Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

playonline setup

idk if this is the right spot or not but I just decided to update ffxi on my laptop and when I go to start it up and input my account name and what not there is no option to allow or not the one time password and the add user box has far fewer options than what I see on the help site. This is what I get...

instead of the add member box pictured here

http://www.playonline.com/cis/us/about.html

I recently changed my windows program and had to reinstall playonline but when I add my info and it allows me to get to the play ffxi option without my one time password but I don't want to go all the way to the char selection screen for fear that it will be seen as a hack and my account will be froze. I haven't done this since I put the game on my pc awhile back and even then didn't have this issue. I got the exact log in box that is pictured on the help section with the option to include a 1 time password. So whats the story here? What am I missing? Add member, edit member, etc all gimme this same box. Google wasn't helpful either so don't gimme that answer.

Thanks in advance
    (0)
    Last edited by Elphy; 03-10-2014 at 06:46 AM.

You are running a version of POL Viewer from before SquareEnix accounts were added. Current version is 1.18.15e

Updating will add more options, but you have to try to log in once to get that. Member name is your choice, to keep track if you have more than one account registered. Pick a name that makes sense to you. Member password sets a local password on that system that must be punched in to even start login, it's stored on your device, not on the server, so if you forget it you have to reinstall to wipe it. PlayOnline ID is AAAA#### in format, and password must be remembered. After that, attempting login will update, and allow you to define a SquareEnix ID and password (that password can never be saved), and the option to enable a one-time password.
    (0)
    Last edited by bungiefanNA; 03-10-2014 at 07:39 AM.