Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Niniann
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Obligatory Waltz Fix Demand

I enjoyed a time where DNC was an amazing healer... but this has long since changed.

Please split the waltz timers even/odd, or lower their recast time. I also please ask that the Waltz Potency Cap be re-evaluated. In addition, please have Healing Waltz on another timer too.

Love,

Ninian~
    (4)
    Last edited by Ninian; 03-09-2011 at 07:24 AM.

Character
    Fusionx
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    It's very frustrating to erase something like curse only to have to wait before you can then cure them. It would be great to have healing waltz on a separate timer. Heck, even splitting up Waltz 1-3 and 4-5 on separate timers would be amazing. It's very easy to accumulate TP now but it can be frustrating trying to do our job with it since we're restricted because everything uses the same timer.
    (0)

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I think something needs to be done.
    For a job that's meant to be a Front-line Healer + Light DD, we're very lacking now in healing.

Anything past CW3 lacks utility due to recast timers.
    If I'm on DNC and need to cure, I'll likely be spamming CW3.
    There is almost never a reason to use CW4/5. Only time I use them is when my healer is slacking. [In other words, when that cure is going to be the only cure I plan on using for a while.]

Healing Waltz is annoyingly bad on recast.
    What do you do, Healing Waltz your Paralyze and hope you live long enough to cure?
    Or, attempt to cure and hope you don't get a Paralyze proc?

Divine Waltz II is also bleh.
    Very impotent cure with a huge recast timer.
    The amount of HP it cures isn't really worthwhile whatsoever.

I can rant more, but I think everyone who's ever played DNC knows the annoyances.
    I just hope that future updates give some changes to Waltzes.
    (1)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Character
    Kalisama
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 95
    Yes PLEASE do something about waltz timers. The majority of dancer's that I've talked to (both in game and just about every single forum you can find) doesn't even use Curing waltz 4 and 5 because of the long recast times. Splitting them into separate categories, lowering the recast times altogether, or even introducing us to some more -waltz recast gear (only having one augment in the game for -2 seconds doesn't cut it) would be greatly appreciated.
    (0)

Player
    Divine II especially is basically only a "I have to heal everybody in the party" motif.

I can see separating recasts for Healing and the Curings, but not even-odd, at least IMODO.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalima View Post
    Yes PLEASE do something about waltz timers. The majority of dancer's that I've talked to (both in game and just about every single forum you can find) doesn't even use Curing waltz 4 and 5 because of the long recast times. Splitting them into separate categories, lowering the recast times altogether, or even introducing us to some more -waltz recast gear (only having one augment in the game for -2 seconds doesn't cut it) would be greatly appreciated.
    I'll use V as a backup healer with something that I know hits like a truck, or when I'm soloing and just don't want to watch every damn second of a mob I know I beat handily.

I understand the 23s recast is a PITA. It has it's uses, from time to time, though.
    (0)

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcade View Post
    Divine II especially is basically only a "I have to heal everybody in the party" motif.

I can see separating recasts for Healing and the Curings, but not even-odd, at least IMODO.
    Even/odd would allow us to actually be healers again.
    Right now, we're almost on the same level as anyone else who's /DNC when it comes to healing.
    Jobs that are limited to Cure IV have better healing capabilities than DNC right now.
    Not saying my DNC should be as good at healing as my WHM, but as the "front-line healer" role, gimping the hell out of our cures eliminates that position.
    (0)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

I understand this thread is mainly to bring up the casting times on our waltzes but I was wondering if others felt if there was a way to power up healing waltz (maybe in the new merits that have been alluded to in the past) so that it can remove bard debuffs and petrification? It's not a huge issue but it comes up for me every once in a while.
    (0)

Character
    Kenshyn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcade View Post
    I'll use V as a backup healer with something that I know hits like a truck, or when I'm soloing and just don't want to watch every damn second of a mob I know I beat handily.

I understand the 23s recast is a PITA. It has it's uses, from time to time, though.
    Nod when you can be hit for huge damage and sittting at low hp CW4/5 are for those emergencies fo sure doing ovni solo having the extra hp from a cure is a godsend in my book.
    (0)

Yes please, having to share recast timers is freaking annoying. I hope they don't decided to add '- waltz' recast timer in the new 'merit system' that's supposed to come @99.
    (0)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast