Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    We just need them to lower the delays of Waltz IV and V and split the categories odd/even. It's the most logical fix, and I can't imagine it'd be that difficult really.
    Spoken by someone who hasn't delved into socket and packet programming. FYI this is a shit tonne of work to do. They would need to set up an entire new ID to ping and check for recast, attach what JA IDs are connected to it, remove all those from Waltzes I. They would then need to code in the checks on client side to check for said recasts. Also all Waltz cost- and recast- effects, along with potency+ effects would need to be recoded to take into effect both types of waltzes since they're referencing two different IDs now.

Next, SE needs to go through and reconnect the IDs of all these recreated waltzes to the proper level at which you would learn them. Then this would follow with several weeks of debugging to try and figure out if they seriously fucked something up while making the fix.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I would hope that they could do something as simple as what you're describing without seriously fucking something up, but these are the programmers that brought us 44000 damage Discoids and broke Zhayolm Frogs in seemingly unrelated patches.
    (1)

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    Does anyone mix in cure potency to add onto the 30% cap? I'm not a pro dnc but i'm leveling it for healing reasons and i'm almost sure we can put some stuff on like d.legs with potency augs or does that count towards the cap too?

Also to Urat. SE updates and adds stuff quarterly. There is no reason they can't spend 3~9 months doing so.
    (0)
    Last edited by Fyreus; 06-14-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urat View Post
    Spoken by someone who hasn't delved into socket and packet programming. FYI this is a shit tonne of work to do. They would need to set up an entire new ID to ping and check for recast, attach what JA IDs are connected to it, remove all those from Waltzes I. They would then need to code in the checks on client side to check for said recasts. Also all Waltz cost- and recast- effects, along with potency+ effects would need to be recoded to take into effect both types of waltzes since they're referencing two different IDs now.

Next, SE needs to go through and reconnect the IDs of all these recreated waltzes to the proper level at which you would learn them. Then this would follow with several weeks of debugging to try and figure out if they seriously fucked something up while making the fix.

They've split flourishes into 3 different categories.

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to rename a few abilities and change some values (change "Waltzes" to "Waltzes2", change the recast variable (or subroutine or whatever) from "Waltzes" to "Waltzes2"), the potency stuff should already be in there and doesnt need to be changed.

Only thing resembling a programming language I know is perl, and even I could make these changes.
    (0)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    I would hope that they could do something as simple as what you're describing without seriously fucking something up, but these are the programmers that brought us 44000 damage Discoids and broke Zhayolm Frogs in seemingly unrelated patches.
    Fear of spaghetti code's a poor excuse for not fixing something that needs to be fixed. If a problem arises, you deal with it then. I should hope a qualified programmer would understand this.

Best spaghetti code story: back in the early-ish days of Ultima Online when nobody really knew what the hell they were doing, some random bug fix made sheep shoot fireballs. Origin had no idea what caused this, and after a few weeks of struggling with the problem they sent out a post on their forums to stay away from the sheep that now breathe fire until such a time as they could figure this one out. General consensus was that it was too hilarious to be mad about even if there were some intrepid early-adopters embracing unmatched-before-or-since MPK opportunities.
    (0)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9