Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quite possibly, unfortunately we've kinda de-railed this thread lol. I need to do some testing of Ruinator vs Resolution. I've been playing with /SAM a bit recently as I've started trying RUN in salvage and WoE, and it seems so far that /SAM is better than /BLU since you don't really need cocoon on the older content anyway, and being able to self-SC is invaluable.
    (1)

don't forget the A+ skill factor on parry either. when playing a job with a B or C or lower the parry skill up is super slow, but with rune it was leveling as fast as my GS was. Same reason I leveled Monk, it guards more often than my pup, so faster skill-ups. although rune is actually fairly evasive compared to the other jobs that swing a 6 foot butterknife. Then again, I have a lot of evasion merits too.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    don't forget the A+ skill factor on parry either. when playing a job with a B or C or lower the parry skill up is super slow, but with rune it was leveling as fast as my GS was. Same reason I leveled Monk, it guards more often than my pup, so faster skill-ups. although rune is actually fairly evasive compared to the other jobs that swing a 6 foot butterknife. Then again, I have a lot of evasion merits too.
    The main reason that it skills faster when you have a higher cap is that your cap on each mob is higher, so the lower your skill, the higher it is from that cap, and the faster/larger your skillups. It hasn't really mattered too much how often you actually parry/evade since they changed the way defensive skillups work about 2 years ago. I skilled mine on THF back when it did matter.
    (0)

Well, I finally got a hold of the delve axe, and with only 1 merit in Ruinator it seems to be ever so slightly higher damage than rampage. Definately doesn't seem to be anything special though, unfortunately.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2