Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I don't make a more elaborate translation because my english/japanese levels would make it way too slow as there are words I don't know in one language or the other, but you should get a good idea of what that was about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnejing View Post
    Seems like there's some restriction and posts about on calling alter egos in parties, could we get some translations?
    A) It's bout the "Calling Faith (Trust) in a party" from the other day.
    They say that while in the future they want to make it possible for anyone in the party to call Trusts in the June version update only the leader will be able to call them while in a party.
    (The 6 member limit for the party will still apply)

They are working on allowing anyone to call Trust, but it is restricted to the party leader for now because they found a problem with the system, and they would like to see how things go with this first.

The party leader will be able to call Trusts 120 seconds after they last invited someone into the party.

B) It's about some questions they received.
    Q: How it will work if the party leader leaves and Trusts are out.
    A: After a new party leader is selected the new leader can call Trusts back.

Q: About the new leader being able to call Trusts if there is a leader change.
    A: Yes, the new leader will be able to call Trusts right away.

Q: About when or what will make Trusts will disappear
    A: First if you are invited to a party and there are Trusts already out they will return.
    In addition Trusts will return after a change has occurred in the party, like disbanding party, kicking a member out or Level Syncing.

And finally because of this it is recommended to first invite all the players and then fill the empty spots with Trusts. In order to ensure the party will run smoothly. (Also known as use your common sense dummy =P )

----

And that's about it.
    (1)

Greetings,

As announced previously, we will be making it possible to summon alter egos while in parties with other players.

A feature where any party member can summon an alter ego to the party is currently in development for the future, but for the June version update it will only be possible for the party leader to summon an alter ego. (The maximum party size will still be 6 members and alter egos as well as adventuring fellows will count towards this number.)

After a party leader invites someone to the party, it will become possible to summon an alter ego once 120 seconds has passed. While we had planned on initially making it so anyone can summon alter egos to the party, there was a bug with this system and we’d like to monitor this feature in it limited state for a while.

Now then, for some question and answers for this feature…

What happens when the party leader changes?
    If you transfer leader to another party member, the original party leader’s alter egos will all return.

Will the new leader be able to summon alter egos?
    Yes, they can be summoned right away.

Are there any other times summoned alter egos will return?
    Summoned alter egos will return if any of the following occurs:
    • You invite another player to the party.
    • You disband the party.
    • You remove a member.
    • You initiate level sync.

So does that mean we can’t summon alter egos while we are level synced?
    Correct, it will not be possible to summon alter egos while you are level synced. However, this is something that we would like to do in the future and we will be looking into addressing this.

Will it be possible for the leader to summon an alter ego in the midst of battle?
    Similar to when you are solo, if you have enmity towards any monster it will not be possible to summon alter egos.

Will anything be changed in regards to when an alter ego begins to participate in battle? For example, if the party leader is a back line job, will they have to run to the monster and melee attack them just to get the alter ego into the fight?
    Just like when you are solo, the player who summons the alter ego will have to perform a regular attack on the monster for an alter ego to hop into the fight. With that said, it would be a wise decision to delegate this task to a front line job to make it easier.

If the leader dies, will the alter ego return?
    Again, just like when you are solo, alter egos will return as soon as the leader is knocked out. Save for a couple of exceptions, alter egos will essentially function the same as they would if you were solo.

Please note, however, that these restrictions are in place for the June version update and there is a possibility that we change various aspects moving forward to improve Trust usability.
    (5)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Welcome back Camate. And how was E3?
    (0)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    More important, did Camate bring us gifts? =D
    (0)

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    This probably explains a lot: https://twitter.com/mattalos/status/...863424/photo/1
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Mnejing View Post
    LOL...it sure does. I'm glad to be back safe and sound!
    (1)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

So... Gifts?

A bunch of new scenarios to complete the sets and some news about XV would be a good start.
    (0)

Character
    Angrykitty
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Hello Camate,

This alter-egos thing is great... However, there's another issue that needs to be addressed and if it belongs in another tag, please let me know. Message follows:

How about un-bottle-necking FFXI by making delve an open battlefield (and other battlefields) like WKR so more casual players can participate in them without being excluded. First off, I'm not going to pay 6,000,000 gil to a group of people I don't even know just so I can get a win for delve or AA. Then have every attempt at me forming my own group to be sabotaged by the same group of people selling those wins. These groups will join delve and AA groups in key positions intentionally, then purposely KO themselves, and tell everyone that its too difficult with the current group set-up and that their LINKSHELL is willing to sell wins for 6-10 million gil (negotiable). I am sick and tired of this. Please address this issue and make it fair for all of us to participate in these battlefields. Make this game enjoyable again for those of us with full-time careers so we can advance in this game too. We shouldn't be penalized by groups of people by not having enough time set aside to advance in a system that's totally gear based. Thank you.
    (7)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Please note, however, that these restrictions are in place for the June version update and there is a possibility that we change various aspects moving forward to improve Trust usability.
    I sure hope this is the case because as it is now, that's a ton of restrictions for a system that should be as seamless as possible. Partying with others in itself should be as seamless and organic as possible as well (maybe some kind of variation on the Reive mechanics except we're also auto-grouped together in a party/alliance when we start certain X event and then auto-disbanded once it's over?).

But, anyway, I don't want to be in the middle of fighting an NM, let's say, and someone else comes along and and wants to join with me. As it is now, I'm going to lose my Trusts and not be able to re-summon them. The whole point of partying with Trusts + PCs is that there's supposed to be no downside to inviting someone to your party should you happen to run into someone doing the same thing as you.
    (1)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cfpeJGwi2KhQjNvCkk5Cg

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Summoned alter egos will return if any of the following occurs:
    • You invite another player to the party.
    • You disband the party.
    • You remove a member.
    • You initiate level sync.
    Does this include if someone DC's? Because that wouldn't be ideal....
    (1)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 06-14-2014 at 04:02 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast