Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Archedian
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

So... Ohtas give +10 Automaton Regain? We really doing this again?

So were you guys around when they added Burattinaios? Back when it was +10% Automaton TP Regain and not the current day 1% regain. Many PUPs didn't quite get to experience this insane era of god-status, but guess what, it's back. If you haven't had the chance please visit BGwiki for the following 'LOL' moment:

Ohtas
    (Hand-to-Hand)All Races
    DMG:+93 Delay:+54
    Hand-to-Hand Skill +242
    Guarding skill +242
    Magic Accuracy skill +188 Enmity -10
    Automaton: Refresh: +1 Regain +10
    Lv.99 <Item level: 119>

... I really don't know how to feel about this. Should I quit? Should I conquer Vana'diel? All I can tell you is that if this isn't another one of game developer's infamous typos, this says a lot about the direction the game is going in. I honestly am all for making Puppetmaster a overpowered job. If anyone knows me from Fenrir, all I do is talk about Puppetmaster, so bring on the 10% regain... But what happens when they decide to start giving every job 10% regain? then 100% then 300% regain. The game is definitely evolving and I can't tell if I like it yet.

Comments? Concerns? Or simply will you comfort me because I think I'm having a panic attack.
    (2)

Because giving one particular pet regain is the same as giving all 22 jobs regain, am I right?

You're jumping to conclusions. There is nothing to support the idea that they will give regain to everyone all the time. Maybe they'll give it to all pets, but even that is pure speculation.
    (1)

Character
    Elvyn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    If I remember correctly the other PUP Regain H2H also had an initial +10 Regain that was later nurfed to +1 (Most likly due to SMN's or BST's QQing). At the time (Aby Time!) I agreed that it was to much, combined with Atma's etc Sharpy could poop out a ws every 6 seconds almost.

But that was a long time ago and a different level of content. With so much Store TP/DA/TA/QA gear around for other jobs I don't personally see a problem with this. Lets face it even with this chances are we wont be getting /sh's for PUP in VD Endgame content anytime soon. So I personally, am going to go forth and ws the shiz outta everything that moves!

Also yes... yes you are having a panic attack.

Edit: Looks like SE its just being idiots about the wording again. It's been mentioned a couple times: SE is opting to display the hidden decimal by treating TP as base-1000 instead of base-100 now. So the Regain on Polyhymnia and Ohtas will be equivalent to what you think of as 1 TP per tick and the TP Bonus for Hangaku-no-Yumi will be equivalent to what it was on Hagun (for instance). - Quote from someone on XIAH
    (1)
    Last edited by Elvyn; 04-08-2014 at 06:46 AM.
    :O Destiny's Child Reformed!

Character
    Archedian
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvyn View Post
    [S]
    Edit: Looks like SE its just being idiots about the wording again. It's been mentioned a couple times: SE is opting to display the hidden decimal by treating TP as base-1000 instead of base-100 now. So the Regain on Polyhymnia and Ohtas will be equivalent to what you think of as 1 TP per tick and the TP Bonus for Hangaku-no-Yumi will be equivalent to what it was on Hagun (for instance). - Quote from someone on XIAH
    I got to admit, I'm a bit sad about this although I kind of seen that coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Because giving one particular pet regain is the same as giving all 22 jobs regain, am I right?

You're jumping to conclusions. There is nothing to support the idea that they will give regain to everyone all the time. Maybe they'll give it to all pets, but even that is pure speculation.
    I was definitely jumping to conclusions, but I meant it more in a comical way and not really on a serious note. However,I don't think it was too crazy to infer that as a possibility. Honestly Elvyn just kind sorted out the confusion of 10 = 1 now, but honestly I don't think it'd be too far off the imagine that Square Enix might start using TP regain in the future to bring ffxi to the 'next level'.

Well it was fun while it lasted...
    (0)

They mentioned a while back the wording on armor when it comes to regen and TP bonus is adding decimals. I.E TP Bonus +1000 is TP Bonus + 100.0

Regain+10 is Regain+1.0

They're looking into making it less confusing or something idk been too long theseweaponsallsuck
    (1)

They don't all suck lol
    (0)

Yah, I'm sure at least 5% of them are decent.
    (0)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I saw this weapon. I also saw the arguments about SE saying if a weapon has "X Ability" +10 it really means +1 and stuff. But then I look again, and I'm going to BOLD the part that makes me go "hmmmmm"

Quote Originally Posted by Shinron-PUP View Post
    Ohtas
    (Hand-to-Hand)All Races
    DMG:+93 Delay:+54
    Hand-to-Hand Skill +242
    Guarding skill +242
    Magic Accuracy skill +188 Enmity -10
    Automaton: Refresh: +1 Regain +10
    Lv.99 <Item level: 119>
    So, if the Regain on this weapon truly is +1 tp/tic, as everyone is arguing that it is, then why is there Refresh +1 on it too? Do you mean to tell me the Automaton will only have a 0.1 mp/tic refresh? I am of the opinion that the Regain truly is 10 tp/tic based on the fact there is "Refresh +1" on the very same weapon.

And Shinron, before you quit, you should join my Pet Job LS on Shiva. We've got PUPs!
    (0)

Because refresh doesn't work in decimals like TP does, and was explained to us why by SE (though we already knew). You can't have 1.3MP/tic, You can have 1, or you can have 2.

Where as TP works in decimals. 100.0 is 100% TP, But you can have 100.3, 100.5, etc... So forth.

Its really rather simple. On old weapons it was always +1 without the decimal, but with the new weapons, regarding specifically TP, not regen/refresh/etc, Its showing the extra decimal value, but without the period (I.e showing 10 instead of 1.0) because of some technical issues, But SE is doing this now because of something... I forgot that detail.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Siviard View Post
    I saw this weapon. I also saw the arguments about SE saying if a weapon has "X Ability" +10 it really means +1 and stuff. But then I look again, and I'm going to BOLD the part that makes me go "hmmmmm"

So, if the Regain on this weapon truly is +1 tp/tic, as everyone is arguing that it is, then why is there Refresh +1 on it too? Do you mean to tell me the Automaton will only have a 0.1 mp/tic refresh? I am of the opinion that the Regain truly is 10 tp/tic based on the fact there is "Refresh +1" on the very same weapon.

And Shinron, before you quit, you should join my Pet Job LS on Shiva. We've got PUPs!
    so that they are useful whether you are using a ranged, melee or DD frame? I kind of like that, having to have multiple weapons to properly use different autos has always annoyed me. So fix them SE, add Regen +1 as well please? oh, wait, they aren't broken, ADD regen +1 please?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast