Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Forgotten Pleas to Fall on No-longer Deaf Ears

Since recently the developers have brought their A-game and satisfied many, many longheld requests from players (solo Assault/Salvage, reduced Mythic NM respawn timers, increased movement speed, lockstyle, aspect ratio and volume control for title screen, vastly improved AH, etc.), I want to create a list of long-requested desires that have not yet been addressed at all or sufficiently. Feel free to add.

1. Blue mages want to reset spells more quickly.

2. Blue mages STILL want faster casts and lower MP costs for their weakest spells, which, ironically, cost hundreds of MP and take a long time to cast. The "we want blue magic to get better as you level up" argument is vaild in terms of strength. However, many low-level spells are unusable thanks to their MP costs and cast times. Let them be weak, but don't charge us MP and time like they are the best spells ever created. We don't even have the MP at those levels to use the spells even if we wanted to for some reason. Examples: Maelstrom, Ice Break, Eyes On Me, Bad Breath, Body Slam, Frost Breath, 1000 Needles, Firespit, Heat Breath, Ram Charge, Mind Blast, Leafstorm, Blazing Bound, etc.

3. Make the following jobs more useful in group content or add solo content that is worthwhile for the following jobs: Beastmaster, Blue Mage, Dancer, Dragoon, Ninja, Puppetmaster, Red Mage, Rune Fencer, Summoner, Thief

4. Uncap limit points across the point.

5. Make job points worth the trouble. They're currently redonkulous. The pace of acquisition is wack.

6. Make alter egos usable in parties IMMEDIATELY. At least allow three players with alter egos out to form an alliance together. Those things are ruining group play and punishing us for being social in a multiplayer game. What the hey?

7. Add Adoulin and Voidwatch monsters to Monstrosity.

8. Make Monstrosity give very worthwhile rewards usable outside of Monstrosity. Even just things like Alexandrite or Rare EX furnishings would be nice.

9. Uncap ENM and Eco-Warrior

10. Add Jubaku: Ni. Come on, do ONE good thing for Ninja. It's been years (literally) since the job has gotten ANYTHING players want. I miss NIN.

11. Encourage job diversity. Please, for God's sake. Bring back staggering if you can't balance the jobs (understandable given there are 22, but XIV is pulling off balance very well right now, so I think XI can at least even the playing field more). Many people realize staggering was good now that MNK is the only DD in the game.

12. Put some challenge in SoA missions.

13. Make BST far more powerful without breaking the bank. Nursery Nazuna 2.0, where art thou? (I don't mean another sheep; I mean a pet that changes the job for the better the way she did at 76.)

14. Remove JP midnight timers.

15. Allow logs and ores and similar junk to stack. Seriously, this'd be like adding hundreds upon hundreds of inventory slots with no additional server strain.

16. Vastly improve VW drop rates since it's all crap now anyway. Too late, yes, but it would look good.

17. Unban Salvage dupers? It'd boost the population, and I think that some of those cheaters knew not what they did. Then again, I don't know the whole story.

18. Design content that is inclusive of all jobs. Don't rely on players to take along deadweight jobs. It doesn't happen when you make the stakes so high. (Time investment is high, as well as the chance of failure; plus 1 wipe typically means the run's over; this is another case where XIV is surpassing XI.)
    (10)

There are quite a few points I don't agree with or that I would modify, but I'm still at work so I can't type a proper reply right now. In the mean time I'll add one of my own.

19) Please remove the minimum player requirement from missions, quests, and other fights (like Campaign ops.) And add a warning instead telling solo players that the fight they are about to attempt solo is meant to be fought with a group. Say 3-6 months after their introduction to the game to avoid congestion.

I'm ok with getting pwned for biting more than I can chew, but I'm not ok with not even being allowed to try.
    (4)

+1000 likes. You pretty much summed up much of what I have been thinking.
    Here are a few more on my wishlist:
    - Make Dawn Mulsums stack
    - Make pet food and automaton oil stack to 99
    - Reduce JA delay and/or extend PUP maneuver duration
    - Add more species to Monstrosity (Khimaira please!)
    - Let monipulators party together for leveling
    - Increase survivability of pets so pet jobs can participate in endgame without extravagant cost/wasted effort
    - Reduce points costs for BLU spells or reduce what's needed for job traits/or perhaps give more slots to go along with the additional points granted by JPs?
    - Stop designing mobs that only PLDs can get near
    (2)
    Last edited by Mitruya; 05-13-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    they'll never uncap limits across the board. They added the job point system that lets you get everything specifically to let you upgrade things in the unrestricted way you want. Merit points were always intended as customization, not entirely global upgrades. They will sometimes increase the limits etc but you'll still have to make decisions about your character. IMO if we never had to make decisions, then they may as well just give us all the merit stuff @1 without having to unlock it. But I know my opinion is unpopular (why have less when you can have more!), so I'll get off my soapbox and just say that I don't expect this to ever change, purely because they've been so stubborn about it up til this point.

- Let monipulators party together for leveling
    Agree with this, except that they shouldn't be able to party under the effect of belligerency, because facing one monipulator is hard enough, they don't need to team up to win...

I may have a sticking point on merit points (I also don't like them being used as a currency for battlefields) but I agree with most of the other stuff, its all good points.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-13-2014 at 02:43 PM.

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yeah, like this a lot, but let's not forget that one promise always forgotten. Tourbillion and barbed crescent are still broken!!

A lot of jobs are being neglected as of late. Pet jobs, some mage jobs, nin, and run will never be invited to a PUG delve or AA. Things need revamped. Get to it, SE. Start by fixing the broken.
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I would like to see them add new FOV-NM field-parchment battles to augment lvl 75-99 gear, and add new tougher NMs for those new Elite Training battles. And new free-roaming / lottery pop NMs in higher level areas, suitable for small parties or suicidal lolsolo attempts. More goblin NMs would be especially great to see.
    Being able to trade some more stylish new weapons and shields to my Fellow would be nice. Make signal pearl a one-hour charge.
    (0)
    Last edited by Stompa; 05-14-2014 at 09:34 AM.

Ok, here's me reply in form.

2) I don't think these spells should be changed in MP cost or Casting time, however they should scale waaay better as Blue skill increases so they are actually worth using once you have the MP to afford them.

3) While I think jobs need some tweaks I think the problem there are the players, not the jobs. I've said it before, SE should release videos where they beat hard mode fights using less popular jobs and without overgearing. So players can see it is actually possible to beat these fights without going with the silly "X job with Y gear ONRY"

Not to mention in making those videos SE devs will see if jobs really need some tweaking or if it's just player error.

5) I really hope the Job point update makes them worth it. Otherwise I'll just keep ignoring them. Heck, if that continues to be the case we should have the option to actually hide the job points button to save on that extra click when trying to get to the Merits menu. =P

11) XIV's system to promote "diversity" is just bad, restrictive and completely kills the fun for me. There will always be jobs that are more popular than others, and that's perfectly fine. The only thing SE needs to do is show (just like I said in point 3) that it is perfectly viable to use less popular jobs to clear content and then let players choose what they want to do.

12) Mission and quest fights need to be adjusted and the minimum player requirements removed so they are doable solo or in a group. With difficulty changing depending on the number of players entering the fight.

There should also be a way to replay said mission/quest fights BUT there should be no rewards for doing so. Maybe some item BCNM orb style (like the Athena Orb) that can be bought using that expansion's currency (Notes to buy Replay Orbs for WotG fights, Imperial for ToAU, Conquest points for Rank missions, etc.)

17) No.

18) Same as 3.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    Ok, here's me reply in form.

2) I don't think these spells should be changed in MP cost or Casting time, however they should scale waaay better as Blue skill increases so they are actually worth using once you have the MP to afford them.

3) While I think jobs need some tweaks I think the problem there are the players, not the jobs. I've said it before, SE should release videos where they beat hard mode fights using less popular jobs and without overgearing. So players can see it is actually possible to beat these fights without going with the silly "X job with Y gear ONRY"

Not to mention in making those videos SE devs will see if jobs really need some tweaking or if it's just player error.

5) I really hope the Job point update makes them worth it. Otherwise I'll just keep ignoring them. Heck, if that continues to be the case we should have the option to actually hide the job points button to save on that extra click when trying to get to the Merits menu. =P

11) XIV's system to promote "diversity" is just bad, restrictive and completely kills the fun for me. There will always be jobs that are more popular than others, and that's perfectly fine. The only thing SE needs to do is show (just like I said in point 3) that it is perfectly viable to use less popular jobs to clear content and then let players choose what they want to do.

12) Mission and quest fights need to be adjusted and the minimum player requirements removed so they are doable solo or in a group. With difficulty changing depending on the number of players entering the fight.

There should also be a way to replay said mission/quest fights BUT there should be no rewards for doing so. Maybe some item BCNM orb style (like the Athena Orb) that can be bought using that expansion's currency (Notes to buy Replay Orbs for WotG fights, Imperial for ToAU, Conquest points for Rank missions, etc.)

17) No.

18) Same as 3.
    I agree with this; however, XI's playerbase constantly states "Abyssea killed XI; abyssea is easy mode, suck less, back then XI was hardcore" but they only use specific jobs due to the ease of it; despite the fact that other jobs do work. It is more convenient (Easy mode?) for them, hence they will continue to use these jobs regardless of the videos. I have seen these videos in person, but playerbase does not care, lol; not saying that every job is useful for content, but..........it can be done. I do not blame the playerbase for doing this, perhaps it is easier, however, they need to stop screaming hardcore while only using "X" job. I was hardcore in street fighter, meaning I was nice with any character. In XI, I am nice as a nin tank or run. There are job flaws in this game, I am aware of this, however, Run and Nin can tank.
    (1)
    Last edited by WoW; 05-14-2014 at 03:56 AM.

Character
    Nakts
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by WoW View Post
    I agree with this; however, XI's playerbase constantly states "Abyssea killed XI; abyssea is easy mode, suck less, back then XI was hardcore" but they only use specific jobs due to the ease of it; despite the fact that other jobs do work. It is more convenient (Easy mode?) for them, hence they will continue to use these jobs regardless of the videos. I have seen these videos in person, but playerbase does not care, lol; not saying that every job is useful for content, but..........it can be done. I do not blame the playerbase for doing this, perhaps it is easier, however, they need to stop screaming hardcore while only using "X" job. I was hardcore in street fighter, meaning I was nice with any character. In XI, I am nice as a nin tank or run. There are job flaws in this game, I am aware of this, however, Run and Nin can tank.
    Back when it was "hardcore" they only used easy mode jobs anyway.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakts View Post
    Back when it was "hardcore" they only used easy mode jobs anyway.
    True, lol.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast