Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Lanselot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Change to tp loss during shield swapping

Is there any way the devs could look into changing shield swapping so that you don't lose tp when shield swapping? Shields should be treated much the same manner that instruments are treated.

Also if they decide to implement this change can they make it so that shield swapping doesn't wipe aftermath?
    (4)

Character
    Niflheim
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Im Pretty sure Swapin instruments resets tp but i have a ghorn so i dont swap a lot and i dont really melee on my bard
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesahade View Post
    Im Pretty sure Swapin instruments resets tp but i have a ghorn so i dont swap a lot and i dont really melee on my bard
    Nope, because old TP sets I made and used for BRD on my friend's character used the Haste +2% Harp for TPing and had no issues swapping between them to sing for the party while retaining their TP.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    Nope, because old TP sets I made and used for BRD on my friend's character used the Haste +2% Harp for TPing and had no issues swapping between them to sing for the party while retaining their TP.
    Heh my BRD melee TP macro actually has the Angel's Lyre macro'd in, but I never found one on AH to buy it lol.

But yeah, I swap through all sorts of instruments when soloing and it most certainly does NOT drop your TP
    (0)

Player
    It'd only lose you TP by changing instruments if you changed to something that isn't an instrument. (A ranged weapon because it has a different delay, or ammo because it's in a different slot.) Honestly changing your shield shouldn't lose you any TP unless you change it to a second sword, because your shield doesn't affect your delay or TP/swing.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    It'd only lose you TP by changing instruments if you changed to something that isn't an instrument. (A ranged weapon because it has a different delay, or ammo because it's in a different slot.)
    This isn't the case, at least for Geo. Can freely swap between bells and ammo items, but changing from either of those to a throwing weapon such as Aureole will make you lose TP.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    This isn't the case, at least for Geo. Can freely swap between bells and ammo items, but changing from either of those to a throwing weapon such as Aureole will make you lose TP.
    I believe that this is the case for BRD too. Almost certain that equipping a non-throwable ammo item won't lose your TP.
    (0)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Would be nice to see this set into motion.
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Raka View Post
    Would be nice to see this set into motion.
    Agreed. 100%!
    (1)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    PLD being able to swap shield would be totally broken, it doesn't happen atm because constantly losing TP would be a major hit to enmity generation, if you didn't lose TP anymore then an Ochain + Aegis PLD would be way too difficult to kill, sounds pretty stupid to me.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast