Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

AM2 and general higher tier nuke balancing

So awhile back SE went thru the trouble of giving our AM and AM2 fixed low emnity which would allow blms to sorta serve the same purpose of rngs but with magic.... the only problem is ilvl staffs highly favor lower tier and it's mp cost, cast time and recast. For example it does about 3X what I can get stone up to but costs 70 times as much mp, 20 times longer to cast and recast is 30 times as long...

Now I'm not saying we need to bring it down to tier 1 spells level but maybe have some ilvl options with some affinity which would benefit high tier spells more than the currrent + magic dmg ones. Maybe make it's cost at least semi reasonable in todays format like idk like 50 mp and drastically reduce the cast and recast....

As it is right now I'm fairly certain everyone notices that people only use T1 nukes because well they cast so fast and have such short recast that you can basically chainspell them and cost so little that you can constantly cast them without worrying about mp. Indeed the dmg to mp spent ratio is so high that with the reforged af body you can easily not spend any mp at all. While higher nukes gain dmg slowly but gain costs quickly.... Now I can somewhat understand that this might be the new direction of nuking lots and fast and no more epeen but I'd imagine at the very least you'd consider AM/AM2 adjustments since the work on it suggest you want them to be used and at there current costs are well unusable
    (5)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    It is possible they had some sort augment in mind with the job point system.
    I really really wish AMII was more usable.
    (1)

Player
    If you have archmages petasos +1 AMII spells arent too far behind T5 spells in damage. That whole set enhances AMII is some way including casting time and casting cost. Please please please dont make AMII upgradable with job points....I'm all for making AMII spells more powerful but the whole job point system is just horrible....should do away with it and put it all in group 3 merits or something.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ang View Post
    If you have archmages petasos +1 AMII spells arent too far behind T5 spells in damage. That whole set enhances AMII is some way including casting time and casting cost. Please please please dont make AMII upgradable with job points....I'm all for making AMII spells more powerful but the whole job point system is just horrible....should do away with it and put it all in group 3 merits or something.
    Wouldn't be so bad if it weren't stupidly slower to get a single job point than it is to merit an entire job start to finish.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    Wouldn't be so bad if it weren't stupidly slower to get a single job point than it is to merit an entire job start to finish.
    Yeah that is the big problem with job points...I just barely got my first job point last week. Granted, I havent joined any capacity point parties, but honestly who wants to do the whole exp/merit grind again? Those types of parties are a thing of the past and they should stay there...most people only have what, 3-4 hours at the most to spend on this game each day? I'm lucky if I have that much, there are alot better things I can do with that time than be in a boring CP party for hours and getting a headache while doing it, at the very least we should be able to use the job points we earn on any job.

P.S. sorry for the derailment, GO GO stronger AM2!!
    (0)