Frequency: Sometimes
    World: Leviathan

Occurance 1
    Date & Time: May 17, 2014 - 7:25:45.068 PM EST
    Character Name: Dshsb
    Race: Tarutaru M
    Main Job: Geomancer
    Support Job: Red Mage
    Area and Coordinates: Yorcia Weald (U), the winding path leading past the first blockage toward Ironbeak Inguza's normal spawn point
    Party or Solo: Alliance
    NPC Name: Luopan
    Monster Name: Podarge
    Steps: Upon Luopan death, client crashed.

Occurance 2
    Date & Time: April 30, 2014 - 1:41:07.380 AM EST
    Character Name: Slothface
    Main Job: Summoner
    Support Job: Scholar
    Area and Coordinates: Stellar Fulcrum, BCNM Arena #1, East Wall
    Party or Solo: Party
    NPC Name: Titan
    Monster Name: Kam'lanaut
    Steps: Upon releasing Titan, client crashed.

Occurance 3
    Date & Time: April 30, 2014 - 2:35:04.973 AM EST
    Character Name: Dshsb
    Main Job: Geomancer
    Support Job: Red Mage
    Area and Coordinates: Buburimu Peninsula, F-7, roughly 40 yalms from G-7 facing east on the main walkway
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: Luopan
    Monster Name: N/A
    Steps: Upon using full circle, client crashed.

Occurance 4
    Date & Time: April 29, 2014 - 5:14:48.681 PM EST
    Character Name: Slothface
    Main Job: Summoner
    Support Job: Scholar
    Area and Coordinates: Stellar Fulcrum, BCNM Arena #1, East Wall
    Party or Solo: Party
    NPC Name: Titan
    Monster Name: Kam'lanaut
    Steps: Upon Titan's death, client crashed.

Upon attaching a debugger, the crash was caused by a TEST operation on a calculated DWORD that appears to be adding an offset to a NULL value. The stack trace went through several functions in graphics driver DLLs. The disassembly is as follows:

0F2221D4 test byte ptr [eax+198h],4

When this crash occurs, eax always has a value of 0, resulting in a memory operation on a value that is far out of FFXI's memory space, being simply the offset. An access violation error is thrown, at which point the client will hard crash. Players on my server have confirmed this issue is also present on Xbox-360, and many are effected. This issue first began after the April 8 version update.

The Effects section of the Config menu has undergone the following adjustments.
    -Battle effects for one's pets are now included under "You."
    -Battle effects for party members' pets are now included under "Party."
    This adjustment seems to be the most likely candidate for the creation of the bug, as it deals directly with pets and effects. If there's any more information I can provide to be of help, I'd be glad to do my best. This bug has made it impossible for me to use my Geomancer in endgame content, and the last report of it was moved to 'insufficient information' without so much as a response.
    (4)

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Golly thornyy maybe SE is finally catching on to how much you bot the shit out of everything! whats this the second or third crash on one of your what 15+ "mules"?
    (0)
    Last edited by Tohihroyu; 05-19-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Player
    This issue is present on xbox 360, your wild assumptions and slander have no relevance here.

I am not the only player effected, if you want to cry at me you're more than welcome to do it ingame or in private message. I'm simply posting a bug with as much information as possible so that it can hopefully be addressed in a timely manner.
    (2)
    Last edited by Comeatmebro; 05-19-2014 at 12:22 PM.

Character
    Stankface
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I play on Xbox 360 and i too have had this happen. I was on 99Geo/49Rdm in Yorcia WKR, Marjami Delve and Morimar Delve. Figured i would post here since the first thread was moved to insufficient information.
    (1)

A lot of people in my LS having this issue as well, pretty annoying.
    (1)

Character
    Rosalee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I was playing GEO on Win7 running vanilla client (no Windower) in windowed mode (i.e. selected through FFXI config menu) and was also having this issue whenever I saw my Luopans released or killed on screen.
    (1)
    Current Quest Counter: 2109!

Player
    Happens in khamir drifts delve also...happens alot casting geo/indiclosure spells, BLM nuking does it also. Its been a problem ever since the release of marjami/yorcia/khamir delve areas.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Bump for Camate.
    (0)

Player
    Fix it! Fix it! Fix it!
    (0)

Character
    Leafe
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Game crashes when Luopans are dismissed/destroyed

As per forum rules, I'm posting my bug report in this thread as it seems to be a related issue.

Game crashes when Luopans are dismissed/destroyed

Platform: Windows 7 Home Premium
    ISP: HughesNet
    Type of Internet Connection: Satellite
    Internet Connection Speed: 5.5 -13Mbp/s
    Frequency: Sometimes
    Character Name: Leafe
    Race: Hume M
    World: Sylph

Occurrence 1
    Date & Time: June 6, 2014 - between 3:30 and 4:30 PM EDT
    Main Job: Geomancer, Lv. 99
    Support Job: Red Mage (restricted)
    Area and Coordinates: Yorcia Weald [U], in the large open area near the Bygone Geomancer's spawn location.
    Party or Solo: Party with 2 members, other member was in Dho Gates
    NPC Name: None
    Monster Name: Bygone Geomancer
    Steps:

1. I was attempting the fight for the quest "Saved by the Bell" as part of the quest line for the Geomancer's Ergon Weapon. I had formed a party with one friend to test whether it was a solo fight or if others could enter.
    2. During the fight, I manually selected the Concentric Pulse job ability from the battle menu. Upon using Concentric Pulse, the client crashed. This was not my first luopan to be dismissed or destroyed during the fight.

Occurrence 2
    Area and Coordinates: Yorcia Weald [U], in the large open area near the Bygone Geomancer's spawn location.
    Steps:

1. Second attempt at the fight for the quest "Saved by the Bell".
    2. During the fight, I manually selected the Mending Halation job ability from the battle menu. Upon using Mending Halation, the client crashed. This was not my first luopan to be dismissed or destroyed during the fight.

Occurrence 3
    Steps:

1. Third attempt at the fight for the quest "Saved by the Bell".
    2. During the fight, I manually selected the Radical Arcana job ability from the battle menu. Upon using Radical Arcana, the client crashed. This was not my first luopan to be dismissed or destroyed during the fight.

Occurrence 4
    Date & Time: Unknown date and time in May 2014
    Main Job: Monk, Lv. 99
    Support Job: Warrior
    Area and Coordinates: Cirdas Caverns [U], in the tunnel leading towards Tojil's spawn location.
    Party or Solo: Alliance with 7 members, with a Geomancer by themselves in the second party.
    Monster Name: Tojil
    Steps:

1. Participating in a Morimar Basalt Fields Delve run, we were fighting Tojil after clearing all 5 Notorious Monsters leading up to him. No issues were encountered up to this point.
    2. While fighting Tojil with a geomancy effect from a luopan in place, my client suddenly crashed. The remaining party members had defeated Tojil by the time I reconnected.
    3. On a second run immediately afterwards with the same party and conditions, the client suddenly crashed again while fighting Tojil with a geomancy effect from a luopan in place. The remaining party members apparently defeated Tojil before my character disconnected from the server.
    4. Afterwards party members agreed that it possibly had something to do with Geomancy, as I did not encounter this issue in previous or future attempts where a Geomancer or other pet job was not present.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast