Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    While a nice idea, if it's lvl 30 then noone plays RUN anymore, and you just use MNK/RUN as default. People are already doing this anyway but this would just increase it.
    (0)

I was actually thinking...if they made Rune Sentinel-esque (like in ffxiii) for magic and made one of the other tanks Sentinel-esque for physical damage then other jobs would easily be more invited, as long as they weren't too gimped. Ah but more than Likely SE would ruin it somehow, like make it only block 25% for the party or something dumb like that.
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

So, RUN is supposed to tank, yet when you look at the 10 pieces of 119 JSE (AF + Relic) only 1 of them gives any enmity +.... WTF gives SE?????
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    They want RuNs to use those JAs that's what. Lol though seriously idk if they know what exactly they are trying to do with the newest two jobs.
    (0)

If they want us to use the new JAs to keep hate then they need to learn what everyone is doing with a BRD in every party all of the time.

(Hint SE: Every other job is capping delay reduction. Using JAs under these circumstances leaves you with less enmity than those that keep swinging and WSing)
    (1)

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Old thread, I know, but I'm having similar issues leveling RUN. It's ostensibly a tank, but my best armor is stuff BST or DRG can use, no native tools for enmity, and no defensive skills to speak of except elemental resistance. I know if I dared to try and tank as this in an old-school pre-abyssea xp party I'd get ripped to shreds, and currently my trusts steal hate constantly unless I'm /war for provoke.

I'm only level 40 at the moment, but it seems silly that a supposed tank is no more defensive than any other DD/WAR.
    (0)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Um Run has the best native hate tools in the game outside of maybe blu.... especially now that dmg enmity has taken such a hit if trusts are easily taking hate away from it then they would have an even easier time against a pld if you played them the same
    (0)

the problem with run tanks is they made a tank for a limited pool of prey, basically magic users who concentrate on 1-2 elements. in those instances they are very effective, elsewhere not so much. it's difficult to effectively tank anything else on rune. Strangely however, Amchuchu trust IS an effective tank, and would be even better if he ever used his WS. But pld can be almost as effective against magic and is easier to run as a tank. Rune tanking is akin workwise to tanking on dancer in the current hate system, it can be done but expect to mash ALOT of buttons.

at your level concentrate on worms, elementals and certain prey whose TP moves stick to 1 or 2 elements for damage. subbing whm or rdm allows you to cure for holding hate, but you need to be fast on the draw, trusts will otherwise beat you to the cure. if you are playing with other PLAYERS they will need to modify their play if they expect you to try to hold hate. old school SATA with a thf is not out of the question either but note the nerf to enmity from damage done. one thing, you will need a refresher if you plan to tank at all levels, rune can't keep pace with the casting they need to do, even after they get refresh if trying to hold hate.
    (0)

Character
    Darthmaull
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    the problem with run tanks is they made a tank for a limited pool of prey, basically magic users who concentrate on 1-2 elements. in those instances they are very effective, elsewhere not so much. it's difficult to effectively tank anything else on rune. Strangely however, Amchuchu trust IS an effective tank, and would be even better if he ever used his WS. But pld can be almost as effective against magic and is easier to run as a tank. Rune tanking is akin workwise to tanking on dancer in the current hate system, it can be done but expect to mash ALOT of buttons.

at your level concentrate on worms, elementals and certain prey whose TP moves stick to 1 or 2 elements for damage. subbing whm or rdm allows you to cure for holding hate, but you need to be fast on the draw, trusts will otherwise beat you to the cure. if you are playing with other PLAYERS they will need to modify their play if they expect you to try to hold hate. old school SATA with a thf is not out of the question either but note the nerf to enmity from damage done. one thing, you will need a refresher if you plan to tank at all levels, rune can't keep pace with the casting they need to do, even after they get refresh if trying to hold hate.
    No. Just no. Rune if played to tank and not like a job with a 2 handed weapon using /Sam it can hold hate quite fine. /Nin for anything that is not aoe crazy and for other NM's you should be /blu. Turtle up. You can hold hate fine. And use the abilities and spells you were given. Rune is a tank job. Period
    (0)

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Um Run has the best native hate tools in the game outside of maybe blu.... especially now that dmg enmity has taken such a hit if trusts are easily taking hate away from it then they would have an even easier time against a pld if you played them the same
    What native hate tools? Only one I know of is my move that gives elemental resist based on runes, and that's got a hefty cooldown.
    (0)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast