Thread: 360 pause

Character
    Aprian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

360 pause

the pause after zone is normal on Xbox 360?
    (1)

After abyssea was implemented, any armor from then forward in ur inventory will pause the char.... This I know as fact first hand because I tested it myself.. Also SE commented on it a while ago saying "the game needs to take the time to load the data onto xbox"
    (1)

Player
    Yeah, is "normal" but it shouldn't be and is annoying as hell. Is like the Mog House issue as well, you bounce everywhere on your personal Mog House furniture on 3rd view. -.-

Wish they could of fix it but... is SE and Xbox, so probably is wishful thinking and maybe is not gonna happen.

Nevertheless, it sucks the big one.
    (1)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Trust me it's normal and yes it's tiresome specialy with timed events. It sucks when you're trying to buff people and you pause during your macro. I don't think it came out during abyssea just that it took longer for things to load when aby came out. I want to say it started around when we got the mog case. Could be wrong though.
    (1)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Definately older than abyssea. i had it happenin for a while on PC too when i switched over but it doesnt happen anymore (tho it takes a bit for equip to load but no game pause). I had to stop playing on xbox when my discs wouldnt load for whatever reason. there was somethign that used to happen that made the xbox not read the disc as even in the machine or soemthing
    (1)

Character
    Darwena
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    On main account, with secured key code thing, I got the pause\lag thing.
    On mule account, with no key thing, almost no pause lag.
    Both are on Xbox 360.
    Do the extra inventory do the lag thing? I don't know...
    (1)

If it bleeds, I can kill it.
    If it doesn't bleeds...
    I can probably kill it too.

well I know inventory takes into effect how long the lag is. My mule has very few items and there is no lag while my main has a lot and it'll take 3-4 seconds till it catches up. as far as when it started yeah it was pre aby maybe even pre add-ons but not to sure.
    (1)

Character
    Mariane
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    It happens on all versions but on PC due to OS caching hard drive accesses (file buffers and directory file listing caching) and other features for optimization it goes nearly unnoticed.

It's more of annoying on PS2 and XBOX360 because these machines have tight memory restrictions thus caching is not possible (or if it's possible, it's very limited) which in turn makes hardware related slowdowns (hard drive and on XBOX360 case disc seek times) very prominent/annoying.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Joslyn View Post
    well I know inventory takes into effect how long the lag is. My mule has very few items and there is no lag while my main has a lot and it'll take 3-4 seconds till it catches up.
    This happens to me also on Xbox. My main has tons of lag and my mule has none.
    Also I have a lot of lag in battelfield events, but I think everyone has that?
    (1)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    We're not talking about lag but more about when you zone after a little bit you pause or look like you've frozen up for a few seconds. Lag in its self has been before abyssea, but the pause/freeze I still feel happened after aby.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast