Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    Because people want to deal with the troll that is the rng while harvesting for their things. Even if they are in the right zone it can take quite some time to get enough of the correct item you need for the most rewarding for skilling up on. Guilds and region vendors are not an option for somethings and at times trying to find a shop that sells an item you need might take a while checking various wikis. The time spent gathering the items you need in the amount you want vs the time to synth them while hoping you don't break and loose the hardest to get every single time is not worth the reward. When if the crafting economy was better you could spend less time buying from the AH at maybe a higher price. With not having to go jet setting around the map for a good while. Heck i'd probably have a better chance abusing my mog garden at getting the items.
    If they go to an all worlds ah for [insert whatever reason here] the economies on all the servers will be destroyed overnight, it's simple economics, when you flood a market with anything of value, it quickly loses all value
    (1)

Aren't you forgetting that the demand for items will increase by a dozen times as well?
    (0)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Aren't you forgetting that the demand for items will increase by a dozen times as well?
    Before they made phalanx a common drop from the bc's it came from, it was running 1.5 to 2 mil a copy, more on some servers, now you can't give it away. If they combine all the auction houses on all the worlds NOTHING will have any rarity, everything will become like phalanx.

Someone will see 20 of that high end [whatever] up for 7 mil so he'll put his up for 6 mil, the next guy up will see the last sol for 6 and undercut that, and it'll snowball from there. The only thing really holding the individual economies up are the rarities of items and the value placed on them by the players on that server
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by predatory View Post
    Before they made phalanx a common drop from the bc's it came from, it was running 1.5 to 2 mil a copy, more on some servers, now you can't give it away. If they combine all the auction houses on all the worlds NOTHING will have any rarity, everything will become like phalanx.
    This isn't really accurate. The BCs increased the amount of Phalanx that was in circulation by a ton, yes, but the amount of people who needed it remained the same. Say they increased the amount of Phalanx scrolls that were on a server by 10 times, that means unless the amount of people who need it also increases by 10 times then the price will drop as the supply/demand ratio has changed drastically. This is what happened in your example.

Changing the AH to be the same across all servers however is a different story. You're increasing the supply, but the demand is also rising exponentially because while you're looking at the supply of 20 servers you're also looking at the demand of 20 servers, which means the ratio should be fairly balanced still.
    (0)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    This isn't really accurate. The BCs increased the amount of Phalanx that was in circulation by a ton, yes, but the amount of people who needed it remained the same. Say they increased the amount of Phalanx scrolls that were on a server by 10 times, that means unless the amount of people who need it also increases by 10 times then the price will drop as the supply/demand ratio has changed drastically. This is what happened in your example.

Changing the AH to be the same across all servers however is a different story. You're increasing the supply, but the demand is also rising exponentially because while you're looking at the supply of 20 servers you're also looking at the demand of 20 servers, which means the ratio should be fairly balanced still.
    Let's assume you're right, then why even bother in the first place, sounds like a lot of development money that could be spent on really cool stuff. I don't know, if what i want isn't on the ah or in bazaars I farm it, putting all the servers on the same economy is a disaster waiting to happen
    (0)

So basically you're saying that nothing can have value in a large economy. Sorry, not buying it.
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Same here. That and someone did say a full AH might not be a good idea. So the OP was like ok, but how about a mini one that only delt with things that were not selling daily. Thus it would mostly be crafting items which would be a godsend for crafters on shiva since it seems to be dead or mostly dead. There are days when you can't even buy any shihei stack bound or not. This is also not XIV where undercutting runs rampant. I try to go with the going rate unless I feel the going rate is at a price I wouldn't want to buy it at.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by predatory View Post
    Let's assume you're right, then why even bother in the first place, sounds like a lot of development money that could be spent on really cool stuff. I don't know, if what i want isn't on the ah or in bazaars I farm it, putting all the servers on the same economy is a disaster waiting to happen
    I could be wrong, I am only going by what I know as economical logic. If you've 10 items and 100 people, the price will be high, when you have 1000 items and still only 100 people wanting it, the price will plummet to the point it's not even wanted. On the other hand if you've 10 items and 100 people, but then have 1000 items and 10000 people still wanting it, your prices shouldn't change much as the supply to demand ratio remains the same, which means the item's rarity/value hasn't changed.

As for why to bother, well, the easiest example I can think of is high level HQ craft gear. For instance, let's say I have crafted a Hexed Coif -1, rare item, hard to craft, tons of optimizing mages want this item. Not only is it rare to have one crafted that I could buy on the server but it's likely never going on the AH due to the fact no one on the server could/would afford it and the crafter would have to put it back up several times at high cost to themselves. If you merge all of the servers however you open a much larger market, now where my server may not have crafted one or people may not have put it up due to lack of people to buy it now I've many servers of people in which to buy it from. The people crafting this item now have the same cost to put it up, but so many more people who may be willing to buy it so they should have less issues with putting it on AH as you're not only potentially selling to 20 people who want it on your server but 200, and so on.

Basically rare items would be found on the AH more often, and lower demand items could easily find their way on the AH more frequently since it wouldn't necessarily be a wasted slot.

I admit I could easily be wrong and it could be a disaster as you explain just from what what I know I think it'd be better for people wanting rare items while still giving a balanced price due to supply/demand.
    (0)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    I could be wrong, I am only going by what I know as economical logic. If you've 10 items and 100 people, the price will be high, when you have 1000 items and still only 100 people wanting it, the price will plummet to the point it's not even wanted. On the other hand if you've 10 items and 100 people, but then have 1000 items and 10000 people still wanting it, your prices shouldn't change much as the supply to demand ratio remains the same, which means the item's rarity/value hasn't changed.

As for why to bother, well, the easiest example I can think of is high level HQ craft gear. For instance, let's say I have crafted a Hexed Coif -1, rare item, hard to craft, tons of optimizing mages want this item. Not only is it rare to have one crafted that I could buy on the server but it's likely never going on the AH due to the fact no one on the server could/would afford it and the crafter would have to put it back up several times at high cost to themselves. If you merge all of the servers however you open a much larger market, now where my server may not have crafted one or people may not have put it up due to lack of people to buy it now I've many servers of people in which to buy it from. The people crafting this item now have the same cost to put it up, but so many more people who may be willing to buy it so they should have less issues with putting it on AH as you're not only potentially selling to 20 people who want it on your server but 200, and so on.

Basically rare items would be found on the AH more often, and lower demand items could easily find their way on the AH more frequently since it wouldn't necessarily be a wasted slot.

I admit I could easily be wrong and it could be a disaster as you explain just from what what I know I think it'd be better for people wanting rare items while still giving a balanced price due to supply/demand.
    Prices will go down to match the lowest prices on all the servers for any given item, and with more of the items up on the ah they will go down from there, remember this is a game full of noobs who think 100k is alot of money, and will sell things worth millions for 100s of 1000s so they can get their money fast, rather than put it up for what its worth and letting go til it sells. This isn't real world economics where real world money and supply and demand rule the day, and manufacturers increase or shrink the supply of an item to control its price, this is a game where everyone is out for themselves and undercutting the market by extremes. There are no patents on items here, just stupidity by players, and it will crash the market
    (0)

Player
    This is one of the worst suggestions I've seen posted here and that's saying a lot.

This would be an RMTs paradise. Intentionally flood the market of any item that will sell so people can't generate gil as quickly, only to turn around and sell them the gil you have hoarded away. Want some gil to buy currency for a weapon? Guess you'll have to farm it yourself or buy gil from the RMT!

The changes to server merges have already brought more than enough shenanigans to our economies.

Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass!
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast