Suggestion: New reward/reward system for Ballista, Choco-Racing, and Pankatron

I'm not sure if the devs can do this, let alone even consider it. However, I was wondering the other day about how very few people, if any, still partake in things such as Ballista/Brenner, Chocobo raising and racing, Pankration, and Monstrosity. I feel like these are things that were either popular when they were first introduced and then died out or just never caught the player's attention. Most of the reason is due to there being no incentive to partake in these things. My question/suggestion to the devs would be along the lines of not only increasing the rewards that you receive from content such as Chocobo racing, but also providing the players with new types of rewards. Different rewards can even be available monthly.

For example: Ballista/Brenner could reward players with rare trusts such as a stat boosting Cornelia, Princess Claidie, or characters from Vana'diel's past (like how Star Sybil is) or dependent on which nation that player is allied to.

Chocobo racing could reward players with rare mounts such as the infamous White Chocobo, any one of the four Sky gods, a diremite mount, Wyvern mount (big wyvern), and others.

Now I know that it's a lot easier said than done. I'm also aware the the devs are low on resources and have their attention on the monthly changes to Ambuscade and what not. I'm just simply suggesting possible ways to make certain aspects of the game enjoyable again.

I also welcome any fellow players to add any other suggestions they'd like to see happen to make these small, but important parts of the game more enjoyable and playable.

Edit: I changed the original title because I felt as though it was misleading and possibly took away from the objective of this thread.
    (1)
    Last edited by Evogolist; 11-28-2016 at 06:17 PM.

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Just as a 2 cents, I've played since release, and never bothered with ANY of that. I currently don't even have a mount for example.

It would take something astronomical to get me to care even a little bit about any of that content.

I would like to see **NM (E IS AN) improved. ECO-warrior. Garrison. Expeditionary Force. Rescue the candy/prisoners. MMM. Meebles. etc etc be ramped up/better.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Ah so you like walking slow? okay There's no reason not to unlock mounts- Once you do you can even ride your personal chocobo without having to carry that whistle around.

Now to one up you, i've done almost everything you've never bothered with and little of the things you listed after.

Unfortunately the sad reality is there aren't enough players to regularly support all of that content. Which is why they took the approach of periodically highlighting different contents with campaigns. That said I'd like to see some of hte things mentioned that have never had a campaign have one with some kind of cool prize.
    (0)

I've asked multiple times for them to make pankraton a bit more rewarding - perhaps with the ability to call a max level pankraton monster as a trust (one at a time - made by trading to an NPC)

No response at all. Heck not even a response to my ask that they at least make shouts reach the coliseum so we can play while we wait for something interesting to come up
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    There's no reason not to unlock mounts-
    Protest. It's so incredibly stupid to waste dev time on lolmounts. By not doing the quest to unlock it, showing them my opinion of mounts.

There are things that are much more important than riding a crawler.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Protest. It's so incredibly stupid to waste dev time on lolmounts. By not doing the quest to unlock it, showing them my opinion of mounts.

>:3 But there's not more important than riding Fenrir!

I would like to have the hunts books be updated or change so the you got something more useful than Evoliths, if those are even still in the game XD Hunting down old NMs to explore the older regions again.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 11-25-2016 at 11:26 AM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

I don't disagree, but the amount of time that goes into creating those mounts probably isn't going to amount to whole lot if it's applied elsewhere, if we're being realistic.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    I don't disagree, but the amount of time that goes into creating those mounts probably isn't going to amount to whole lot if it's applied elsewhere, if we're being realistic.
    Most of the mounts released so far probably didn't require a massive amount of dev time to implement. They use existing mob models and existing player model positioning. I am 100% sure that it takes less time for the devs to add a new mount than create something truly useless like Master Trials at least. ^^;; The magic pot they've been working on seems to be giving them some trouble, but could be something simple like their personal preferences for which /sit emote is used for a certain race. lol

I honestly don't care about which mount I use. I care about instant/JA-speed usage, maximum movement speed, and avoiding agro. EX: 55+ LB quest. It can be very difficult and/or time consuming to try to solo this for new players. Mounts turn it into a ~10min process since you can avoid fighting the NMs entirely w/o risk (and moving between them at max speed.)
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

There are things that can't be done with any amount of dev time due to limitations, so that probably squeezes it onto the list. But hey, you're only punishing yourself, because one person not doing the quest isn't going to change anything. They even made it so you can mount in places you couldnt before. I for one am thankful for cutting the time to run to Fei'yin or through the jungles or to the top of that mountain w/e the zone is called again. What feels like a waste of time to you may not be a waste to others. There are changes and additions to the game over time that I haven't cared for, but I know somebody out there might like it so I don't "protest" it.

As for adding new mounts, in mmost cases its probably a brain dead simple task, just pick an object with the right profile/shape, mark the point to attach the character model to, make the item, call it a day. So the dev time required in most cases is probably next to nothing; there's also the perk of helping players get through dangerous areas for their level like was mentioned above.

(Unlike SE disabling chat in the PvP arena in FFXIV in the next patch, which already has a mile long protest thread because of how dumb of a move it is)
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-27-2016 at 02:12 AM.