 besides just through item levels. Once the details have been fleshed out more we’ll introduce them to you.
    I understand the need for caution, but I sincerely don't see HOW job points will provide the necessary accuracy to alleviate the penalty we have.

Further to this, if you treat a pet as an analogue to a player.. the amount of hoops we have to jump through just to get our accuracy to acceptable levels is unacceptable. There isn't enough pet:Acc equipment that also allows us to hit (As you've already stated). Then to force us to grind the necessary ... hell of a lot of CP just to be able to become slightly more effective.. It's a little.. disappointing.

I don't have the numbers to disprove that, my automaton did have around 80-95% accuracy on Delve 1-5 (119) - But against tojil? Miss Miss Miss AoE Die. And this was with me eating Pet Acc Food, which I could have really used Curry buns or Pizza.

We’ll be continuing to make adjustments to dragoon, puppetmaster and beastmater as damage dealers, and to summoner as a support role that can also deal damage in future version updates.
    we understand that when trying to increase the stats for both pet and master, there will ultimately be a portion that becomes lacking.
    The main thing is HOW players buff their acc in low accuracy situations, first you have gear; we have an analogue for this but it is currently lacking. Perhaps accuracy gear should transfer a % bonus of your stats to a pet. Perhaps through a job trait. Beastmaster and Puppetmaster would get the highest tier of this trait, Dragoon would get lower tiers.

Secondly our Corsair Buffs, frankly they might as well not exist because the 75 acc and 46-51% attack on the player is simply lost. The answer to this is a fundamental reworking of the pet rolls, having them provide potent pet only effects (much like companions) to factor in the reduced efficacy of the master. Then allow buffs to effect pets. This would help their Attack and Accuracy situations immensely, and provide them to reach haste % that players are able to. This would be from Bard, Geo and Corsair. And Sambas, like they used to..

Attachments provide a problem in that we are incredibly limited in our ability to slot them. We already are at a situation where we have to omit some staples due to lack of elemental slot or being full elsewhere. While this is true of player equipment too, players have the ability to swap out equipment to suite the situation. I don't know the fix to this one. Providing more elemental slots or more slots to use as level progresses might be a good idea.

(We’ll also be looking into special pet items and new attachments for the future.)
    As for attachments, there has to be something good on show for us to be willing to impede ourselves (thanks to ja delay). Maneuvers are often an objective negative when fighting, they provide fairly insubstantial boosts to our pet but hinder our ability to deal damage. The answer to that, and a boost for every job in the game, is addressing JA delay.

Some Attachment ideas:
    Optic Fiber II,
    Attuner II, Target Market II,
    Replicant: Improve Automaton Decision making
    Ersatz: All attachments act as if 1 maneuver was activated.
    Empathy Box: Forces Automatons to consider other people, enables -ra spells (Protectra), accessions applicable buffs (Consumes 1 Water Maneuver).
    Soother: Converts % of health recovered into a stoneskin effect.
    (I reread Can androids dream of electric sheep. Can you tell?)

One thing that really bothers me, and it's going back to the original post.. DD AI for automatons is utterly terrible. Why is my pet holding TP til 150% without inhibitor. There needs to be more frequent checks done, because as it stands it's not only pitiful damage, but pitiful damage that's intentionally hindered.

Succintly:
    Job Points aren't enough. Players don't have to jump through those hoops, why do we?
    Buffs should hit Pets. So should cures.
    Gear should affect pets more than it currently does.
    New Attachments need considerations in the attachment system.
    AI BAD.
    (14)
    Last edited by Balloon; 09-06-2014 at 05:40 AM.

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'll speak for myself at least that it concerns me the development are taking this route to fix pet jobs as damage dealers.

Regarding the response to satisfaction with current Pet Accuracy
    I think using Alluvion Skirmish and Normal difficulty on high-tier mission battlefields while wearing pet accuracy gear and using pet food is a not a good example of being satisfactory. A non-pet damage dealer or even the master can do this without much effort or food. Just 119 weapons alone with 115-117 gear is usually enough. The same should be for pets, if they are 119, they should hit with the same amount of accuracy/magic accuracy they are being summoned at that a player can easily reach without adding accuracy food and pet specific equipment which makes the master suffer. .

In this response, the dev. team agrees a portion ultimately becomes lacking, but it should not have to be. Why should the master suffer stats at the expense of the pet? Especially when your recent vision is to make pet jobs deal more damage over time than normal damage dealers at the expense of keeping their pet alive. Either the master's stats need to influence the pet or better hybrid gear should be made so that neither side is penalized.

Regarding fixing known pet discrepancies with Job Points.
    More and more the dev. team is going against their own words of stating that Job Points are meant to be a casual way to augment/enhance your skills. Fixes do not belong in this category, you are ultimately saying in order to participate in difficult content you need to farm job points, which other damage dealers do not need to do.

Pets don't have equipment (sans Automatons in a way). Pets also aren't affected by songs, rolls (unless you roll specifically only for pets), geomancy, blood pacts and other support effects like Warcry, Blood Rage, Circle abilities, etc (except Empathy/Spirit Link to Wyvern). The point is that job points especially in the case of Puppetmaster is not the proper solution. Attachments should be the equivalent of those effects. They are not easy to come by in some instances.

Summary. TL;DR
    • Please raise pet accuracy and magic accuracy natively to compete at events like Alluvion Skirmish/Normal Difficulty high-tier mission battlefields. You should only need to summon 119 pets to have a decent (not necessarily capped) accuracy rate.
    • Work on better hybrid equipment for pet jobs so they aren't ultimately lacking.
    • Add new attachments to compensate for lack of the ability to transfer buffs to the automaton for more difficult content.
    • Please stop using job points to fix known issues. It seems entirely unfair given it's not a requirement on other jobs to do so to compete in harder content.
    • Stick to your vision that pet jobs will deal more damage over time in compensation for maintaining their pets.
    (13)

Character
    Xsilver
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    +1 Accuracy per Job point, capping at +10 and eventually +30 pet accuracy in the future is not enough accuracy to supplement Pets in high difficulty content.
    (8)

^Agreed with all that above.
    Please don't make new attachments insanely hard and expensive to come by. Same with nice "pet:" gear.
    Don't punish us by making us work harder to compete for a DD slot.
    (7)

Player
    If you do go down the Job point route (PlzNoThx) then atleast have the job point be similar to Accuracy Percent, or Ignore Enemy Evasion percent.

But you know, main point to take away from this is 'don't adjust pet jobs via Job points.' Fix them first, then augment them with Job points. Please. Thanks.
    (4)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast