Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    What people don't seem to understand about the community reps is that 90% of the posts they make are just mirrors of the JP dev responses.

When a dev responds on the JP forums on a topic, the community reps translate it, and then find a suitable (similar) topic on our forums to post the translation of that reply there. You may not notice that this is the case, but it is. If you look at all JP dev posts in a day, by the end of the day, you can expect the same posts on these forums, translated.

Regardless, the community reps do pass on pressing concerns to the devs; we may never see a response, but, that doesn't mean it isn't happening. If we DO get a response, it's more than likely because they are saying they are going to pass on the feedback, or a dev already replied about it on the JP forums.

But, like I said; it's not impossible that we'll get a dev response without the JP side bringing it up first, but, based on history, extremely unlikely.
    The devs speak Japanese, not English. As such they're going to post on the JP forums. The community team's job is to translate our concerns and relay them to the devs and to translate dev responses back. It could very well be that some of the dev posts are placed into areas of similar concern as our, and ours was the reason for the post. But yes, the devs aren't going to have to wait for translations of the JP forums.

Hey Crevox, did you ever join the REDDIT LS on your server? I saw you were concerned with just how much there was to udnerstand about this game, and they are very willing to help at all hours of the day. An LS like that would be your best resource for grasping this game.
    (0)

Greetings,

There’s been some progress on the linkshell feature expansion that was mentioned previously that I’d like to share.

We’re currently in the midst of working on a feature for a future version update that will allow you to equip two linkshells at the same time. We’ll also be adding a system where you can give a linkpearl to an NPC so that other players can obtain that linkpearl.

As we need to create a new chat channel to go along with this system, we are expecting it will be possible to implement this in the September version update.

Once there are more details I’ll be sure to share!
    (16)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    As far as the "equipping two linkshells at a time" idea: This feature is fine for when you need to talk to two groups that don't overlap.

The problem is that if you're trying to make it so that a single large linkshell has options of which one to talk in... well, you either end up with the same "nope, only 64 people allowed" issues as before because everyone's trying to sit in both linkshells at the same time, or you now have about 120 people on, half of whom can't talk to each other easily because they're only in one of the two linkshells.

So: in the process of creating the new chat channel (/linkshell2 or whatever), will the existing limit of 64 people active in a linkshell at a time be raised as well?
    (1)

Character
    Sekundes
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Years ago, I may have been worried about the 64 person limit. Now? Not so much. 64 people is no small portion of the average number of people online in most servers. Though obviously I'd be totally fine with them making that adjustment so long as there are not any slow downs or coding issues from doing so(you never really know with 11 years of coding).
    (1)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We’ll also be adding a system where you can give a linkpearl to an NPC so that other players can obtain that linkpearl.
    Would this (finally) allow players on the 14-day free trial to obtain a linkpearl?
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekundes View Post
    Years ago, I may have been worried about the 64 person limit. Now? Not so much. 64 people is no small portion of the average number of people online in most servers. Though obviously I'd be totally fine with them making that adjustment so long as there are not any slow downs or coding issues from doing so(you never really know with 11 years of coding).
    Assuming that the chat channels all share the same base coding (which is probably a bad assumption to make), bumping it as high as 128 shouldn't cause problems (based on /shout, /yell, and /say all being able to hit 128 listeners, /yell doing so in multiple zones).
    (0)

Character
    Akivatoo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Can you add an place like Aht Urhgan Whitegate hotel ( i mine private place ) only linkshell member can enter it, with guild coffer for share money and craft equipment like all other MMO's ?
    we can dream about so many linkshell improvement to improve the linkell link.
    (2)

Character
    Kharlan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

There’s been some progress on the linkshell feature expansion that was mentioned previously that I’d like to share.

We’re currently in the midst of working on a feature for a future version update that will allow you to equip two linkshells at the same time. We’ll also be adding a system where you can give a linkpearl to an NPC so that other players can obtain that linkpearl.

As we need to create a new chat channel to go along with this system, we are expecting it will be possible to implement this in the September version update.

Once there are more details I’ll be sure to share!
    That's sweet! Unfortunately, it doesn't really solve Reddit LS' issue. I guess we could maybe have everyone equip LS1 and LS2...

Quote Originally Posted by Sekundes View Post
    Did you even read the thread...? This happens daily on Asura.

Also, 64 is a small portion of any server that isn't dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Akivatoo View Post
    Can you add an place like Aht Urhgan Whitegate hotel ( i mine private place ) only linkshell member can enter it, with guild coffer for share money and craft equipment like all other MMO's ?
    we can dream about so many linkshell improvement to improve the linkell link.
    Just go play WoW or whatever generic MMO you want instead.
    (2)
    Last edited by Kharlan; 08-08-2014 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharlan View Post
    That's sweet! Unfortunately, it doesn't really solve Reddit LS' issue. I guess we could maybe have everyone equip LS1 and LS2...
    That's not going to help either. You'll still have the same 64 people, but now occupying both linkshells.
    I'm afraid your Reddit linkshell problem is never going to be solved as I doubt that they will change the whole network infrastructure for a single linkshell group.

Yes, your group is that unique.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shirai; 08-08-2014 at 10:25 PM.

Character
    Akivatoo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharlan View Post
    Just go play WoW or whatever generic MMO you want instead.
    LOL

have tool to manage correctly an linkshell isn't a stupid request, but you probably ignore that.

good luke on your RUN level up
    (0)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast