Exavion
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

What am I supposed to do?

Hello all!

I have a serious question...

What content (if any) is RDM relevant in these days? I returned to FFXI after a 5 year break and had to start a new character and chose RDM for various reasons, mainly because I love being able to swap playstyles with the touch of a macro. I am finding it very hard to get into any meaningful content.

For starters all shout groups for AA on my server, need BRD PLD RNG COR WHM. I'm guessing by this that Rdm no longer can fill the healer role in single partys. The same problem for any of the SKNM fights except replace RNG/COR with MNK's or War. The skirmish/delve etc just seem to use BRD PLD WHM + DD. I couldn't even get into an alliance for the wildskeeper reive the other day, I was asked if I had another job.

Is RDM unable to keep up due to no Curaga or is it something else? I've gotten a huge amount cure potency gear and I never use it. My nuke set should be similar to most BLM's and the only thing I can think of is lack of -ja and tier 5. Does nobody need haste/refresh II?

Is there any content that will accept me as a RDM or should I just give up on it?
    (0)

Player
    There's decent argument for a single Rdm in Alliance Delve (in the mage party) if you're reasonably well geared (doesn't require delve gear but does require hagondes and a decent iLevel staff), it's fine for any of the skirmishes though not optimal it's not so hard to be worth a spot.

Rdm can't really cast a very meaningful curaga (without sch sub, which you'd usually sub blm for stun), nor can it cure5, it definitely has a hard time keeping up with the speed of cures compared to Whm, or even Sch (More strategems to accession C4), but nobody invites anything but a Whm to heal, even if it has an 80Castspeed, 50% potency set, (which most serious mages do these days) A nuke set is good, 5/5 Hagondes with augments and an eminent staff should be passable and there are times it's quite useful. But primarily a Rdm is there in Delve at least to Refresh2 the Schs and Geos (perhaps Pld), haste the Sch, and either Chainspell stun certain mobs (Orobon, Scorpion) or freestun occasionally to allow scholars to get their strategems back up.
    (1)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Sadly even if you would be equiped to the nails for healing, people wont invite you as a mainhealer. This doesnt also happen for my SCH. So yeah as frustrating as it is, and this is partially the Devs fault but MAINLY the playerbases fault, if you want to get going fast on endgame you either get one of those jobs up:

RNG PLD WHM BRD MNK

or get stuck :/, as sad as it is.
    (1)

Character
    Shantaru
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    well its is true that new content favores what i call "BATTLE THROUGH IT no RDM!" only vd resist me ive done with my RDM/BLM 31 runs on aahm 119+ diff content impacting with INSTAcast under gain-INT and Elemental SEAL , adding full VIT choke effect to stack with impact all stats for a x2 effect on VIT down. with POSION on DIA III and we win those fights long as 1 is 119 rng and other can be THF. 2 rng 119 / BRD 3-song / PLD supertank / WHM / with RDM/blm as last. it not favored for sure it take skill now to win this fight as the others doing the setup you posted is FACT way to easy!! clearing the battle in under 15 min most times. plenty of time to bring RDM and dont need COR and BRD but most just want a quick win. I rem the story battle days of 75 cap and 18 alliance on fafnir. the linkshell claim wars in boyado tree and cape for aspidiadone and crimson etc. those where the days of true battle where as today new content is not able to be enjoyed by ALL! perhaps the job points system is a balancer but rdm does need the AOE effect to boost attack/ endow AOE gainspells-or temper chance ratee max 20% at 500 (mage DA proc rate) to stack on melee solid % DA proc. that and HASTE 2 added to rdm based all 3 on enhancing magic equiped but right in line with how RDM has worked from year 1 of game. SE cant make brd and cor and geo and not give at least the JA 's i suggest to RDM. NO WAY SE can believe RDM will once again enter the battlefield of new content less our abilities change. the math says no GO at moment. and if we cant take the place the COR and still bring BRD in a 6 man setup with rdm NEW ability to AOE attack and ENDOW gains or temper (perhaps haste II aoe) all on a 5 min timer. effect could last MAX id say of 2- 2.5 min making party wait for timers before RDM could use again) SE said many time that rdm is not aoe caster but with /blm sub it is. it not the spells main rdm need to aoe. 11 years i never give up on rdm/nin or rdm/blm full dot. before you give up on RDM let see what se has in store for us. if anything like what i want is added. RDM/nin(cap fascast set+-10 neck for shadows) can be impossible to gauge fun in melee cirlce or out as rdm/blm. a self supporting melee if needed or to others that boost haste- attack- and can endow gain-temper be the best change ever and bring all rdm 's vampires out of the coffin. LET DO IT SE help us out!! /salute
    (0)