Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Um people already do that....

And Ergon RUN provides more or less the same level of magic and physical dmg prevention and much much better at preventing breath dmg if only to one element for the magic and breath. But without needing to swap any weapons
    (1)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    PLD being able to swap shield would be totally broken, it doesn't happen atm because constantly losing TP would be a major hit to enmity generation, if you didn't lose TP anymore then an Ochain + Aegis PLD would be way too difficult to kill, sounds pretty stupid to me.
    I think this post suffers from the lack of a universal sarcasm symbol.
    (2)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Um people already do that....

And Ergon RUN provides more or less the same level of magic and physical dmg prevention and much much better at preventing breath dmg if only to one element for the magic and breath. But without needing to swap any weapons
    Because there are just tonnes of Ergon RUN running around. You can't even compare that to Aegis and Ochain since you can make both shields together much much quicker than an Ergon weapon to the point that they are just standard for PLD.

As for the whole TP loss thing, people already swap shields? I don't really see that, if there's a magic heavy mob then Aegis, otherwise Ochain and just go for an MDT set when being nuked, there are situations where you will swap shield midfight, AA Mithra for example, but I don't know of any PLD that are constantly swapping shields midfight.

Look I just think it would be broken, PLD can already sit there in 50% PDT with a very high block rate, then being able to just casually swap to 87.5% MDT all the while not worrying about losing TP so, DD wise there is no threat to enmity generation, it would be cool if there's no TP loss on changing shields but I just think it would make PLD too strong as a tank.
    (1)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    How do PLDs even do AATT without constant shield swapping? You throw Ochain on if you're in range to negate the enpetrify/paralyze on Amon Drive and throw Aegis on when he's nuking you.
    (3)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    PLD being able to swap shield would be totally broken, it doesn't happen atm because constantly losing TP would be a major hit to enmity generation, if you didn't lose TP anymore then an Ochain + Aegis PLD would be way too difficult to kill, sounds pretty stupid to me.
    Broken how?

How does:
    it doesn't happen atm because constantly losing TP would be a major hit to enmity generation
    Relate to:
    if you didn't lose TP anymore then an Ochain + Aegis PLD would be way too difficult to kill
    What about this idea would suddenly make Paladins difficult to kill? Please don't slander a thread idea if you cannot offer up a more detailed explanation.
    sounds pretty stupid to me.
    Also, before you jump the gun here...nothing stops us from swapping shields around to begin with. On many occasions I will still swap shields around during a fight regardless of the TP loss.
    This idea is just to rid us of a silly penalty for it. With reason too. As mentioned, Bards could melee, etc. and swap through instruments, Geomancers can swap through bells and still retain TP.
    So what's it going to hurt to add this feature to shield users? It's not really just Paladin. Can be White Mages, etc..

But hey, I guess we all have our own opinions here...though no reason to make a fit over it and call the idea stupid/flame a thread.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Because there are just tonnes of Ergon RUN running around. You can't even compare that to Aegis and Ochain since you can make both shields together much much quicker than an Ergon weapon to the point that they are just standard for PLD.

As for the whole TP loss thing, people already swap shields? I don't really see that, if there's a magic heavy mob then Aegis, otherwise Ochain and just go for an MDT set when being nuked, there are situations where you will swap shield midfight, AA Mithra for example, but I don't know of any PLD that are constantly swapping shields midfight.

Look I just think it would be broken, PLD can already sit there in 50% PDT with a very high block rate, then being able to just casually swap to 87.5% MDT all the while not worrying about losing TP so, DD wise there is no threat to enmity generation, it would be cool if there's no TP loss on changing shields but I just think it would make PLD too strong as a tank.
    It's a new weapon of course there are less. It's 1 legendary item vs 2 so yeah I'm going to compare it. What do you want me to compare it to a RUN with no legendary items that you can build up in a day? And people overestimate the effort/cost of ergons a bit.

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen though it is certainly harder to pay attention to. But if it was actually as broken as you say why aren't you doing it? It's not like your dmg on pld is all that important. Heck on harder fights I barely parse 30% acc.

You can think that but you are wrong. Outside of lowman and soloing the lack of tp loss isn't going not make pld that much stronger just make it less annoying to swap shields. The only time I've not gotten dead last on an ilvl fight on pld is one time when the rdm wouldn't heal anyone so I was the only one alive most the time and another time I barely beat a rng at which point everyone started examining him and saying there must be something wrong with him and that was with good ws sets and after the 1 hd update and I think that rng even died once. The only times I lose hate as a pld with rngs is when they finally cap hate or reset neither of which are helped by much by having more tp available. And with melees you aren't keeping hate anyways
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2