Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I think Composure should give a Macc buff as well. It's simple, makes sense, and would be a nice little boon! @_@
    (1)

Player
    with the update to WSs, Death Blossom is doing considerably more damage than before. Anyone with a Murgleis can post some statistics on their damage?
    (0)

Player
    This update was really just a bunch of QoL but there are 2 things for RDM.

A

First up is the Weapon Skill update. While Knights of Round is now completely useless as a WS and Req stayed the same all other WSs we have got a great boost. CDC is now almost always the best WS to use, beating out Req on almost all content even due to the attack penalty still being there(wish it were gone...) and Death Blossom isn't too far behind. With our Mythic Death Blossom may be situationally better than CDC and even if it's not the 300 TP for AM3 and the DMG it does makes it at very least much less a hinderance to the weapon, likely making our Mythic our best weapon even though it used to fall just a bit short of Excalibur. The best thing here however is the prospect of using daggers as a main hand weapon, with this update Aeolian Edge has been doing insane DMG for jobs like THF & DNC from what I hear, while I've not had the chance to test it myself I'd assume RDM can crank out some amazing damage.

B

Secondly we have the new augments for WK gear. At first glance this seems like a minor thing, but this is actually quite amazing for us. Before this update it was a pain to use Buremte Gloves with our TP Accuracy set due to Haste issues unless you had perfect gear, but with the ability to add DEX & Haste to these hands you're looking at a pair of gloves that more easily cap Haste and provide the most Accuracy in the hand slot we can possibly get. Similar to this if doing any old content the new daggers we were given can be augmented with Occasionally Attacks Twice which seems to be near 40% I hear and would easily be our best offhand in any content where the accuracy isn't dragging us down. I've not had a chance to look at all pieces of gear with all augment combos but I'm sure there are many great setups you can choose that will make this gear an asset in the end.

Secret awesome stuff!

From what I hear Haste II is in the .dats too, and we just saw new spells for PLD & NIN. Fingers crossed people, fingers... crossed!
    (1)

Player
    you sure an OAT dagger is better than mandau offhand?
    (0)

Player
    100%? No, but I'm fairly confident that the extra attacks/TP gain would make it better if Accuracy isn't an issue. I personally don't see much use for items like that either way so I've no plans to get it but it seems like it'd be quite amazing if you do that kinda content. I still don't quite understand the OAT & DA/TA relationship entirely so if DA interferes with it too much or vice versa it's likely not better due to our high DA from Temper alone. That's about the only thing I think might drag it down, the additional 40% attacks seems like it'd be more useful than the DMG or Atk due to the fact that on lower end content you're going to be throwing down 5~6k WSs without a hitch and the additional En-spell procs that come with the additional attacks.

If someone who knows more about the OAT/DA relationship could explain it then it'd be easier to say for sure, but outside of that unless the OAT and DA conflict too much I'd say it's better than Mandau on lower end content, yes. Anything level 119+ I wouldn't use it due to Accuracy.
    (0)

Character
    Rivicus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm curious of how the new daggers pan-out in mainhand and what augments might be good for that as well, I have yet to get one to drop thought. I've been running Xiuleato off-hand and the OAT seems decent enough when acc isn't an issue.
    (0)

Player
    this just in for the early July update:

"Job adjustments will also make a splash, including an arsenal of new spells for red mages, such as Haste II"

and from Camate:

"Indeed, Haste II is on the way for red mage, but that’s not all we're adding! Other types of new enhancing magic spells as well as enfeebling magic spells will be added for red mage in the July version update.

Of the spells that will be added, there will be effects that lower the physical and magical evasion of enemies, which will make them resist less and increase your hit rate."
    (2)
    Last edited by Protey; 06-21-2014 at 03:28 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Gildrein View Post
    [dev1217] Job Adjustments
    Red Mage
    The following spells will be added.
    Haste II (Lv. 96, Recast time: 20 sec.)
    Increases target's attack speed.
    Distract (Lv. 35, Recast time: 10 sec.)
    Reduces target's physical evasion.
    Distract II (Lv. 85, Recast time: 10 sec.)
    Reduces target's physical evasion.
    Frazzle (Lv. 42, Recast time: 10 sec.)
    Reduces target's magic evasion.
    Frazzle II (Lv.92, Recast time: 10 sec.)
    Reduces target's magic evasion.
    Flurry (Lv. 48, Recast time: 10 sec.)
    Increases target's ranged attack speed.
    Flurry II (Lv. 96, Recast time: 10 sec.)
    Increases target's ranged attack speed.
    Happiness.
    (3)

Character
    Rivicus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Well, these updates will definitely give us our support job status back. Don't really help us much on the front lines, but they don't necessarily hinder us in that aspect ether. These spells will allow us to be more universal in existing content. I like that they took the time to give us spells pre-99 as well. As these will help rdm during leveling as well.
    (1)

I hope they can be used with Accession, so we can see Arrow burns back into the game. XD
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast