Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

xinput support finally but....

okay so they finally added xinput controller support but it seems to ignore the button configuration. this would be fine if the configuration it uses was just like the xbox 360 configuration. has anybody else noticed this?

all the buttons work but button A and B are reversed and I cant figure a way to swap them.
    if anyone has a configuration solution that doesnt envolve switching to directinput drivers that would be cool

note: nevermind this seems to be a known issue already.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...king-correctly
    (0)
    Last edited by wildsprite; 11-15-2015 at 07:57 PM.
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yeah. I've heard some people can configure the buttons just fine and others can't get it to work.
    (0)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Yeah. I've heard some people can configure the buttons just fine and others can't get it to work.
    I can still use my directinput setup without any issues. I would rather not have to swap drivers though ~sighs~ them finally adding xinput support had me excited too :/

I really do not understand the logic of hard coding their xinputdll.dll files.
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by wildsprite View Post
    I can still use my directinput setup without any issues. I would rather not have to swap drivers though ~sighs~ them finally adding xinput support had me excited too :/

I really do not understand the logic of hard coding their xinputdll.dll files.
    I think they just copypasted the Xbox 360 code. Remember that the Xbox 360 uses a stripped down version of DirectX 9 with all of the backwards comparability and bug checking removed.

Oh snap I just thought of something. If the 360 is using DirectX 9 and doesn't have previous versions of D3D that means it must be using D3D9. They should transfer that code and finally ditch D3D8 on the PC client.
    (1)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    I think they just copypasted the Xbox 360 code.
    okay that explains the hard coding of the file but not why we didnt get the US layout since the US XB360 controller layout mimics the US PS2 layout. which should have A as confirm and B as cancel

Oh snap I just thought of something. If the 360 is using DirectX 9 and doesn't have previous versions of D3D that means it must be using D3D9. They should transfer that code and finally ditch D3D8 on the PC client.
    would certainly solve a lot of graphics issues
    (0)
    Last edited by wildsprite; 11-24-2015 at 02:03 AM.

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    sorry to necrobump my thread.
    okay so they closed the post linked in the OP, can anbody confirm if the issue is actually fixed or not?
    I cannot because my sub isnt active at the moment, though me and a friend are considering resubbing next month.

to clerify I'm asking is the xinput controller config now at NA/EU config? can we configure it ourselves if we want? can anybody confirm these points please?
    (0)

Player
    The button config is now correct, but I haven't tried actually changing buttons from the default setup so I can't confirm that that works.
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Talraen View Post
    The button config is now correct, but I haven't tried actually changing buttons from the default setup so I can't confirm that that works.
    It always worked the problem was that you couldn't reconfigure the buttons.
    (0)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Talraen View Post
    glad to hear this, I hope they can be reconfigured now because my friend who has limited movement had his controller configured just for him.

It always worked the problem was that you couldn't reconfigure the buttons.
    it wasn't whether it worked or not it was the fact that it was the incorrect layout and you could not reconfigure
    (0)