Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Mckenzee
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The issue with bestas bane isn't that that it's a ranged weapon, it's the fact that the status bolts almost always procced, it allowed thf to apply statuses which might not have been otherwise available. Acid bolts were wonderful, blind bolts, sleep bolts, and bloody bolts were capable of keeping a skilled thf alive. If alternatives were available, I'm sure people would use them. Bestas Bane is great and a step in the right direction, however the proc rate on blind is mediocre enough that it's not worth relying on for blind. Drain samba is available to those who /dnc, however frequently ninja is the subjob of choice.

While I realize the paradigm is changing for the game, and for the most part I'm quite pleased with the direction it's going, seeing some of the utility that thf had evaporate disappoints me. It may not be a popular idea either, but having thrown items which could deliver statuses would be wonderful as well. A great example would be smoke bombs which go in the ammo slot and inflict blind upon the target (NIN already have kurayami, but smoke bombs or metsubishi would be right up their alley).

Job abilities which perform some of these statuses would be great as well. As an example, Hamstring could be used from behind, deal no damage and inflict weight upon the target. Qiqirin have a move called strap cutter which removes armor, thfs could use a similar move which simply applies a defense down to the target, similar to angon. Eye gouge could be used to inflict blind.

There are many options for the devs to consider, and given their ongoing quality of life changes, I believe that the devs will eventually work on this issue.
    (0)
    Not all who wander are lost.

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    How about that, new gun, new bullets, and new acid bolts. If anything the Gashing Bolt is better since it won't cost an arm and leg. I don't really get why they made the gun the one with Lightning elemental Magic Atk. Bonus +15. Seems like a polearm would be better, but it's nice to have an option for thf.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ulth; 10-08-2014 at 02:37 PM.

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    ?

(0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You must have missed how there is a new 119 crossbow from Incursion. The Tsoabichi crossbow, but that was in the September update. The Gun is the Donar Gun, pretty safe bet it drops from the new Ramuh battlefield.
    (0)

So, kind of on topic, but not 100%. I was chatting with some friends and noticed that THF gets Last Stand, why don't they get access to more marksmanship WS? I mean, RNG is the boss of all, but SAM can use Archery, somewhat decently. And COR is the Gun Guy, but THF also has access to guns and crossbows, and has the same skill in marksmanship that SAM has in Archery... so...? Yeah!?
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    So, kind of on topic, but not 100%. I was chatting with some friends and noticed that THF gets Last Stand, why don't they get access to more marksmanship WS? I mean, RNG is the boss of all, but SAM can use Archery, somewhat decently. And COR is the Gun Guy, but THF also has access to guns and crossbows, and has the same skill in marksmanship that SAM has in Archery... so...? Yeah!?
    Well until the WS overhaul a few months back the only marksmanship WS worth using outside of the Relic and Empyian WS was Slug Shot and Last Stand.
    (0)

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

Currently we do not have any plans of allowing thief to use Abrasion Bolts, nor do we have any plans to add higher-tier versions of Sleep Bolts and Bloody Bolts.

When it comes to marksmanship, the development team is currently prioritizing adjustments focused on ranger. While there is a possibility that adjustments are also made to thief in the future, instead of ammunition, the addition of an item level 119 ranged weapon will be the priority.
    Could you thank the development team for their wonderful logic in giving THF a ranged weapon skill via merits, then brand new 119 gun and crossbow options, but our best bullet was available at the 75 cap days and best bolt is ilvl 100?

Is it really too much to ask to be able to occasionally pull out a decent Last Stand, similar to how samurai can use relic bow and Namas Arrow? We wouldn't be as effective as samurai simply because store tp/meditate synergizes wonderfully with whatever anti-melee function is causing us to want to use a ranged ws, but it'd give some versatility, to a job that in most RPG's is known for being extremely versatile.
    (2)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2