Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Folken
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    no idea where your getting anything pre-adoulin uses 99 as your base level, if that were the case you wouldn't beable to do any high teir fights solo at all due to the first set of levels start at 113 (Thats notorious monster 113, which is stronger than a normal mobs 113), it would be a 14 level difference, and some of the higher ones go into lv145 for unity fights, its hard enough to do sarama(lv135 NM stats) with lvl 119, i can't imagine the penalty if its from lv 99 (Even with the stats from gear it wouldn't prevent the massive dmg difference you'd experience)
    I don't know where you're getting the idea that the area in which you're fighting matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    • Level correction adjustment plan
      • Level correction for monsters’ attack power
        Make adjustments so when a player’s defense is high, damage taken will be reduced.
      • Make adjustments to monsters’ strength via parameters
        Monsters created after Seekers of Adoulin will be made at a level where there is no level correction, and when higher level monsters are created modification will be placed on attack, defense, and stats.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Folken View Post
    I don't know where you're getting the idea that the area in which you're fighting matters.
    for those who want to see the original post http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post395968

what you quote was the intended plan, not the actual update with Camate actually saying
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Now then, just to wrap stuff up, below is a TL;DR version of the basic plan for these adjustments. Please keep in mind that none of this is finalized.
    The actual update resulting from camates post stated
    Quote Originally Posted by NOC_EU
    The attack-to-defense ratio has undergone adjustment.
    When a player's level is vastly lower than the level of the monster attacking him, there will now be times when he will take much more damage than before.

In the event that:
    Attacker's DMG: 100
    Attacker's attack power: 1000
    Defender's DEF: 250

Amount of damage taken pre-adjustment: 200
    Amount of damage taken post-adjustment: 400
    * Simplified conditions have been used for the sake of explanation.

The maximum amount of damage dealt based upon the attack-to-defense ratio is now the same for both one-handed and two-handed weapons.
    Therefore, there will now be occasions where the amount of damage dealt with one-handed weapons will be greater than before.

Level differential corrections have been adjusted.
    Level differential corrections will now be made when an enemy is two levels higher than the player, and will mirror those previously made when an enemy was one level higher than a player.
    * This adjustment does not apply to enemies that have yet to be introduced.
    At no point do either mention everything will be based off level 99, what they said was everything bar new content (From 03-27-2013)will be adjusted (In terms of in terms of level differential)
    (This adjustment is pretty much anyone from level 1-99 (Since most content pre-adoulin is 1-99)
    Monsters from level 1-99 the level penalty is every 2 levels, after that your in adoulin/escha/reisei/legion ares where there isn't any level penalty for those zones.
    However High teir fights and unity fights are based in the 1-99 areas, not adoulin/reisei/escha/legion areas, as such fall into the penalty range of every 2 levels you are penalised. This is based off your Ilv, not lv99 (Unless you are physically lvl 99 or less of cause)
    (0)
    Last edited by Songen; 05-03-2017 at 09:40 PM.

Player
    As far as the level correction thing goes, keep in mind that all of the mob adjustments/nerfs in the last couple years have had the caveat of only applying in SoA+ content zones. Ilvl mobs in those zones (102+ at least) have a static increase each level and are not affected by player lvl/ilvl at all. For instance, 109-119 mobs gain eva+15 per level, and 119+ (not sure if there is an upper limit anywhere, but I've tested up to 133,) gain eva+30 per level. Odds are pretty good that all other stats follow the same pattern with specific "lvl+1" values. I have no intention of testing any lower level ranges than what I've already done, since IMO, nothing below 119 is worth killing, plus the fact that I had a hard enough time testing for the 109-119 range and doubt that naked+ExcalipoorII will give me low enough accuracy to effectively test any further down. @_@;;

As far as the OP goes, I would like to see new riceball options, especially if the AF119 +2/+3 actually increases the effect. I think it could lead to interesting choices at the very least, plus would give my cooking friends something new to complain about. XD
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 05-04-2017 at 01:47 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Folken
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 1
    for those who want to see the original post
    I provided the source of the quote with the little icon next to Camate's name, but thanks for the redundancy. What's the source/context of your quote? Specifically, I'd like to know when it was posted for some context about this:
    * This adjustment does not apply to enemies that have yet to be introduced.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Folken View Post
    I provided the source of the quote with the little icon next to Camate's name, but thanks for the redundancy. What's the source/context of your quote? Specifically, I'd like to know when it was posted for some context about this:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...Version-Update

Thats the official update for march 27 2013, i have no idea how to quote locked threads
    and thanks for the tip on clicking the marker next to the name, i never heard of it till today
    (0)

Character
    Kyte
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    no idea where your getting anything pre-adoulin uses 99 as your base level, if that were the case you wouldn't beable to do any high teir fights solo at all due to the first set of levels start at 113 (Thats notorious monster 113, which is stronger than a normal mobs 113), it would be a 14 level difference, and some of the higher ones go into lv145 for unity fights, its hard enough to do sarama(lv135 NM stats) with lvl 119, i can't imagine the penalty if its from lv 99 (Even with the stats from gear it wouldn't prevent the massive dmg difference you'd experience)

Unity and high tier fights both use original areas, thats why they weren't affected with the escha/reisei/adoulin nerf
    Unity and High tier fights use monsters that are only level 99. Really the only semi-relevant thing that level correction applies to these days is Voidwatch.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kyte; 05-10-2017 at 06:21 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Unity and High tier fights use monsters that are only level 99. Really the only semi-relevant thing that level correction applies to these days is Voidwatch.
    And Trusts. Pretty sure they go off of your listed ilvl.. Could be wrong and it's MH weapon like BST pets tho. :/
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2