Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    That all sounds cool Byrth.......Mind if I join your server and accompany you so that I can get my tokens and ichor done? My only problem is some of the assaults that have constant running back and fourth like the Lebros Supplies. "Let me only give you one piece of food.....worth only 1 point......6 times in a row.....have fun!"
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I only have 18k ichor and 100k tokens left. Otherwise yes!
    (1)

Character
    Momoren
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Byrth,
    =) I actually thought about this but have decided against it on the conditional issue that:
    You have to have a 1-2 mules to leech Ichor off of to run Odin every other day. (2 mules for efficiency every other, 1 for every 3rd run)
    Why not just gather ppl for t1 t2?? Because gathering people for a lower tier is rather difficult when everyone wants T3 only.

So without 1-2 mules, you can't realistically burn Odin for 3k ichor every other run. =/
    Also factoring 1-3 chars able to einharjar, you might as well factor those same 1-3 chars are doing salvage, skipping to Bosses @45 mins per run and farming 1-2 linen per char yeilding the avg 120 per run you can have a mythic every 3 months easy..

With 3 characters though, the game ceases to be an MMO... And more of a Pay to play/win.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Momoren View Post
    Byrth,
    =) I actually thought about this but have decided against it on the conditional issue that:
    You have to have a 1-2 mules to leech Ichor off of to run Odin every other day. (2 mules for efficiency every other, 1 for every 3rd run)
    Why not just gather ppl for t1 t2?? Because gathering people for a lower tier is rather difficult when everyone wants T3 only.

So without 1-2 mules, you can't realistically burn Odin for 3k ichor every other run. =/
    Can farm Odin every single day if you wanted, by buying the Valk items off of the AH. There's a fair number of people in the game that the time they save by earning extra Ichor outweighs the gil they spend to do it.
    (0)

Character
    Momoren
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Check AH on your server, and then try that statement again.
    Some servers are just out of luck.. I used to be on Lakshmi, and buying t1/t2 off AH has never been an option.
    On Leviathan, however I stand a chance at least..
    (0)
    Last edited by Momoren; 05-13-2014 at 06:30 AM.

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    1-6 of each of the tier items on the AH right now, with multiple sales yesterday of each. Falling back on "but my server sucks" isn't really valid when you're looking at the "minimum amount of time needed to build a Mythic."
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    My mule has 85k Ichor still from past runs so I have been using that.
    (1)

Hello, everyone.

We’re definitely aware that players are having difficulties completing certain aspects of the mythic weapon quest such as Nyzul and Assault because they are unable to accomplish them solo. The development team would like to look into addressing this; however, they are currently working on other tasks in preparation for new content and it may take a bit of time before it is addressed.
    (10)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Momoren
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    1-6 of each of the tier items on the AH right now, with multiple sales yesterday of each. Falling back on "but my server sucks" isn't really valid when you're looking at the "minimum amount of time needed to build a Mythic."
    That is a horrible statement which you unintentionally added to this topic that is very much true because the ability to do so, relies solely on the server.
    Stepping aside of the obvious troll post, which you did a great job of.

Moderator* response is fantastic news.
    (2)

Character
    Calipso
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Unless they change the alexandrite situation, drastic changes to the ease of making mythics is probably gonna hurt a lot more than it'd help. (Ie; if it suddenly became a lot easier to complete mythics, but no new sources of alexandrite were released, many more people would start making them and prices on alexandrite would skyrocket. Unless you're sitting on 300+million gil and can buy all the alex upfront, the time it takes to finish everything else is a bit of a non-issue. I'd rather spend 2-3 months making a mythic and spending 300M on alex, then spend 2-4 weeks and double or more the amount on alex).

Speaking as someone who's gone through 2 mythics, plus one on a mule, and is almost nearly completed a third, some things they could change that'd make it a lot less annoying but not break everything:
    Einherjar: Remove the 6 person requirement. Possibly change the timer from 20 hours to JP midnight reset. Possibly give more ichor reward per tier (starting at zero, you need 53 t3's to finish 100k ichor). Possibly add Ichor as a currency buyable from AMAN vouchers. Possibly make Odin V1 not require feathers to enter.

Nyzul: Limit the number of possible lamps in Nyzul to equal the number of party members, with a soloist not being able to receive order lamps or same time lamps. Possibly make tags to enter Nyzul different than tags to enter Assaults. (this alone would remove 2-3 weeks off your total time if you were starting at zero). Possibly add Tokens as a currency buyable with AMAN vouchers.

Assault: I personally don't have an issue with assault/tags, there's a few that are annoying they could probably tweak. Lebros Supplies, Azure Ailments, and Lost and Found immediately pop to mind. Mythics are supposed to take time, and assaults are the biggest time sink.

In all honesty, I'd rather see them make mythics better than make them easier to obtain. Most of them have no stats on them and fall behind their other 119 weapons, and only slightly win with AM3 up. Even something like an equip use that'd give 300 tp that was usable every 3~5 minutes would do them a world of good.

That being said, they have changed some things in the past that have already made making mythics a lot easier...
    - changed the original 50k alex requirement to 30k
    - changed Ein from a 3 day cooldown to a 20 hour cooldown
    - removed the 7 feather requirement from Odin, instead requiring 1 feather per wing and wings becoming buyable with gil/ichor
    - allowed Assault and Salvage to be entered solo (which did a LOT for lowering the prices on alex)
    - upping the zeni rewards for pictures by 10x
    - making T4 ZNM trophies be a 100% drop rate (they weren't previously)
    - drastically reduced the respawn timer on ToAU beastmen kings
    .. not to mention the fact that ilvl gear makes most of everything involved so stupidly easy it's nowhere near a challenge anymore. I'd also like to point out that late last year, before the 3 person requirement on Salvage was reduced and when Salvage II gear was sorely outdated by delve gear, alexandrite was selling for 20k on Odin. Within a month of the change they had fallen back down to 10k.

At any rate, I wouldn't get your hopes up that they're going to lessen any of the overall requirements (make some of the assaults easier, lower ein requirements, maybe..) considering the Run/geo mythic equivalents they just added require Legend in every Coalition which takes 240 or so some odd days :<
    (0)
    Last edited by Calipso; 05-14-2014 at 02:25 AM.
    Playing since 2004: ★☆ GreenGrumpyShieldBardClub ☆★ Lv119: Carnwenhan, Yagrush(X2), Vajra, Glanzfaust, Kannagi, Mandau, Spharai, Mjollnir, Yoichi. Lv 99: Gjallarhorn (X2), Daurdabla.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast