Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Warmage
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99

[dev1217] Geo-Haste - Gildrein / Camate?? Stacking??

Since Geo Spells can not be resisted by monsters, and the effects stack with none geo spells of the same effect, I would hope that the geo form haste effect can like-wise stack and even go over the standard haste cap when stacked. Is this the case Gildrien / Camate?
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raging_Oracle View Post
    Since Geo Spells can not be resisted by monsters, and the effects stack with none geo spells of the same effect, I would hope that the geo form haste effect can like-wise stack
    100% certain it will, barring an oversight/bug.

and even go over the standard haste cap when stacked.
    Extremely doubtful. They'd have to either change the cap, or type the haste as job ability haste (which would only "exceed" the cap for jobs lacking JA haste sources, up to the maximum reduction of 80%), or for it to be truly useless, gear haste... It still remains to be seen just how strong the effect will be as well. I'm hoping it'll be at least 14% base with skill merits/gear, which would give 19% with the +5 bell, and (as long as Idris stacks to +15..) 29% with Ergon + Bell, allowing us to cap out magic haste with a Haste spell from /Rdm.
    (0)
    Last edited by Malithar; 06-24-2014 at 08:42 PM.

I'm not sure Gildrein and Camate stack with Geo-Haste. They will probably overwrite each other if you try to cast them together because it would be kinda op otherwise.

But I might be wrong.
    (1)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Greetings,

Similar to how the same type of songs and corsair rolls do not stack, Geo-Haste will not stack in the event that two geomancers use this at the same time.
    (1)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Kheper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 1
    I'm pretty sure what they were asking was if Geo-Haste would stack with OTHER forms of haste, such as Haste/Haste II or Marches. They weren't asking if it Geo-Haste would stack with ITSELF, which would be ridiculous.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I'm pretty sure what they were asking was if Geo-Haste would stack with OTHER forms of haste, such as Haste/Haste II or Marches. They weren't asking if it Geo-Haste would stack with ITSELF, which would be ridiculous.
    Yes, that would be ridiculous and obviously they weren't asking that because asking would just be stupid.

What they were asking is a question that is even stupider. Does Geo-Haste stack with other haste effects.

Well lets see, if it doesn't stack with other haste spells then it's totally 100% worthless and adds nothing to the job what so ever. In fact it detracts from the job because retard lazy people will want to use Geo-Haste instead of a useful buff/debuff so their mages can slack off and not haste DD.

If it does stack. Wait no sorry, it does stack. I don't even need to use if.
    (1)

Player
    About the only room for questionable implementation is "do Geo-Haste and Indi-Haste stack". If they do, that's got potential. If they don't, well, that's fine (capping magic haste isn't that hard and it leaves room for a second buff) but obviously not ideal.

Based on the track record with Geo/Indi, though, they will stack.
    (1)

Character
    Kheper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Genoxd View Post
    Well lets see, if it doesn't stack with other haste spells then it's totally 100% worthless and adds nothing to the job what so ever. In fact it detracts from the job because retard lazy people will want to use Geo-Haste instead of a useful buff/debuff so their mages can slack off and not haste DD.
    Hey, this is SE we're talking about here. I wouldn't put it past them to make Geo/Indi-Haste only provide the exact same haste buff as the spell Haste/II.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    100% certain it will, barring an oversight/bug.

Extremely doubtful. They'd have to either change the cap, or type the haste as job ability haste (which would only "exceed" the cap for jobs lacking JA haste sources, up to the maximum reduction of 80%), or for it to be truly useless, gear haste... It still remains to be seen just how strong the effect will be as well. I'm hoping it'll be at least 14% base with skill merits/gear, which would give 19% with the +5 bell, and (as long as Idris stacks to +15..) 29% with Ergon + Bell, allowing us to cap out magic haste with a Haste spell from /Rdm.
    I believe there has been enough confirmation to show +5 doesn't add +5% to all percent based geo spells so a little early to get too excited about increases....

as far as the whole stacking question I don't know what to say. For it to not stack it'd have to be very weirdly bugged. Now how it will stack... they could do something silly and make it some weird multiplicative term like the cor roll... but I doubt that so it remains to see if they make it magic or ja
    (0)

I imagine that seeing as GEO can only use 2 buffs/debuffs at once, that this is only even going to be useful if it caps magic haste on it's own....

... and I can't see it being 43% haste
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast