Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Giving us our own native +Haste or +Attack ability would be a step in the right direction. The other 2handed jobs have at least one of those but we must rely on a sub to get it and most 2handed jobs sub either WAR or SAM and have both a haste ability and an attack ability(WAR/SAM=Berserk+Hasso, SAM/WAR=Berserk+Hasso, DRK/SAM=Last Resort+Hasso, DRG/SAM=Just hasso, DRG/WAR=Just Berserk). It sucks that our only ability which grants a boost in attack speed is Spirit Surge(1min duration; 60min recast) when a Dark Knight gets the same Attack Speed boost from Last Resort(3minute duration, 5minute recast). A miniature version of Spirit Surge that boosts Attack and Attack Speed that we can use every 5 minutes with a 3 minute duration would drastically help DRG stay in the game. We've lacked 'Attack' for a long time and coupled with the fact that Drakesbane has an attack penalty with no Berserk or Warcry to back it up, its damage is miniscule even with Ryunohige compared to other weaponskills.

In short give us a stance JA already, we have 0 self buffing abilities, when our Wyverns die we're useless and wyverns die when the Dragoon dies. When a SAM dies, in 3-5minutes they're back to full power when weakness wears off. When a DRG dies, they're not at full strength for up to 20 minutes! If a DRG's wyvern dies(or if the Dragoon itself is killed) in the first few minutes of a battlefield, the DRG's effectiveness is DRAMATICALLY reduced for the entire duration of the event. No berserk to fall back on, no useful abilities to fall back on, just a polearm using job with a few accuacy bonuses and half-baked Jumps that deal mediocre damage and give roughly the same TP as a regular attack, compared to other melees which are pumping out 8k weapon skills with their Overwhelm/Berserk/Restraint/Souleater/Last Resort/Warrior's Charge/Blood Rage/Impetus/Boost/Warcry/Hagakure.

One of the things DRG has been pining for a decade is a job ability boost to our attack power or JA Haste that isn't our SP ability to call our own.
    (7)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 07-03-2014 at 06:11 AM.

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yes, please give drg an extreme buff. They are lacking so far behind.
    (0)

Player
    This isn't to say that we aren't gracious for all previous buffs. The +HP/Evasion/Parrying/40% wyvern damage taken were all swell and good for enhancing Wyvern and Dragoon survivability. Wyverns can take a beating but when fighting mobs such as Ark Angels who can do 2k AoEs instantly and do them frequently within 10 seconds of eachother, there's no way a Wyvern can survive that kind of damage. Either the dev team needs to reduce the power of AoEs(why can Ark Angel EV use 2,000 damage AoEs every 5-6 seconds?) or shorten the penalty a Dragoon suffers for being killed with the Wyvern out.

When other damage dealers die, they're handicapped for 3-5minutes. When a DRG dies, we aren't back to full strength for 20 minutes sometimes. That's a huge risk. Despite that 20min timeframe where the DRG is handicapped, when Call Wyvern is back up, we're still weaker than a Samurai or Warrior. So why invite a DRG whom deals less damage than other Damage Dealers, and when they die are even weaker for another 20minutes. What are they bringing to the table? Piercing damage? Rangers can do that from a safe distance and not get hit with a 2400 Arrogance Incarnate. Weapon Skills? Samurai weapon skills are far stronger. Auto attack DoT? Monks, DRKs, WARs got us beat there. Angon's defense down? There's COR and BRD for +attack, such that -def which is only on temporarily, is unreliable.

Simply the fact that Dragoons are handicapped for 20 minutes even after unweakening, and even with our Wyvern we're still weaker than other jobs, is disappointing. If we have to wait 20minutes for our Call Wyvern timer, then DRG ought to be one of the top 3 damage dealers with the Wyvern alive since it's so difficult to upkeep in hard content.
    (7)

Yes, so many likes for your posts. Being a DRG ('cause no one ever considers a PUP ;p ) as a DD is like being the last kid picked to play on someone's team, when other jobs can do it better and there are only so many slots you can fill (or it's better to take less, not more).
    It's really stupid to see the complete lack of variety in endgame options; you can't just pick up whoever is online and go play. I realize other DDs are feeling this pain also, not just DRG.
    (0)

Character
    Vasche
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    DRG got hit with the nerfbat so badly last update by not getting any type of Drakes buff. I'm 28,000 alex in and done with everything else for my ryu and it's barely worth the gil to me to finish now. I'd do anything just about now to swap that stuff to a different weapon because DRG has just about faded into complete uselessness with these changes, even with a 119 Ryu.
    (1)

Hello wyrm slayers,

I checked it with the development team to get some info about what’s on the radar for future dragoon adjustments.

Primarily the team would like to bring out the true value of dragoon as a damage dealing job that fights alongside a wyvern. As such, in the August version update we’ll be boosting the defense and magic defense of wyverns making them stronger against enemy AoE attacks, and we’ll also be decreasing the TP given to enemies by wyvern attacks by enhancing their subtle blow characteristics.

Additionally, we’ll be making modifications so that red lines do not emanate from wyverns when they use breath attacks so you’ll be able to clearly understand that they’re coming from an enemy.

For a version update to take place sometime after September, the team is also looking into increasing the magic accuracy of breath attacks and increasing the frequency in which they can be used, as well as a system that will increase battle capabilities when a wyvern levels up.
    (7)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

All positive at least! Not entirely sure how much of the gap will be closed by these updates alone though, but it's always nice to have a wyvern that doesn't die as often
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    All positive at least! Not entirely sure how much of the gap will be closed by these updates alone though, but it's always nice to have a wyvern that doesn't die as often

Unless wyvern can do 30% of DRG's dmg it's not going to fix anything.
    (1)

Hmmm .... not sure whether to get my hopes up or not.

As much as I've been complaining about wanting the wyvern buffed, the master needs an att buff too. Otherwise this change wont help us get invites.
    (3)
    Last edited by Mitruya; 07-17-2014 at 02:39 AM.

Character
    Aisleblocker
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 30
    I cannot express how i feel on this forum or i will get banned. But you are making the funnest job in the game just awful. Boost drakes or give us an attack bonus pleaseeee. Wyverns suck for dmg and gimp themselves and the drg by doing a worthless breath every 6 seconds. Makes tp gain from spirit link worthless.
    (5)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast