Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    with thf the problem is the tanks frequently can't hold hate long enough for us to get SATA>>WS off to land it on the tanks, and when we can they are already at enmity cap, as is the rest of the party in battles long enough to require enmity control. So I do welcome any change. but if it is going to be position dependent then I think the same problems will apply that we have now with TA. So I think an option is to do like you already have with Accomplice and the pld ability cover, let us designate the player via a choice, not a position before the ability is used (yes, I know cover does require positioning for it to work, but it doesn't require it to designate who you are covering). That way even if the mob moves we can get the result where we wanted it to go. After all, the mob moving is not a result of bad thf play, we have no options, the moving mob is the result of bad coordination of the party with the thief. So remove that element like you have done (to an extent) with bard when you gave us pianissimo. and give tank jobs a higher enmity cap so we can still shift hate when the DD refuse to tone it down enough for tanking strats to work.
    (1)

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Until JA delay can be removed or alleviated, any job that uses a ton of them [Dancer, etc] will lose too much DPS to actually do their job. It's not worth it to use most of our abilities after a certain point.

You would have to make Steps ridiculously powerful to be worth using with the current JA delay. We already have less damage than most jobs, each time we do another Job Ability we're throwing ourselves even further behind.
    (6)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Just a curios idea to the samba's we alreadyhave out there!?

What if they added a tp samba or added to act as an effect to the samba's we all ready have? I mean even you miss, the samba's effects seem to still land and if they were to give TP boasting abilities into it to raise tp at the same time then we have a significant amount of TP to boot or more TP to use with dnc's abilities and without the downside effects even when they're used on the skellies! I hope you can really read into my idea here and really see where i'm attempting to go with this idea I'm having for dancers using tp up, granted you might end up using a tp wing to start but I hope that wouldn't be the case with what I have in mind for this to work!
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 07-04-2014 at 04:22 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Until JA delay can be removed or alleviated, any job that uses a ton of them [Dancer, etc] will lose too much DPS to actually do their job. It's not worth it to use most of our abilities after a certain point.

You would have to make Steps ridiculously powerful to be worth using with the current JA delay. We already have less damage than most jobs, each time we do another Job Ability we're throwing ourselves even further behind.
    You can reduce the JA delay penalty significantly by always using your JAs back-to-back, and right before a WS. When doing this you only lose 1 second per JA instead of 2, since JAs can be performed 1 second after the one before, and WS too so you only get the 2 second delay after your WS... and you were going to get that when you WS'd anyway.
    (1)

Kari, someone's inviting your dnc for damage output? impressive. my dnc is only invited to boost the rest of the party's DPS, take some of the curing load off the backline, supply some TH (I play /thf endgame, shadows get eaten by AoE too quick) and to pull and stun. any damage I do is strictly a bonus, and I still usually self-SC pretty regular.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    You can reduce the JA delay penalty significantly by always using your JAs back-to-back, and right before a WS. When doing this you only lose 1 second per JA instead of 2, since JAs can be performed 1 second after the one before, and WS too so you only get the 2 second delay after your WS... and you were going to get that when you WS'd anyway.
    Server communication is discrete with approximately 0.3~0.4 second intervals and you likely accommodate that jitter behaviorally to avoid potentially not being in the proper gear, so you're likely saving closer to half a second per JA by combining it with a WS. I'm sure we've all engaged a monster and used Presto -> Step -> Reverse -> No Foot Rise -> WS and seen the monster's HP drop 50% in the first 10 seconds of fighting. Then you engage the next monster and do the almost same amount of damage with auto attacks in the same amount of time without blowing any of your JAs. It's just crap.

As far as Dancer's damage output . . . it really depends. I've done respectable damage relative to "real DDs" against Tenzen or Tojil, but my damage sucks in Ra' Skirmish (aka the land of piercing resistance).
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Ra' Skirmish (aka the land of piercing resistance).
    Oooh, thank god for that, I thought my DRG just sucked!
    (1)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    Kari, someone's inviting your dnc for damage output? impressive. my dnc is only invited to boost the rest of the party's DPS, take some of the curing load off the backline, supply some TH (I play /thf endgame, shadows get eaten by AoE too quick) and to pull and stun. any damage I do is strictly a bonus, and I still usually self-SC pretty regular.
    [That Is how I play my dancer job on Yogorock as well is with the /thf set up] but I also play my thf with the /dnc set up as well!! :-)
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 07-03-2014 at 05:32 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Encore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    We'll be looking into improving the advantages of using dancer as a main job. In particular, we'll be looking at samba and steps which are core elements of the job. - Matsui
    Just as I mentioned previously, we will be looking into making adjustments to Step effects as well as the Finishing Move system. - Camate
    Looks like as of now we're expecting Samba, Steps and Finishing Moves. Thought I'd summarize from a couple of different posts.
    (1)

Character
    Freyas
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Been asking for years and would like to see DNC get "Encore" as a Reraise ability
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast