Thread: remove 18 jobs?

Character
    Nelyus
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

remove 18 jobs?

FFXI has 22 jobs, why make only 4 really count?
    (PLD WHM BRD RNG) with maybe a little of MNK & COR?
    Is it possible to make game content accessible to all jobs?
    So people don't ask only for RNG all the times?
    (7)
    Nel.

RNG and PLD were non existent for the most part, like 4 months ago. The job demand changes all the time, you are able to bring any job you want with friends though so try making some?
    (1)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    RNG and PLD were non existent for the most part, like 4 months ago. The job demand changes all the time, you are able to bring any job you want with friends though so try making some?
    Some jobs still require quite a few buffs to to do "certain" content. Examples being run, bst, geo, and pup which all seem lack accuracy or somekind of survivability.

Those Rangers just don't have to worry about AoE dmg which helps them considerably.
    (3)

A friend and person in my linkshell has used RUN to tank every new Delve NM in place of a PLD and has done so successfully. It is sometimes a player mindset, not just a developer issue. Some jobs do need buffs, I won't disagree with that though. If you have any suggestions that don't involve nerfs then that would be refreshing. VW forced people to bring different jobs at the start but everyone hated that.
    (1)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    What about bst, Dray?
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Here's 2 ideas:

1) Don't post suggestions about the game in the "Website Feedback and Suggestions" forum. This is for suggestions about the actual Final Fantasy 11 website.

2) If you're not one of the jobs that are popular, make your own parties. I do it all the time. Being a party leader is more stressful than being a passive member. As a reward for doing it, you get to choose how your party is built. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You either take the easy road and play one of the popular jobs so you can be passive or you run your own parties and choose who you want.

The reason certain jobs are so popular is because party leaders are generally risk-averse and want what is perceived as the party combination with the best shot at winning. So they pack parties with these jobs even when it doesn't really make much sense.

Like Draylo said, job demands change all the time. PLD and RNG are the flavor of the month. I don't remember them being so popular a year ago. I remember when NIN was all the rage because evasion and blink tanking beat the cures demanded by PLD. I remember when people wanted the versatility of RDM (with Dispel, Refresh, Convert, enfeebling and black magic abilities) over the specialization of WHM. I remember when Manaburning with a lot of BLM was popular.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zarchery; 04-17-2014 at 06:58 AM.

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I remember when RDM was the preferred tank in the dunes, Do you even remember the dunes? Do you remember standing by selbina for 6+ hrs waiting on an invite before level sync? Remember level sync? :P
    (0)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    What about bst, Dray?
    All BST must die
    (0)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    A friend and person in my linkshell has used RUN to tank every new Delve NM in place of a PLD and has done so successfully. It is sometimes a player mindset, not just a developer issue. Some jobs do need buffs, I won\\'t disagree with that though. If you have any suggestions that don\\'t involve nerfs then that would be refreshing. VW forced people to bring different jobs at the start but everyone hated that.
    I enjoyed vw procs with the exception of blu's mega list of procs.
    (0)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennotsukai View Post
    Some jobs still require quite a few buffs to to do "certain" content. Examples being run, bst, geo, and pup which all seem lack accuracy or somekind of survivability.

Those Rangers just don't have to worry about AoE dmg which helps them considerably.
    Play Ranger sometime, low vit, low eva, low hp, low def, high enmity, and all the survivability of a turtle on a hot road during rush hour traffic. Ramger has a lot more things to worry about than AOEs, let the tank lose hate during the two minutes decoy shot is down, and geuss who the mob kills, not the pup bst geo or run, they race straight for the rng.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast