Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Another...Herb Pastoral?

Ok I thought I'd finally ask, there's sword madrigal, blade madrigal, sheepfoe mambo, dragonfoe mambo, advancing march, victory march....but, herb pastoral....and...? Also fowl aubade...and......? Where is it all? Or did they just not bother because no1 seemed to notice or care?
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

I discovered the other day that I'm missing half of the 'bar-status-type' spells. And I've never ever needed them.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    There are actually some full spells in the .dats that are unused (like Chocobo Hum and Cactuar Fugue). However, if asking for bard updates this would be the bottom of the bottom of my list of things to ask for.
    (1)

Like I said, is that the reason it's been bypassed, because some people think it's worthless? Keep in mind a lot of enemies poison and with at least 2 pastorals all of it might have been avoided, oh wait you all just sub white or dancer so ya just can't be bothered....then you wonder why they mess up so many mages' spells
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    wut?

Enhanced resist buffs for any enhancing class that is only able to put up 2-5 buffs, with all 2-5 being used to actually kill the target faster, or to maintain better efficiency, will never, ever have a place. Specific to your example, Poison. The only time they've really had a deadly poison effect is when it's a high value and it's an aura. Other than that, Poisona. Silly to buff resistance in the face of out right removing the effect.
    (4)

My point is that Bard is not only missing a 2nd tier herb pastoral, but fowl aubade, warding round, gold capriccio, goblin gavotte and shining fantasia too. Yes I realize most don't care to "waste" a song on prevention but you never know they could start nerfing bards all crazy and it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. Now it could be reasoned that the rest don't have a higher tier because they're high already (2nd tier warding round would have to be 90+ for example) but at least herb and fowl and possibly goblin they could give us. As a matter of fact, no I'd rather they gave us 2nd tier for them all it really wouldn't make sense otherwise. What of it SE?
    (0)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    No, just no.
    (3)

As a bard I say I'd rather have something useful added... not this. I cast those spells only when skilling up...
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Like I said, I realize most completely overlook both bard and mages's preventive spells so it's easy to say "we don't need it give us X instead" but all they have to do is change things up like they've done countless times, then what? Then everyone is going to be hopping on the forums hollering all crazy to change it back or whatever and it could all (possibly) be avoided by simply asking for the missing spells. I mean think they put them all there for a reason you really think they aren't going to change things up sooner or later so that you need it? Eh why did I bother you won't believe me until it comes to pass anyway.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Blah View Post
    Like I said, I realize most completely overlook both bard and mages's preventive spells so it's easy to say "we don't need it give us X instead" but all they have to do is change things up like they've done countless times, then what?
    Detail a scenario where using one of your 2-5 songs on a party to potentially resist poison, blind, paralyze, sleep, bind, silence, curse, or petrification will be more beneficial than increasing the damage against the target or providing better sustainability for the group. There's really no way of "changing things up" here. Either the effect is so strong that it warrants removal (-na, erase, meds, getting out of the aura), or the effect is so inconsequential that it has almost 0 barring on the fight (most poison and bind effects, other's are easily cured). The only way these could ever be considered "useful" is if a Brd gets another song slot specifically for a resist spell, and even then, I'd want a carol over these.
    (2)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast