Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebekeke View Post
    After having a play with DRG since the September update, using Spirit Link once seems to be enough to cap your wyvern, as my attack is going from 1000 to 1199 with a single Spirit Link. (19.9%) Cap is supposedly 20%, though it will be done as 51/256 or something that doesn't quite work out, hence it being less.

So this is good news^^
    How many empathy merits do you have? If you're at 5/5, then yeah it'd cap in one go. 200 wyvern exp per merit(including the first.) 1k cap. 200*5 = 1,000. If you aren't at 5/5 then.. weird.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    How many empathy merits do you have? If you're at 5/5, then yeah it'd cap in one go. 200 wyvern exp per merit(including the first.) 1k cap. 200*5 = 1,000. If you aren't at 5/5 then.. weird.
    Yeah, apparently I'm 5/5. It's certainly a nice att/def boost, though it's hard to notice the haste when soloing and not specifically parsing the difference.

Time to upgrade my gear now that DRG is worthwhile once again...
    (0)

Character
    Xsilver
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Dragoon is actually a solid DD now, on par with MNK DRK WAR I'd wager. Still nowhere near the damage of SAM, but I think SAM is unintentional strong due to the recent SC adjustments which favors SAM and their SC bonus abilities greatly.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Xsilver View Post
    Dragoon is actually a solid DD now, on par with MNK DRK WAR I'd wager. Still nowhere near the damage of SAM, but I think SAM is unintentional strong due to the recent SC adjustments which favors SAM and their SC bonus abilities greatly.
    The SC bonus is completely irrelevant. A SAM can do more damage in 1 WS than a DRG can do in a WS, 2 jumps, then another WS, or 2 sekanokki'd WS with SC.
    (0)

Character
    Reichleiu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebekeke View Post
    The SC bonus is completely irrelevant. A SAM can do more damage in 1 WS than a DRG can do in a WS, 2 jumps, then another WS, or 2 sekanokki'd WS with SC.
    Not in Incursion.

Our WS damage is significantly closer than before.. and lets be honest, no SAM is self-skillchaining at an event with 2-5 other DDs fully buffed. Not to mention DRG should be spamming Camlann's Torment in Incursion which opens and closes skillchains with whatever Samurai go on the run.

So far it seems that SAM and DRG are pretty equal in Incursion, and then there is everyone else. Of course.. I am talking from the standpoint of Koga and Ryu DRG.
    (1)
    Last edited by Reichleiu; 09-19-2014 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reichleiu View Post
    Not in Incursion.
    Fair enough, I haven't tried that yet. I haven't managed to get enough Acc to set my DRG upon top level content yet ><

no SAM is self-skillchaining at an event with 2-5 other DDs fully buffed.
    Konzen-Ittai

I am talking from the standpoint of Koga and Ryu DRG.
    I very much doubt that non-mythic sam and non-mythic drg are so close though. Mythic has almost always been much closer to other DDs than non-mythic.
    (0)

Character
    Xsilver
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Kozen-Ittai can be 'stolen' by the next WS from any player hitting the mob and 99% of the time it will be during that 1 sec JA delay window if there's other DDs with HasteII/Marches.

Stardiver is very inconsistent in Incursion, it average ~3-5k depending on Angon, although sometimes I get inexplicable 10ks. Att is very important, so GEO makes or breaks stardiver's consistancy. That being said, as pointed out before, Camlann's is better for a variety of reasons; namely because it opens/closes light which works for Fudo/V.Smite.

Also on boss, with AM3 I like to:
    Sekkanoki>Jump>High Jump> Camlann>Camlann>Fly High>High Jump>Camlanns>Jump> Camlanns> Jump> Camlann>High Jump Camlann etc

Get off a lot of light skillchains in that period of time if lucky on DA/TA procs on Jumps.
    (0)

I assume you mean Spirit Jump and Soul Jump, not Jump and High Jump?

And how much are Camlann's doing compared to SD?
    (0)

Character
    Darkchris
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I think you missed the part that said WITH AM3 UP which relates to having mythic (mythic crits only jump and high jump not spirit/soul).
    (0)

Character
    Xsilver
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    No i meant spirit/soul lol

I didnt parse but Camlanns were doing 4500-6000. Stardivers were doing 2300-10,000 with a median of I'd say ~ 5k. In the end they probably equal out but Camlann's has a higher chance of closing/opening a Light SC when you have like 3-4 DDs with capped haste. Hard to parse because rolls/songs are always being dispelled. But when you lack attack songs or rolls, Stardiver does more consistent 5-6.5k with occasional wtf spikes of 8-10k(probably an Angon'd mob and AM3 proc). Though stardiver has a higher dmg potential, Camlann's is likely to either close a SC(if you get lucky and nobody uses a WS after a fudo) or opens a SC for someone else(most likely a Tsusumaru SAM's fudo). X-hit builds are funky because AoE are flying everywhere and often times i jump from 70-80% TP to 120-130% instantly due to capped haste and AoE damage, not to mention Amnesia and mobs running around or saving TP because the mob is <5%.
    (0)
    Last edited by Xsilver; 09-22-2014 at 04:45 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast